Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: FIREBAT & SHARC shipping
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I got home just a while ago getting ready to head to my second job and found a package from Fun Publishing. Opening it up I found that it was the Firebat and SHARC. Actually the SHARC is labeled "SHARC TOOTH".

The Firebat looks just as cool as it did. The SHARC isn't as exciting since it's had several re-releases. I don't have time to open them and do any pictures, but I'll do that when I get in tonight. I just wanted to give a quick post and a heads up since this should mean they will be in stores very soon if not already.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: FIREBAT & SHARC shipping
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 pm 

Yeah I posted on Friday about the notification I got from BBTS that this wave was shipping. Mine should be here Friday just in time for some heavy play action I have planned. Good to know that others are getting them in as well. Usually BBTS either gets folks beat by a week or two or is behind a week or two. Rarely at the same time.

How's the Firebat look in package? I never had one and even though Deep Six and the SHARC are childhood faves, the Firebat is one I'm really looking forward to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-25th-Firebat ... 286.c0.m14 There's a pic of one in the box.

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:53 pm 

Tease! This is my favorite cobra jet.....or jet period.

If anybody does not want the jet itself, lmk, I only want the one AVAC, but want a couple of Firebats.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Unfortunately I got sick the night I got these. I went to work but got home feeling really bad so I never got to open them or anything. I spent all day at the doctors yesterday and now am feeling a lot better. I found out it's bronchitis. But anyway, I'm finally getting some pictures. I shot the box shots for now and am in the process of opening the packs:

I left them fairly big. Now to start opening them and shoot some more images.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm 

I love how the painting shows Deep Six in an action pose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Unfortunately I had to leave and go to work, so no out of box pics still. I didn't even get to open the Firebat. I did open the SHARC however. It does come with the air pump so you can do the same with this one in water as the original. I understand the idea of wanting to put a play feature in there for kids that might buy this, but I'm still not really a fan. I'd rather have seen articulation, which it could have been done and still keep the feature. All that would have been needed is make the legs hollow and run tubes down them to the feet. Articulation would have been limited, but it still would have worked.

I will get pics up no later than in the morning if nobody else has their before then and does a full pictorial shot. Pics have been shot of the SHARC, I just have to edit them. Itdoes have the old style backpegs that hold the torpedos on. That gives the ability to use it with the older figures, but it also has a single new style peg too between them. There's 2 handles for figures to hold on to as well. The back pegs holding the torpedos on make them just as bad as the original. They flop around a lot. The directional fins also are not tight and move as you move the vehicle. I don't exactly like that and may put some glue back there to tighten it up. In other words take the fins off and let some glue dry on the insert before putting the fins back on for those that have never done that, hehe. It tightens the joint up

The backdrop for the SHARC has given me an idea I'd really like to make though. It would be really neat to make a Flagg display background. Having that image, it wouldn't be hard. The bottom base could be made so that it looks like the front of the aircraft carrier complete with stickers to add all the detail. I just don't know about size cause I think it should be made big enough to fit at least a single Skystriker. I'll have to play with the idea so I can see if it can be made for a price decent enough that wouldn't be too much. This wouldn't be like the other display bases where it's only sized to fit groups of figures and small vehicles. It would be a Flagg that people can display without having to use it as a coffee table, hehe. There's also a pretty cool one with the Firebat.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:37 pm 

UPS man apparently delivered mine this morning. Its taking all my willpower not to go home and play this afternoon.

J-Man, I do like the idea of a FLAGG display base. I'll share my thoughts in the Display Base thread so as not to derail this one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I got a little time so I'll post the SHARC pics:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:52 pm 

So...is Deep Six updated in any way?
New head?
New articulation?

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 pm 

Tsunami wrote:
New head?
New articulation?

J_man can correct me if I'm wrong.........but I believe the hands turn, the elbows bend a little bit, and something else I can't remember from the preview pics.

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:07 pm 

roguetiger wrote:
Tsunami wrote:
New head?
New articulation?

J_man can correct me if I'm wrong.........but I believe the hands turn, the elbows bend a little bit, and something else I can't remember from the preview pics.

The head is balljointed and the clear helmet comes off. That's about it. The rumored knee and hip articulation are dearly missed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:18 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yeah the only change from the original is the elbows, wrists, the helmet coming off, and the ball joint head. There's a few minor new details such as some sculpted fans on the back of the feet, but that's it. They could have easily made half moon type of joint articulation at the hips so they'd move a little, made the legs hollow with a knee joint, and ran a tube down the leg to the feet. A ball joint shoulder would have been good too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:34 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Here's the Firebat shots:

My only issue is the same as I had with the old one, how does it land? They show several sitting there in the backdrop, but there are no langing gears. The 2 backwheels are mounted so that they touch when it's upright. I've always had a problem about that with the Firebat.

The AVAC i a little snug fitting in, but he fits. There's also a small knife included in the figure stand package. This fits on his boot. I also included a picture of the Deep Six figure stand that does come with the SHARC.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])