Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:42 pm 
Should be working for Hasbro
Should be working for Hasbro

Dark Horse wrote:
Tut tut tut. How do you think I became friends with that person in the first place? I would consider a business partner that I have dealt with for over two years and have spent long hours on MSN chatting with as a friend. I think that ccounts as "dealing with them one on one". I have prices and invoices directly from 3 different factories on several different types of figures (ML / SW and 25th). I know exactly what I am talking about.

No, you still don't. Make up your mind if this person is a friend or business partner, or a late night chat buddy. Talking to someone does not count as "dealing one on one".

So, you were going to get an exclusive figure made huh? BULL. Unless you already have a solid account in good standing, with the purchasing track record to warrant a limited run, it is not going to happen to "some guy" from the web. Take Savage, he runs the Joe Con and Fan Club, he obviously works hand in hand with Hasbro, and thus - can get items made or at least can inquire into the costs and such associated with it.

NO site online run by a stand alone person works hand in hand with Hasbro with as much detail as he does - if so, then why doesn't yojoe.com have an exclusive figure or set once a year? JoeCanuck.com works with Hasbro - so much to the point that they are one of the VERY few sites that are now permitted to use the Joe Logos and Icons with permission from Hasbro Legal - even this site does not have that permission. (Sorry Beav).

So, if you're honestly trying to sit there and tell us all that YOU have these contacts because YOU looked into getting an exclusive figure made - then you are a lair. Why have we never heard about this before? You're never one to keep your yap shut on anything - in fact, you seem like you like to babble on about anything at any time. So it's really hard to swallow what you're saying since we've never heard of it before.

As for your "invoices", they obviously are not yours - so where you got them is irrelevant to me. Give me a couple of days and I'll have one for a toy line as well.

Dark Horse wrote:
I think you've been misled, as have a lot of others. I'm not just flapping my gums for no reason.

No, you're doing it because you like the attention and you want to get a rise of out people from a response. Thank god I'm being calm and polite.

Dark Horse wrote:
Other LTD Ed figures are usualy re-released with a different card/ box/ boxset/ playset somewhere along the line. We've all felt the bite of thinking we have something rare or exclusive just to find the exact same figure six months later with a new hat. :-/

Really? Ticket Promo Hogan, GIJCC Cobra Commander - those figures have been put out again in different colours? News to me. I could of added more, but I'm not in the mood to google anything right now.

Dark Horse wrote:
I know every aspect of production/ ordering and costs. EVERY ASPECT. Please don't try and punk me out. I think the likelier case is that you wanted to get your figure made, went to the first available source and accepted the first quote as the benchmark.

Yeah, that's it. 'Cause I'm an idiot and I'm "new" to the business and hobby. Nevermind that I've been doing this for nearly 18 years, have had my store nominated the BEST in my city for years in a row (coming in 2nd to TRU), and run a successfuly Convention for G.I. Joe in Canada. But yeah, you're right. I'm just some idiot that takes the first price given to me and don't research anything... That's why it took me over a month to find a new insurance company right? Or why I took so long searching for a Hi-Def DVD player? I don't doubt you know EVERY aspect - you do not know cost and quantities and procedures. You can't - unless you go through it. For the record, I went directly to HASBRO - since it's their copyright. Go ahead, say I'm still wrong.

Dark Horse wrote:
It is very difficult to make sure you get a good deal with any overseas factory. Pretty much the only way to do it is to go to the main ones in person. Though as I have said, my friend (Linda at Boying toys if you want to google her/ them to validate all I've said) works with several factories and can get really good deals. It's never a set in stone cost either, you can barter.

OMG!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!?!?! I NEVER KNEW THAT! :roll:
Don't talk down to me like you're some high and mighty toy god. You're not, and neither am I, nor do I try to portray that I am. Again, if you had ALL this info before - because you were looking into getting something done, then why have we not heard about it before? And like I'm going to check with "Linda" at some place I've never head of (FYI : for the record, I googled it (and I didn't want to google anything right now) - Google asked me if I meant "Buying Toys" - Linda and Boying Toys together brought up Linda Hogans Boy-Toy). I'm not going to "check" with anyone anyway - because, as I stated earlier - someone has fed you the wrong info, she would no doubt feed me the wrong info as well. Oh, for the record - alot of prices ARE set in stone.

Dark Horse wrote:
So in future, please be less quick to judge another man as ignorant, especially when your own evidence is one dimensional and unsubstantiated. ;-)

Are you really this full of yourself? MY info is unsubstantiated? My evidence is one dimensional?? At least I've dealt DIRECTLY with places - instead of just some person online. Go through the process - from start to finish. Submit the idea, get the reply back saying what has to be changed, go through pricing, get the new pricing with the changes due to some forseen problems, alter your original plans, go through legal, go through more legal, have legal shut you down for one part, go through more legal, go through packaging and costs, go through more talk about deadlines and production, go through more pricing, go through it ALL - right up to the end, and I will take agree that you have indeed "gone through it one on one". As of this moment, you have not. Oh, and I never said you were IGNORANT (quote me), I did say you were MISLED. BIG difference.

In YOUR future, I strongly suggest you add me to your Foe list. Because as of THIS post, I will never.... EVER see your username - again. You are foed.

DON'T reply to this, if you do, then you will be forever proving your egotistical nature and the fact that you can "never" be wrong, also proving that you MUST get the LAST WORD in.... you see, (gotta explain for you incase you're drunk), I - WILL - NOT - SEE - YOUR - REPLY - TO - THIS - MESSAGE. - YOU - ARE - ON - MY - FOE - LIST - AND - THEREFORE - I - CAN - NOT - READ - WHAT - YOU - TYPE.

I imagine I'll enjoy this place alot more that way. Unfortunately, there are other ways for you to contact me..... damn... I'm sure you'll only reply out here however... which I'll never see.... which is a shame really... since I donated money to the site, you'd think I'd want to see ALL of it - even your replies. Meh? Did you donate?... Aren't you rich or something??

Bottom line is this, I HAVE dealt with all of the above, you have not. Agree to that - 'cause it's the truth - whether you believe it or not. (He won't agree people.... I'd bet on it).

905-312-1621

www.bountyhuntertoys.com

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:05 am 

OK, I'm no mod, but this is getting really unpleasant. Can we, I dunno, take things like this to PM in the future or something? Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am 
Hi, beav. Playing cards?
Hi, beav. Playing cards?

Macrossmaster wrote:
OK, I'm no mod, but this is getting really unpleasant. Can we, I dunno, take things like this to PM in the future or something? Just sayin'.

Agreed.

I've given Mike an official warning for violating the Respect rule.

One chance to get this back on track, let's take it shall we?

Ignore the man behind the curtain...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:15 am 
King of Daikaiju

Even though I did kind of like some of these figures, mainly Airtight and Outback, there really is no way I'd pay these kinds of prices for them.

There are very few 3 3/4" figures I've ever paid this much for. Not to mention paying to "join" the club, just to be able to buy the figures.

Big pass from me.

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:51 pm 

If these had come out before the 25th figures OR if the 25th figures had sucked I would buy these. But I was never much of an O-ring collector (had a small collection cuz that was all that was available in 3 3/4" scale) which is why the 25th have captured my collecting budget (since Sigma 6 is on "hiatus", I refuse to say the "d" word). Even at the higher cost these would have been nice to have in my new sculpt collection. But, unfortunately the Club is just too late with these. At least for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:10 pm 

Yeah, I think the timing of these figures are really going to be their down fall. When they first released the news about these figures coming out I think for the most part everyone was exciting about getting more Joe figures, but then the 25th line hit and became a success and the new sculpt o-ring figures kinda went by the wayside. Especially if we are going to see these characters in their 25th renditions. We already have falcon released and i'm betting Outback and airtight won't be that far behind.

While I applaud MC for trying to give us figures we wanted, I think they waited too long for us to still be excited about them especially with them being "exclusives" that have a higher price.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:21 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

I'm kind of in the same position as most have said, here. I also feel that a lot of people have bad feelings toward the GIJCC, for both justified and unjustified reasons, myself included, but I have to be honest, I really don't want to see MC take a bath on these. I still have my own issues with MC, but I really do think that they were trying here to do something to serve the collector market directly, that we as a group said we wanted. I also don't want them to eat the cost of these because I don't want to see their costs go up elsewhere, trying to make this money back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:26 pm 

What happen to the single cards they showed not to long ago?
These things better be carded as 2 packs, they bet not send me 2 single carded figures with those choices.

Maybe you get one of those action attack dukes back you guys sent off a few years back.

Airtight vs. Cobra Officer ($28.99)
Outback vs. Night Viper (28.99)
Falcon vs. Munitia and PP Copperhead (40.99

One more thing hit me. They want me to pay 52.99 for the only figure I want I could care less about that fat face falcone he looks more like Sneekpeek then Duke's half brother, PP Copperhead I guess I can deal with him. Now I have to find one of those PP Water Moccasin.

http://kullaird.mybrute.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:18 pm 

Whats really gonna hurt em is the fact that I'd pass on em at 7.99.

Now if these were the unproduced Battle Rangers? Maaaybe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:23 pm 
HATES Mattel

The biggest thing that shows me how absolutely *stupid* MC is, is that they ran these figs off all at the same ratio. There's never been any evidence to suggest that the fandom wanted each of these figs to the same degree, so why run them off at a 1:1:1:1:1 ratio, when I'd guess 80% of the fandom only want Munitia?

Y'know, just because you do end up making *some* profit, MC; doesn't mean you're making all the profit you *could* make. Y'all don't make half the sales and profit y'all could be making if y'all weren't so damned stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm 
Baron Shooty Von Shooterwelm
Baron Shooty Von Shooterwelm

I usually have to mind my mouth when I have opinions on these kinds of topics lately, but I have to say - I'm sad to see these figures come down at such a high price point.

Per figure costs plus shipping calculated into the price, each figure is the cost of a brand spanking new Rattler or Conquest - something with broad appeal to collectors. I really am disappointed to see that these will most likely parallel the disaster that was the KB Manimals simply because of cost and an evaporated demand.

These ARE good looking figures - for their time.

But right now, the hearts and minds of collectors lies with the 25th Anniversary format or those die-hard collectors of vintage ARAH. There simply is not room in this loaded market right now for DTC/VvV/JvC/2002-2006 style figures. A DTC format collector is a rare breed right now and expecting those few to shoulder a production run of this size and at a 400% over-retail price, just doesn't seem to fit the conditions of right-now.

I think about how much retail product is available, and how the people who WOULD be interested in these figures are already over-taxed with a flurry of retail exclusives, main-stream products and internet exclusive products - I think this was a really poorly timed move. And the worst of it being, the next time collectors clamor for unreleased/canceled product, MC may not want to be bothered on delivering. At least not with Joe...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:58 pm 

Two more things:

1. Can you imagine how awesome carded ARAH figures would be? I mean, WOW I would go nuts on that. What fun it would be to buy a new ARAH figure, with truly old school packaging.

2. Someone mentioned the 12" figures MC is sitting on - the $48 Air Force 12" guy and the combat gear laden Army Soldier. I'd love both of these – is there a chance of clearance, and when it comes to their exclusives, whats the timeline for clearance anyhow?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:15 pm 

Macrossmaster wrote:
Two more things:

1. Can you imagine how awesome carded ARAH figures would be? I mean, WOW I would go nuts on that. What fun it would be to buy a new ARAH figure, with truly old school packaging.

Even though I'm all about the 25th line, and don't have much ARAH in my collection, I'll admit that I'd find that pretty cool. I don't know if it would be $30 worth of nostalgia (especially when I could buy 90's era MOC figures for that price), but it would still be cool. I wish they'd release some ARAH figures (even if they were just repackages without accessories) as part of the Family Dollar priced line (like they have been with the rereleased VvV figures).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 pm 
Narceron.com
Narceron.com

The joe lemmings(those that buy every craptastic thing at the con) are to blame.

MC just wants to know how far they can bend you over.

And I guarantee you they will sell at least a few of these, :(

Too bad, I wanted munitia, but at these prices, we could pay someone to sculpt a head for my baroness peg warmer, lol.

Should we take a bet on how long til they clearance them, or better yet, how much they charge said joe lemmings at the con next year.

Chief wrote:
Now, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here in the forums, but I have this intense hatred of short people.*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:52 pm 

dakullprt wrote:
What happen to the single cards they showed not to long ago?
These things better be carded as 2 packs, they bet not send me 2 single carded figures with those choices.

Maybe you get one of those action attack dukes back you guys sent off a few years back.

Airtight vs. Cobra Officer ($28.99)
Outback vs. Night Viper (28.99)
Falcon vs. Munitia and PP Copperhead (40.99

One more thing hit me. They want me to pay 52.99 for the only figure I want I could care less about that fat face falcone he looks more like Sneekpeek then Duke's half brother, PP Copperhead I guess I can deal with him. Now I have to find one of those PP Water Moccasin.

Sorry, thats what it is. These are single carded figures, that's just the groups that they are selling them in.

She's gone from suck to blow!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])