Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )
 
 
 

It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:57 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
I thinks somebody is smoking something over at the club

_________________
You can now like True Gritt Customs on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Gritt-Customs/461133467260334?ref=hl
You can also follow True Gritt Customs on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/truegrittcustoms/?hl=en


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:39 pm 
User avatar
Snake Staked

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: London, England
THE Mike™ wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:
No factory in China will produce a figure in less units than 5000 - that's the industry standard MOQ.


Wrong. I know for a solid FACT that you can get a run done in 100, 200, 500, etc.

Dark Horse wrote:
As the molds have already been made, production costs for each of these figures is less than a dollar (25th figures cost $1.25).


Also wrong. (Unless you're Hasbro, Jakks, etc etc getting a typical run done).

I wish I could share with you all why I know 100% with certainty that both of those statements are wrong, but I can't talk about it due to an agreement. Hopefully one day I can, but for now, it is a myth that you have to have a minimum of 5000 units produced.

Of course, I don't expect any of you to believe me, just as you have no reason to believe DH either. ;-)




I said the industry standard MOQ is 5000. I have a personal friend who deals with invoicing at the factory that make Star Wars and DC direct figures. She also oversees pricing on most of the other similar factorys. 5000 is the MOQ.
That is FACT. Anything else would count as a prototype run.

And the unit cost is for any figure of that scale which would be part of the 5000 unit run. I think it would be even cheaper than that for the bigger established companies.

Mike, if those numbers are the ones you're getting, I think your factory/ company may be taking you for a ride. ;-)

_________________
Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.

My FB customs page


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm 
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Pants
Looks like somebody got their bowl of Smuggies in this morning....



These prices are "LASER BLAST", just like 80% of these figures. I'm not even really interested in owning a Munitia figure anymore. Not even for half that price.

_________________
Joe Customs wrote:
"Lance Sputnik you are both insane and brilliant!" (meandnooneelse)
"I want a Lance Sputnik range of figures." (Kambei)
"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:27 pm 
User avatar
Snake Staked

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Melrose, Massachusetts
Dark Horse wrote:
THE Mike™ wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:
No factory in China will produce a figure in less units than 5000 - that's the industry standard MOQ.


Wrong. I know for a solid FACT that you can get a run done in 100, 200, 500, etc.

Dark Horse wrote:
As the molds have already been made, production costs for each of these figures is less than a dollar (25th figures cost $1.25).


Also wrong. (Unless you're Hasbro, Jakks, etc etc getting a typical run done).

I wish I could share with you all why I know 100% with certainty that both of those statements are wrong, but I can't talk about it due to an agreement. Hopefully one day I can, but for now, it is a myth that you have to have a minimum of 5000 units produced.

Of course, I don't expect any of you to believe me, just as you have no reason to believe DH either. ;-)




I said the industry standard MOQ is 5000. I have a personal friend who deals with invoicing at the factory that make Star Wars and DC direct figures. She also oversees pricing on most of the other similar factorys. 5000 is the MOQ.
That is FACT. Anything else would count as a prototype run.

And the unit cost is for any figure of that scale which would be part of the 5000 unit run. I think it would be even cheaper than that for the bigger established companies.

Mike, if those numbers are the ones you're getting, I think your factory/ company may be taking you for a ride. ;-)



actually, dudes, You CAN order a run of 2000 figures, the club does it all the time (they did it this year witht he Con exclusives.) However, the price point is the exact same as if you ordered 5000. The club Lately lowballs the numbers so they dont get stuck with product flooding the warehouse like the M.O.T.H. sets and 40th anniversary 12inch figures are.

I think the main problem is people nowadays just cant shell out that kind of money on figures. they might have sold more effectively if they were individual figures being sold for 10 bucks apiece.

_________________
He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave.
- Sir William Drummond
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought, without accepting it.
- Aristotle."


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:36 pm 
User avatar
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Minot ND
yeah there just ins't a market for newsculpts at that price.

RAH sure, hell 25th figure customs using those parts sure, but not poor antiquated newsculpts.


I know the collectible market in Japan often throws out pieces with a limited 500 or less run. Many of those are produced in the same factory that produces regular runs. So doing a small run isn't that uncommon.

Though I also know there are plenty of people buying MC "limited" figures from midnight Chinese sellers and other sources so any number thrown out for a run by master collector is a guess at best.

_________________
Gaigaan-Dnok wrote:
First I want to say danielb is a bastard.



Team Red Lazer


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: everywhere at once
I bet MC will have a 25th line of unproduced figures around 2015 or so, when we are all waiting for Gi Joe 3: Fodder Wars. :lol:

_________________
Suburbanator wrote:
Any problem can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.


/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノGreat duos come in threes..


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:06 pm 
User avatar
Just like Zandar: never noticed or appreciated
Just like Zandar: never noticed or appreciated

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Delaware
I wasn't expecting those prices or shipping charges :monocle:

I'll wait for someone to get them for me after the predicted price slash

_________________
My G.I. Joe Store
(new items added May 6th)
$1.99 or less bargains! (with lower prices in ALL categories)
--» Wanted

My Avatar: Big Brawler loses his head over what he sees...literally


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm 
User avatar
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Shreveport, La.
Oh I'd buy them at a good price. I still like the new sculpt design. Most of them were great. That's part of the reason I've sort of army built the Hulkbuster figures. But the prices for the Hulkbuster sets are about the top of what I'm ready to pay. I got the Hulk pack that had the green padded figure, and even bought 2 just to have them. That was what $14.98 each? So basically I paid $15 for 1 figure. I'll buy the TRU set too just for the 3 figures in it. It has been stretched out enough though that I wasn't getting them all at 1 time, and I didn't have to pay for shipping charges.

_________________


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm 
User avatar
Should be working for Hasbro
Should be working for Hasbro

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Dark Horse wrote:
I have a personal friend who deals with invoicing at the factory that make Star Wars and DC direct figures. She also oversees pricing on most of the other similar factorys. 5000 is the MOQ.
That is FACT. Anything else would count as a prototype run.


You have NO clue what you're talking about until you've dealt with them ONE ON ONE.

Less than 5000 is NOT considered protos. Consider the limited Edition WWE figures for starters. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. I've actually spoken, emailed, and dealt with companies over there. I was in the process of getting a figure done, that is all you need to know. You are wrong on this, I'm sorry, but until you actually proceed with getting your OWN item done, you can not, and will not convince me otherwise. You are wrong. Period. Just because a "friend" says something (alot of people have those "friends") doesn't mean it's fact. Every company, toyline, and product is different.

As for pricing, I'm not wrong. For a typical Hasbro run, your price is in the range.

Dark Horse wrote:
Mike, if those numbers are the ones you're getting, I think your factory/ company may be taking you for a ride. ;-)


Jakks Pacific, Hasbro, Playmates Toys - yeah, they're known for taking people for rides. :roll:

It's ok to be wrong DH - you were fed wrong info, and you passed it off as truth. As far as you knew, that was legit - but it's not, so please don't tell me I'm wrong when I've dealt with it first hand - not via a "friend".

_________________
Bounty Hunter Toys
118 Ottawa St. North
Hamilton, ON
905-312-1621

www.bountyhuntertoys.com


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Denver, CO
kingofpain26 wrote:
actually, dudes, You CAN order a run of 2000 figures, the club does it all the time (they did it this year witht he Con exclusives.) However, the price point is the exact same as if you ordered 5000. The club Lately lowballs the numbers so they dont get stuck with product flooding the warehouse like the M.O.T.H. sets and 40th anniversary 12inch figures are.


The reason its the same price for 2000 as it is for 5000 is cause the other 3000 go to the Midnight Chinese dealers.

_________________
DESTRIN 41016 wears girl jeans
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:32 pm 
User avatar
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Here's my conspiracy theory for today:

They priced them high with high shipping in order to get people to come to the convention and get them cheaper and without postage. The reduced price they will get pales in comparison to hooking people for attendee packages and all the assorted other goodies.


I never said it was a sound theory! ;-)

_________________
nihil durat in aeternum


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:05 pm 
User avatar
Nanomite enhanced

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: New Bern, NC
I think that this is a difficult purchase to justify even though I still like the JvC-style line and would like to have these figures. I think I could handle paying $29 for a two-pack if that price included shipping, *maybe* even $11 extra if it covered shipping for all three sets together, but $11 per set for shipping is not acceptable. At this rate, I'll probably pick them up if I go to the convention or can otherwise get someone attending the convention to pick them up for me.

_________________
No longer "bi".


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania
As devil's advocate, I don't see why you couldn't get all three sets shipped together for a combined shipping fee. Might save a few dollars, if you're willing to wait until the last set is out.


bearcatcc


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
I think there are a few lessons to be learned here, but I don't hope MC gets stuck in the deal.

Personally, I see it as an act of good intention that they are trying to release items that we clamoured for. We shouted, they listened. It's like Kay-Bee Manimals Lesson: Chapter 2.

I think the real lesson at hand is that the timing was toooo late on both of those counts. Had the Kay-Bee Manimals been released when there wasn't new product on the horizon, I think they would have done better. Likewise, had these been released when the collective attention of the community was pointed toward "new" sculpt stuff, they would have sold pretty well. The total is $132.97 for everything shipped IF you don't wait to have it all shipped at once (which does run the slight risk off sell-outs). That comes out to $19 per figure shipped. How far is that really from the prices of the con sets? Yes, it is high, but we should have expected that from a MC offering. And had they been timed right, I don't think price would be as much of an issue.

Another way to look at price is to compare it to the going rate of the samples that leaked from chinese sellers. Airtight bottomed out as the cheapest guy to get around (iirc) $30. But Falcon maintained value at well over the cost of this entire set. So I can see MC thinking $19 each w/shipping is a good deal.

I'll definitely be buying and I hope to get some extra accessories to finish out the parts I am missing from my sample pieces.

Maybe in the future, Hasbro can give MC a faster heads up on items that are not going to be made. How long were these delayed by Hasbro with no official cancellation? That is probably the largest chunk of the timing issue before MC stepped in.

As far as the "midnight chinese" rumors go....that was debunked a long time ago. No one is making figures at night nor during lunch time.


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIJCC DTC Figures Priced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:18 pm 
User avatar
Snake Staked

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am
Location: London, England
THE Mike™ wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:
I have a personal friend who deals with invoicing at the factory that make Star Wars and DC direct figures. She also oversees pricing on most of the other similar factorys. 5000 is the MOQ.
That is FACT. Anything else would count as a prototype run.


You have NO clue what you're talking about until you've dealt with them ONE ON ONE.

Less than 5000 is NOT considered protos. Consider the limited Edition WWE figures for starters. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. I've actually spoken, emailed, and dealt with companies over there. I was in the process of getting a figure done, that is all you need to know. You are wrong on this, I'm sorry, but until you actually proceed with getting your OWN item done, you can not, and will not convince me otherwise. You are wrong. Period. Just because a "friend" says something (alot of people have those "friends") doesn't mean it's fact. Every company, toyline, and product is different.

As for pricing, I'm not wrong. For a typical Hasbro run, your price is in the range.

Dark Horse wrote:
Mike, if those numbers are the ones you're getting, I think your factory/ company may be taking you for a ride. ;-)


Jakks Pacific, Hasbro, Playmates Toys - yeah, they're known for taking people for rides. :roll:

It's ok to be wrong DH - you were fed wrong info, and you passed it off as truth. As far as you knew, that was legit - but it's not, so please don't tell me I'm wrong when I've dealt with it first hand - not via a "friend".


Tut tut tut. How do you think I became friends with that person in the first place? I would consider a business partner that I have dealt with for over two years and have spent long hours on MSN chatting with as a friend. I think that ccounts as "dealing with them one on one". I have prices and invoices directly from 3 different factories on several different types of figures (ML / SW and 25th). I know exactly what I am talking about. I think you've been misled, as have a lot of others. I'm not just flapping my gums for no reason.
Roguetiger hit the nail on the head. 5000 will always get made. No matter how many they tell you, or what any secondary company tells you, 5000 get made. There is no way in hell the remaining ones can get tracked, but like RT said the Midnight dealers scoop up most of the rest whether you hear about it or not. Other LTD Ed figures are usualy re-released with a different card/ box/ boxset/ playset somewhere along the line. We've all felt the bite of thinking we have something rare or exclusive just to find the exact same figure six months later with a new hat. :-/
I know every aspect of production/ ordering and costs. EVERY ASPECT. Please don't try and punk me out. I think the likelier case is that you wanted to get your figure made, went to the first available source and accepted the first quote as the benchmark.
It is very difficult to make sure you get a good deal with any overseas factory. Pretty much the only way to do it is to go to the main ones in person. Though as I have said, my friend (Linda at Boying toys if you want to google her/ them to validate all I've said) works with several factories and can get really good deals. It's never a set in stone cost either, you can barter.

So in future, please be less quick to judge another man as ignorant, especially when your own evidence is one dimensional and unsubstantiated. ;-)

_________________
Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.

My FB customs page


Top
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:57 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group