Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Corps figures have hit retail (All new figures)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:31 pm 

What I really like about the guy with the gorilla set is that his rifle looks to be decently in scale. I love the Corps designs since they switched to this style of figure, but the initial guns were super out of scale and that always disappointed me. If Lanard could put out a as close as possible to scale M16A1 and CAR15 like the out of scale initial Corps releases it would turn these from awesome to amazing.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 am 

Another set featuring one of the new guys - Trickshot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 am 

Yep...definitely buying that figure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:26 pm 

I'm really enjoying this guy on the far right. Would make for a great "Skull Squad" member under Major Bludd, or troops to back up their Puma figure.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYED_q3BiRo ... psuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm 

The Lanard Corps! website has new 360 degree imagery of the new figures. Definitely some nice fodder there.

http://www.thecorpshq.com/team.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 pm 

I read those bios and look at that artwork thinking that this is definitely a line I could get behind......then I see the figures. Guess I'll just make my own.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 pm 

alleyviperelite wrote:
I read those bios and look at that artwork thinking that this is definitely a line I could get behind......then I see the figures. Guess I'll just make my own.

agreed! the art is awesome, but the figures are not quite there yet. though it does look like they are headed in the right direction :like: I see some good heads and a few arms that I could use. I've still passed on the 3 packs w/the girls. as much as I like them .$6 for 1 figure I might use and 2 I won't just keeps me from pulling the trigger. if they do a pack with all new figures or atleast both girls i'll bite :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 am 

The primary question i have regarding the new figures is how much will they cost ? It's been answered in the past but i will wait to see actual product and actual prices on pegs. I have no need for 1:18th figures at this stage. I'd only be buying the product because i found it interesting and a quality toy that wasn't trying to pass itself off as a collectors item. If the new figures are sold at joe prices i couldn't justify buying them as i might as well buy Modern Joes. I don't like the look of modern joes but at least the characters represent a part of my childhood.

However if the prices are typical lanard prices and i'm not forced to buy the older limited articulation figures along with the newly designed figures i'm going to pick them up on sight. I don't need anything more than what these figures are offering in 1:18th scale - ARAH level articulation or better, flexible plastic that won't crack , visible rivets for easy customising and disassembly and weapons that can be stored on the figure. Anything more than that i can add with a dremel and not be forced to pay $20+ per figure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 am 

alleyviperelite wrote:

Just out of curiosity what don't you like? Soft sculpting? Exposed rivets? Proportions?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 pm 
DarkJedi'd

The new ones have possibilities. Swap out the legs with fodder parts and you might have something.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

I don't mind the figures and think they'll fit in well as background characters and such. Plus, they have a back screw, so it will be easy to mix and match parts, possibly even with other lines.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:36 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
alleyviperelite wrote:

Just out of curiosity what don't you like? Soft sculpting? Exposed rivets? Proportions?

To be honest I made my post before I saw the new style figures. The pics didn't load properly at first and I clicked on Rain, Buckshot, and Diesel and was disappointed to see the same old t-crotch figures. I do like the new style figures and will get every one of them and possibly multiples. I just wish they would go ahead and phase out the old t-crotch and static figures.

But still that artwork is way better than the actual figures.

And I do like the The Corps. I've used them for customs plenty of times.

Attachment:
Volga.JPG
Volga.JPG [ 66.93 KiB | Viewed 1671 times ]

Attachment:
Red Wolf.JPG
Red Wolf.JPG [ 193.25 KiB | Viewed 1671 times ]

Also, thanks to that website I now have names and characters to go with the two on my desk.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm 

alleyviperelite wrote:
Suntzu wrote:
alleyviperelite wrote:

To be honest I made my post before I saw the new style figures. The pics didn't load properly at first and I clicked on Rain, Buckshot, and Diesel and was disappointed to see the same old t-crotch figures. I do like the new style figures and will get every one of them and possibly multiples. I just wish they would go ahead and phase out the old t-crotch and static figures.

But still that artwork is way better than the actual figures.

I do not like the proportions at all. They remind me too much of the Spytroops/VvV era. How long ago was that? So yeah they look dated.

The static figures are NEW! It's another one of those "cost savings" measures where companies trick you into thinking you are getting more than you really are. :-x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am 

Yeah....I really need to see the price point . They look good enough to me but my requirements with regard to 1:18th scale figures may be less stringent than some.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:59 am 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

Goldbug wrote:
I do not like the proportions at all. They remind me too much of the Spytroops/VvV era. How long ago was that? So yeah they look dated.

One of the things that I noticed recently is how much GI Joe product that we got during the JvC era. It was carried in multiple stores, had accompanying cartoons and storyline, and sold much better than the modern figures. They weren't as collector friendly as the new figures, but where are the modern figures now?

The CORPS! may feel like JvC era figures, but with their new product and attempt a backstory, these are still on the shelves, and from what I can ascertain, selling well enough for new product to be made.

Even the character bios seem to have more thought put into them than GI Joe as of late. Look back at the movie and recent TRU releases. One of the best thing about Joe were the filecards; the CORPS! bios are a little cheesy, but I'm interested in them. That's more than I can say about Hasbro's current offering.

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 54  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])