Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: NewsFlash!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 pm 
Plug
Plug

jamarmiller wrote:
Nice find, the article that dave tree wrote is good

cool that he found that in the STATE MUESEUM

I found the link pretty easy to find so not for sure how some people could have missed the news flash on the front page or the post in the forums under news
Not for nothing, but the NewsFlash Banner wasn't there when I looked earlier. I'm glad it was added though. Also trying to find a specific thread on forum when I had no idea exactly what it was about was kind of difficult. I'm glad the link was added to this thread too because this is worth checking out for everyone.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:20 pm 

pluv wrote:
...........................Not for nothing, but the NewsFlash Banner wasn't there when I looked earlier. I'm glad it was added though. ..................

ah , thats make sense , if it wasnt there before I probally wouldnt have been able to find it either

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 pm 
Strong Fat Tongue

Holy crap, if true, then simply amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 pm 
Exploding Man Peter

raptor wrote:
I want to believe, but I'm not seeing a conclusive link here. How does one go about validating this kind of thing?

Any insight on this Pete?

- R

I might get slammed for raining on this parade but here goes (since you asked).....

In my line of environmental work via peer reviewing other reports, I would have to agree that there isn't 100% definitive or conclusive proof in the written text provided in the link below:

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/6/fforce.html

The author uses phrases such as "All these examples pointed towards". That isn't conclusive or actual proof. Mind you, getting conclusive proof would be a [LASER BLAST]. But there are ways of getting this proof through Palitoy record's (if any still exist) such as concept art work, unproduced catelogs with the figure depicted or a hardcopy (i.e. resin, 2 UP) of the figure. Worse case, maybe UK State Museum can provide a document or a signed written letter stating that this figure is indeed an unproducted Bombardier figure, which was obtained from Palitoy.

I assume these pictures where taken at the UK State Museum? If so, this should be clealy stated in the article.

And speaking of validating information
Quote:
"Further searching produced a 5th member to the team, one which had been seen before, but no-one knew for certain where this figure came from and had always remained a mystery. The figure was a grey, red and yellow repaint of the GI-Joe Flash figure. During the second series of Action Force, Palitoy issued repainted GI-Joe characters with some of its vehicles. 'Bombardier' was labelled to be scheduled with the Mobile Missile System. The toy was issued to SAS eventually without a figure, but was originally issued with a figure in the GI-Joe toy line."

Further searching of what....? What was labelled and scheduled? This is unclear to me or any other reader. This needs to be further elaborated upon.

The way the article reads is that the mystery figure (Flash) is all in likelihood a Palitoy figure. Hence the reason why I stated that "providing if this information is validated to be accurate" earlier in this thread.

Once again, don't shoot me for the feedback. It's just my take.

Last edited by Pete The Greek on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 pm 

The Baron wrote:
Thanks everyone! Dave deserves all of the credit.

GITrekker wrote:
this version of Flash, whatever his name might've been

His name is Bombadier!

Gotta admit, that beats the heck out of "Moondancer"... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:24 pm 

I'll be darned, for as long as I can remember I have wondered about that figure, at one point I had assumed it might have been "Shooter" from the comics, the mystery 14th joe (as 13 was an unlucky number and seemed odd).

Still this makes a lot more sence with the colors and all, it never occured to me that this might be a foregn (to me) figure. That is very cool.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 am 
Donor
Donor

Nice report!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 am 
Snake Staked

I am afraid that I have to agree with Pete on this. While I do not want to disrespect the author in any way... it just does not sound conclusive. Its speculation. My own speculation has always been that the "mystery figure" was an unproduced Action Force figure. So, this does not give me any more information aside from a Code Name that has not, at this time, been validated. If there were some documents to back it up then great. For now, I have to say that it was a fun read but I am just not sold on it and I truly ope to be proven wrong with documented proof.

Kama

p.s. sorry if I rained on anyone's parade.

DarkJedi wrote:
they had basically assumed every position in the Kamakura... :shifty:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:07 am 

$100 bucks? That's it? Someone should fork over 1000 for that answer geez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:23 pm 
Exploding Man Peter

Hulk Hogan wrote:
$100 bucks? That's it? Someone should fork over 1000 for that answer geez

The person offering the $100 also offered $1,000 bucks to buy another grey Flash figure. So he might be saving that coin for that. :whistling:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm 
card back fetish
card back fetish

Perhaps he could get a letter from the museum comfiming that this item is from their collection and what records they have one it. Just something concete you know.

Come see the "What I'm Working On" posts every Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:26 pm 
Exploding Man Peter

Dream wrote:
Perhaps he could get a letter from the museum comfiming that this item is from their collection and what records they have one it. Just something concete you know.

Or even a date confirmation or the estimated time frame when the museum received these unproduced Palitoy figures and/or other toys. It's a museum. Don't they they archive inventory onsite for housekeeping records and/or for insurance purposes?

The article doesn't state when these items were received by museum. Maybe they don't know. Fair enough. Reason being if the museum got these unproduced items in the late 1980s or early1990s (before the one shown by Ron Connor), that might be all the proof you need that these hand painted mock-ups were intended for this toy line. Like who would create fakes if they don't know what figures to copy in the first place.

Regardless, the article does come across in all likelihood that Flash was a unproduced Palitoy figure. I don't dispute that. It's just the the article could use some work to get rid of some of the anecdotal information.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm 

Pete The Greek wrote:
Dream wrote:

Or even a date confirmation or the estimated time frame when the museum received these unproduced Palitoy figures and/or other toys. It's a museum. Don't they they archive inventory onsite for housekeeping records and/or for insurance purposes?

The article doesn't state when these items were received by museum. Maybe they don't know. Fair enough. Reason being if the museum got these unproduced items in the late 1980s or early1990s (before the one shown by Ron Connor), that might be all the proof you need that these hand painted mock-ups were intended for this toy line. Like who would create fakes if they don't know what figures to copy in the first place.

Regardless, the article does come across in all likelihood that Flash was a unproduced Palitoy figure. I don't dispute that. It's just the the article could use some work to get rid of some of the anecdotal information.

these sound ( to me) reasonable and pretty easy to get Baron, can Dave tree Get these things?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:59 pm 

am I the only one that sees a nice custom? I mean, the red and yellow look hand painted? If these are in a museum, why no picture of them "in" the museum, not some pictures that any Tom, Dick or Harry can take in their basement looking pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 pm 

SteamPunk Michael wrote:
am I the only one that sees a nice custom? I mean, the red and yellow look hand painted? If these are in a museum, why no picture of them "in" the museum, not some pictures that any Tom, Dick or Harry can take in their basement looking pictures.

This figure is a hand painted mock up and I do believe the picture was actually taken in the basement of the museum. So, your statement is dead on. What would be hillarious, is if the designer was named Tom D. Harry.

The Baron has posted pics of the baggie the figure was found in and it does have a label showing the name, R&D #, and the vehicle it would have come with. I am sure that is the information source that DT is basing his article on. I personally have no doubt as to the authenticity of these pieces. Only because I have seen a lot of stuff with less provienence that people believe in. He should have put a pic of the label in the article, full name of the museum, and any dates found concerning the collection.

No matter what, it is still a great find.
Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])