Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:15 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Vehicles that are cooler with a different purpose
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 pm 

I think some Vehicles might be cooler if you think of them as having a different purpose or use than Hasbro originally intended.
Here's one I think the drone that came with the Skysweeper/Crimson Hydra is cool if you look at it as a dropship/drop pod instead. In that roll it's probably cooler than the vehicle it came with.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Vehicles that are cooler with a different purpose
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:01 pm 

The vehicles were so distinctly sculpted in the ARAH and NS eras that you could always tell at a glance how to categorize them. If they had wheels or treads, they were ground vehicles. Wings or blades meant flying stuff.

But I always liked the mini-hovercraft that came with the HAVOC. Those could have been repackaged included with something like the Tactical Battle Platorm, repainted to showcase it as a seaborne vehicle. Of course, the fact that they mini-hovercrafts probably don't float is a deal breaker.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm 

I'll go modern era for mine - the ROC Gunship. I really like using it as a Cobra undersea EEL insertion submarine.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:55 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

past nastification wrote:
But I always liked the mini-hovercraft that came with the HAVOC. Those could have been repackaged included with something like the Tactical Battle Platorm, repainted to showcase it as a seaborne vehicle. Of course, the fact that they mini-hovercrafts probably don't float is a deal breaker.

...has someone done that? It would be neat to see one of those in the TBP color scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:25 am 

I think both the Bugg and the Hammerhead work better as amphibious invasion landers or insertion vehicles for Eels instead of some sort of battle sub.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm 

johnwayne wrote:
I think both the Bugg and the Hammerhead work better as amphibious invasion landers or insertion vehicles for Eels instead of some sort of battle sub.

"Insertion" may be the wrong choice of word. Think more mine laying, attaching explosives to ships' hulls, and tapping undersea cables. Also, don't see it as much of a battle sub - too small to really carry sufficient armament.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:00 pm 

Items like the flak and whirlwind cannon were ok on their own. But over the year I seen where they were attached to the battle platform and were use with other base customs which made the value go up for me. On my FLagg my brothers lost parts off the crane so I removed what as left and stuck a flak in its place... such a good move

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:14 am 

I am not sure if this counts, but I always used the Avalanche with my Star Brigade figures. I thought it was much better suited for space battles.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:13 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Probably not exactly what you mean, but the Battle Barge didn't get any use as a water battle station in my verse. Cobra used it on land, mostly on high cliffs or mountains for surveillance as well.

As for the missiles on all the vehicles: I used them for both ground and air targets. There was no such thing as air-to-air or surface-to-air when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:58 am 

I liked using the swampmasher as a support vehicle & tow vehicle for water moccasins.

Ride the ShortBus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 am 

I always liked the Centurions and MASK cartoons, but the toy scale didn’t match ARAH. And, the prices for those toys were way higher than my allowance could afford. So I learned how to improvise, and use my imagination long before Sponge Bob taught the world about “imagination “.

For the Centurions, I remember taking apart my PAC-RATs, SNAKE armor, etc., and using bread twist ties to attach them to my joes. For example, the front tread of the flamethrower PAC-RAT was tied to the front of Beachhead’s torso, and the missiles from the CLAW were added to his forearms. Now he was a tank.

MASK was easier. Just pretend that their helmet could do stuff. I don’t remember what all of them did anymore, but I do remember that the cobra on Scrap-Iron’s helmet could shoot acid. I’m pretty sure I also tried to figure out ways for the ARAH vehicles to “convert” into other vehicles. This was done with lots of playtime imagination more so than actual construction. Like when the FANG would go from helicopter to jet, I would just stop spinning the rotors and that cool looking engine exhaust became a rocket. And, the thunder machine could fly by opening up the doors just like Matt Tracker’s car.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:36 pm 

https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/adder/

I would remove the missile rack from the Adder and use it as a battlefield patient transport. The cot from the Bivouac fit perfectly on the rear.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:32 am 

up until I got the tiger shark on clearance in my last hurrah with joes I used a shoebox for my only boat. I had a lot of tinker toys and lincoln logs that made structures and vehicles. I had 4 legged beasts that joes would ride made of tinker toys. short legs horse, long legs strider :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:58 pm 

For me, the Cobra Battle Barge was always a hovercraft that Cobra used to silently place gunners into high spots on the battle zone. Just like a manned drone, the three Cobras on board would be able to see almost 360 degrees in a fire fight and offer support.
The Terror Drome became an orbiting space station when the Defiant shuttle complex was released. It works awesome as a landing platform and gun station for Cobra space operations. I used to call mine Cobra-Sat One.
Used to have tons of fun launching Astro-Vipers from it to attack Joe shuttles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:08 pm 
DarkJedi'd

alleyviperelite wrote:
https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/adder/

I would remove the missile rack from the Adder and use it as a battlefield patient transport. The cot from the Bivouac fit perfectly on the rear.

Oh, I like this idea...

I think the RPV could be repurposed to carry ordnance to the JOE planes on the Flagg, or to load missiles/bombs/tanks onto planes (with modded lift system).
https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/rpv/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:15 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])