Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Movie figures release date sooner
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:55 pm 
Plug
Plug

Hasbro wrote:
G.I. Joe Fans:
As if celebrating the 4th of July weren’t cause for enough excitement, imagine having early access to a slew of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra figures and vehicles. Well, your wish is our command.

Hasbro is pleased to announce that the first wave G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra toys are going to begin to hit shelves ONE WEEK EARLY, starting Monday, July 6th.

Beginning this Monday and rolling out throughout next week, your favorite retailers will be adding G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra figures and vehicles to their stores. This is your opportunity to be the first to get your hands on these highly anticipated toys.

If you could help us spread the word to other G.I. JOE fans, that would be great.

Thanks and have a terrific 4th of July weekend! Yo Joe!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Movie figures release date sooner
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 pm 

Yeah TRU just got the Street date changed..Check your TRU on Saturday..but DO NOT ASK if they are in the back...Holiday weekends suck and someone is libel to smack you... 8-O

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm 

Quote:
This is your opportunity to be the first to get your hands on these highly anticipated toys.

If you don't count Canada and all the Wallys and TRUs who already have the toys on their shelves :shifty:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:27 pm 

Yea, I saw these in the back at Target today, and the boxes had "Do not put out prior to July 10th" omn them... ?

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 pm 
Snake Staked

THEY'RE ALREADY OUT!!!!

picked up Ripcord, Heavy Duty, Zartan, Breaker, and Viper Commando about 20 minutes ago at the target near my house ....

(and that's the ghetto target, so you KNOW they're out in the suburban ones..)

interesting...
so far i don't have any issues really with the figures.

- the weapons hold fine in their hands, even breaker, who has the "fist hands' torch has

- the plastic isn't any flimsier than the 25th figures, or New Sculpt for that matter

- the weapons aren't over sized (just the missile firing ones)

- they look cool standing there,.. and playing...

- Hasbro learned their lesson: No "Action Poses" and the guns are NOT in their hands, just rubber banded to the arm or chest.

- Accelerator suit Rip-Cord is now my Cool breeze, and the helmet jaw opens up to reveal his face. Im buying anther one to customize a Robo joe

if I had to pick a gripe:

1) heavy duty is cross eyed, but I was told thats because Adibisi is cross eyed....

2) breaker IS kinda skinny (like a skinny guy wearing a Winter vest)

3) before you could just choose not to use the missile firing weapons, but these are itnergrated into the accessories (Heavy duty's big gun connects to his backpack via the ammo strip, breaker's laptop plugs in directly into his...)

4) Zartan has WAY too many knives (only one will fit into his backpack) but since theyre all Hibben designs, I can forgive that. but his backpack wont stay on...

all in all.. good figures. a lot of mistakes from the 25th were corrected, unfortunately some mistakes carried on...

- Aristotle."

Last edited by kingofpain26 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Seen some at Wal-Mart a while ago. That pile of crap store still doesn't like to make any more money than they have to. They "could sell it because they're recalled". I quickly told her, "no it's because the department manager is a dumbass and doesn't read the box. They did it with just about every movie toyline the past 3 years and still haven't learned". She wasn't really crazy about me saying that, but I still didn't get any figures.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

I picked up Snakeeyes and Storm Shadow today at Target they had a few Breakers, a Zartan and a few the Neo-Vipers and Vipers left.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 pm 

It's hard for me to get mad at the reatailers... Walmart, Target, etc... there's no point in kicking the dog when he messes on the carpet; it's just a dumb animal.
I blame Hasbro.
I'd like to send Hasbro a letter, telling them that the consumer's 'street date' is August 15th... then convince every person in North America to not buy a single Joe Movie item until then. Then watch as Hasbro's balls start to sweat as their merch quickly piles up in every store in the country.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])