The JoeCustoms Awards nomination process is now open. You have until January 30th at 11:59pm PST to submit your form. Details on the JCA main page.
Submissions for the Knock-Offs Group Project are due Sunday, February 1st, 11:59pm PST
To submit your customs, please read all of the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to: http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_xml_gen.php
- Step 2: Enter all of the data for your custom.
- Note: when entering your image information, please put the exact file name and file type extension. Do not put a file path or web address.
- Note: you will need to do one file for each custom. If you run into any issues please contact pluv.
- Step 3: Once you are finished entering in your data, click "Preview."
- Note: if any required information is missing, it will be flagged. Please go back, add the missing information and click “Preview” again.
- Step 4: Once the "Preview" is okay and nothing is flagged, click the "Generate" button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 5: Once the "Generate" button has been clicked, many browsers will prompt you to save a file. Save the file.
- Note: some browsers will not prompt you to save a file. Instead they will display a page of xml code that begins with the line "<?xml version="1.0" ?>". If this appears, in your browser, go to File -> Save As... and save the file with the suggested file name and extension.
- Step 6: Send an email to email@example.com In the subject line put “Knock Offs”. In the body of the email include the following:
> your screen name
> clear picture(s)/scan(s) of your custom (up to five pics total unless the custom warrants additional pics)
> the xml file generated from the website form
- Note: Please submit one custom entry per email.
- Note: I will try to send you a reply email within 48 hours.
- If you have any problems generating the form, let me know through a PM here.
I didn't make this clear at all before so I'm trying to fix my mistake. Apparently there has been a security leak revealing two prisoner exchanges that have already taken place.
Vanishing Point’s viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42351
Our JC intel assets are requesting that all future Prisoner Exchange reveals be held off until at least February 16th. And the links be added to this thread. This message will self destruct in
YAY! I love JCA time. We created some new categories. Tried to define some categories better. Got rid of a few duplicate categories. But the process remains the same...sort of.
Because of the deluge of Red vs Blue challenge, we've upped the initial amount of nominations per category to 10. Also, got rid of the limitation on how many times you can nominate yourself. All of this and more is outlined on the main JCA page, but if I'm missing anything, please let me know in this thread. http://www.joecustoms.com/features/jcas/jcas.php
Use links from that page to cut and paste into the JCA submission form.
http://www.joecustoms.com/features/jcas ... n_form.php
JCA (an always tentative schedule)
2 weeks of nominating starting RIGHT NOW! (just like every previous year). (16th - 30th)
1 week for 1st round of voting on the forums (narrow nominations down to a top 20) (estimated Jan. 30th-Feb 6th)
1 week for 2nd round of voting on the forums (narrow nominations down to a top 5) (estimated Feb 6th-13th)
1 week for FINAL voting through a Google Drive link on the site. (estimated Feb 13th-20th)
JCA podcast and written results at the end of Custom Celebration. Whoop, Whoop!
Go see what the first Featured Customizer of 2015 has to say about the hobby. Then come back here and let him know what you think.
http://wiki.joecustoms.com/wiki/Rambo_F ... Customizer
for NJC#82, I select Retro Sci-Fi. Think big domed space helmets, ray-guns, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, McQuarrie Star Wars designs, Jet-packs, etc...
It's a genre selection, not a character selection, so the only requirement is that your customs fit in to a retro sci-fi style.
That means original characters are permissible, as well as adapting existing characters from any genre, so long as they are rendered in this style.
No, I will not define what that style means, or answer eligibility questions otherwise. It is intended to be wide open, and it is assumed that each artist will understand the style targeted, and use their best judgment and discretion to apply it to their work.
I will post some sample photos in this thread this weekend.
Due date for submissions is 12:00pm EST, February 23, 2015
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info concerning NJC submission rules, read here: NJC Rules