Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Corps figures have hit retail (All new figures)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 am 

I wasn't a fan of the JvC figures generally speaking. I say generally speaking as i thought the tail end of the line seemed to have found the right balance between ARAH and a modern (i.e.non metal rivet) update with a very small handful of figures. The example of a good JvC figure that always comes to mind is this version of Low Light

and this figure:

The proportions (shoulder size, torso and leg length) were finally decent and it still looked like a toy. Also the torso was still one solid piece. That Low Light isn't the flashiest figure in the world with or without his gear but if it and figures that looked like it had been consistently sold at Dollar General, Walmart or other brick and mortar stores at $5 or less per figure w/ 2 accessories i think that would have been a good value. When i look at the new Corps! figures i feel the same. Sometimes you don't have to reinvent a winning formula so much as make slight modifications.

I'm already looking forward to the inevitable "repaints" of Shrapnel down the line. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go to a local store and buy a few masked and helmeted cannon fodder troops to be pummelled by your MU or Joes?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:35 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
Yeah....I really need to see the price point . They look good enough to me but my requirements with regard to 1:18th scale figures may be less stringent than some.

chad_ghost wrote:
One of the things that I noticed recently is how much GI Joe product that we got during the JvC era. It was carried in multiple stores, had accompanying cartoons and storyline, and sold much better than the modern figures. They weren't as collector friendly as the new figures, but where are the modern figures now?

The CORPS! may feel like JvC era figures, but with their new product and attempt a backstory, these are still on the shelves, and from what I can ascertain, selling well enough for new product to be made.

Even the character bios seem to have more thought put into them than GI Joe as of late. Look back at the movie and recent TRU releases. One of the best thing about Joe were the filecards; the CORPS! bios are a little cheesy, but I'm interested in them. That's more than I can say about Hasbro's current offering.

Suntzu wrote:
I wasn't a fan of the JvC figures generally speaking. I say generally speaking as i thought the tail end of the line seemed to have found the right balance between ARAH and a modern (i.e.non metal rivet) update with a very small handful of figures. The example of a good JvC figure that always comes to mind is this version of Low Light

The proportions (shoulder size, torso and leg length) were finally decent and it still looked like a toy. Also the torso was still one solid piece. That Low Light isn't the flashiest figure in the world with or without his gear but if it and figures that looked like it had been consistently sold at Dollar General, Walmart or other brick and mortar stores at $5 or less per figure w/ 2 accessories i think that would have been a good value. When i look at the new Corps! figures i feel the same. Sometimes you don't have to reinvent a winning formula so much as make slight modifications.

I'm already looking forward to the inevitable "repaints" of Shrapnel down the line. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go to a local store and buy a few masked and helmeted cannon fodder troops to be pummelled by your MU or Joes?

I agree with all of this. There are some treasures in the GvC, newsculpt, VvV, Spytroops, or whatever its called. Most of my "joeverse" collection and customs are newsculpt. The new Corps stuff looks fun and I'm really glad they are moving past the t-crotch figures. I will buy these new style figures when I see them because I'm sure the 3 packs will still come in under 10 bucks. I wish they had included these new style with the Kong tie in and I hope they make it to my local store.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm 

Just a heads up, if anyone needs fodder. The three packs with the females were clearanced at WalMart tonight for 2 bucks. I hope this means the new stuff will be arriving before Christmas.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:19 pm 

$2!? The female figures alone are worth more than that whether as is or as fodder. Dammit...the good deals never reach my area heh.

Nice score (assuming you picked some up ).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:37 pm 

i'd buy them for that! we went to small Walmart today (winona ms) and they (3packs)were regular price. I did buy 2 $260 pellet rifles on clearance for $54 each though!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
$2!? The female figures alone are worth more than that whether as is or as fodder. Dammit...the good deals never reach my area heh.

Nice score (assuming you picked some up ).

Yeah thats what I figured and if I don't butcher them for customs, my son gets them for his G JIE Joe box and the bathtub.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 pm 

alleyviperelite wrote:
Suntzu wrote:
Yeah....I really need to see the price point . They look good enough to me but my requirements with regard to 1:18th scale figures may be less stringent than some.

chad_ghost wrote:
One of the things that I noticed recently is how much GI Joe product that we got during the JvC era. It was carried in multiple stores, had accompanying cartoons and storyline, and sold much better than the modern figures. They weren't as collector friendly as the new figures, but where are the modern figures now?

The CORPS! may feel like JvC era figures, but with their new product and attempt a backstory, these are still on the shelves, and from what I can ascertain, selling well enough for new product to be made.

Even the character bios seem to have more thought put into them than GI Joe as of late. Look back at the movie and recent TRU releases. One of the best thing about Joe were the filecards; the CORPS! bios are a little cheesy, but I'm interested in them. That's more than I can say about Hasbro's current offering.

Suntzu wrote:

I agree with all of this. There are some treasures in the GvC, newsculpt, VvV, Spytroops, or whatever its called. Most of my "joeverse" collection and customs are newsculpt. The new Corps stuff looks fun and I'm really glad they are moving past the t-crotch figures. I will buy these new style figures when I see them because I'm sure the 3 packs will still come in under 10 bucks. I wish they had included these new style with the Kong tie in and I hope they make it to my local store.

All of this in spades. The great tragedy of the new sculpt era is that Hasbro pulled the plug just as the actual product became something special. If we had been getting figures on par with the two you pictured and vehicles like the R.H.I.N.O. and DTC H.I.S.S. rather than poorly made Tonka trucks with joe logos slapped on them, I really believe the Joe renaissance would have had more legs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:41 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

I can't argue with you there. I don't miss the O-ring and its breaking after a harsh glance in some figures, but I didn't mind the torso construction of O-ring figures at all. Once they started getting the proportion down and came up with the improved, rivetless arms, I was happy with them. In fact, that Covergirl is still my Covergirl. She fits in just fine with the current figures, even if she uses a different construction. These new The Corps! figures, even though they have the pins in the arms it appears, will be a nice gap fill since we're not getting any new Joe stuff.

I like Marauder and other 3P figure lines, but for customizing, that can get expensive. These new offerings from Lanard can be a nice starting point for a lot of customs, I'm hoping. I just wish they would do more of a blank torso and use harnesses and vests to cover them up and add detail, instead of relying on paint apps to make them look different.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:07 pm 

FYI there are disassembled pictures (I.E. the torso of the new corps! figure El Jefe has been unscrewed and opened ) of the new Lanard figures showing the internal torso design available on the new Corps! forum and on Facebook.

It's what any long time 1/18th collector would expect and will make customizing relatively easy. Unscrew , open torso halves and swap parts as you please .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:22 pm 
JC Podcaster

Lanard is producing toys for the new "Rampage" movie. The creatures look AWESOME but as with the "Kong: Skull Island" line, all of the human figures, vehicles and other gear is recycled from "The Corps!".

I would have attached pics, but they were too big.

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm 

I like the smaller wolf and gator instead of the larger ones, but that's more the movie's look rather than what Lanard's done with the figures.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

In for the wolf for sure.... Ragnarok villains need their Fenris.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:19 pm 
JC Podcaster

My current purchase plans for this line:

6 large Lizzies
4 large Ralphs
1 large George (maybe)
6 small Ralphs
2 small Lizzies (if they were articulated or came with better stuff the number would be higher)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:01 am 

I'll definitely track these down. I wanted the Kong but the lack of articulation turned me off of those. I wish they had the new figures though, got my son the robot monkey set for Christmas from Ollie's and didn't even realize it had the new style figure. Awesome figure with good sculpting and detail, modern style articulation, and a back screw!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:10 pm 
Plug
Plug

Looks like their doing a Dwayne Johnson figure too. The head is a decent likeness, but that body, yeesh.
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=30361

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 54  Next

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])