Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Exclusive FIRST look at the 2017 Corps!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 am 

Darko wrote:
DanOfTheDead wrote:
Could be the fact that they're offering large, interesting vehicles, have gotten into the movie tie-in business, and are actually offering new product this year.

With the lack of new Joe product, I think there's plenty of room for Corps fans to share their excitement over here.

I'll take customizing fodder where I can get it.

Excitement is great, and I share it, it's the...sponsored...vibe of some of these posts. Like, I we all love GI Joe, but I don't see tons of posts going on like, "Check out this EXCLUSIVE look at Hasbro's exciting new amazing line up of products, available at local retailers everywhere! With all of these NEW and FANTASTIC products, 2017 is shaping up to be the most exciting year yet for HASBRO GI JOE fans! Keep your eyes peeled for new and exciting announcements in the near future! This is definitely how human beings naturally talk to one another! I'm a normal fan!"

The thing is, if they'd just fess up to being paid shills, that would be a lot more interesting, and I have a feeling people would welcome an inside perspective. But don't treat us like we're idiots.

Attachments:
File comment: This topic isn't sponsored, I actually started this Lanard thread, as a way for both fans and collectors of the brand have a way to share information and news, I don't understand the sponsored shillings that you are throwing around, But I do try to conduct myself in a professional manner here, so I will take it as a compliment. And in case anyone would like to know the 8 new figures were sculpted by the four horsemen ( of motu fame). And according to Lanard the price point for the figures will be the same, in case anyone was wanting to know. If past planograms are any indication that means 3 packs, single packs, and perhaps some other variations as walmart will be the EXCLUSIVE carrier here in the U.S.
tmp_25025-03020171448161531565017.jpg
tmp_25025-03020171448161531565017.jpg [ 78.08 KiB | Viewed 1754 times ]
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: New Corps figures have hit retail (All new figures)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:43 am 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

I think the fact that even your comments come with a promo attached are kind of what's being referenced, but to each their own. No rules against it. Just may not be getting the response you're looking for.

Also, are there images of the new 8 figures anywhere that are a) full sized, and b) not obscured by the other ten figures I've been seeing for the last 5 years?

EDIT: and what's with the prior two posts? I hope that was glitchy and that you weren't just bumping yourself to the top of the next page?

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:30 pm 

When did Hasbro come out with an "exciting new amazing line up of products"? I think it was in the 80's.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:31 pm 

Frankly, I wouldn't even care if someone from Lanard *was* posting on here. It would be nice to have a conduit to the companies whose products we buy. Hasbro won't even get close enough to do Q&As any more. (Save for a handful during various SDCC/ToyFairs/Etc). Mattel has a better relationship with collectors, but at least in my case, they don't make anything I want.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 pm 

I just saw some of the new 3 packs with old figures. Oh and ONE new figure. Don't get too excited as that new figure is really crappy. No leg articulation at all. Might as well just buy the 2 pack with figures that retain articulation instead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:50 am 

Goldbug wrote:
I just saw some of the new 3 packs with old figures. Oh and ONE new figure. Don't get too excited as that new figure is really crappy. No leg articulation at all. Might as well just buy the 2 pack with figures that retain articulation instead.

Are you speaking of the new male figures with ball jointed hips that aren't supposed to be released in stores for another 3 months? If so can you link to that image (unless you saw them in store)?

Last edited by Suntzu on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 am 

As I have tried to explain myself and andrew put together a board Exclusively for Lanard, and one our board Lanard's team does post, and we have a lot of respect for joe based sites, but myself and andrew felt that the Corps! Deserved a proper outlet for news, and reliable intel, as up till now we have had to piggyback info. No one is being paid, but I am in contact with several of Lanard's team. From design, art, and both myself and andrew have shared here as well as several other boards images, news, and EXCLUSIVE images from those contacts ( with permission). We hope as CORPS fans and collectors you will bookmark us and join.

We will keep the news coming and if you get pics from our boards please put a link to where you got the photos. I digitally have the above coded and don't mind it shared, but please include the original link as it is our EXCLUSIVE.

http://thecorpsfanshq.proboards.com/thr ... 2017-corps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:15 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
Goldbug wrote:

Are you speaking of the new male figures with ball jointed hips that aren't supposed to be released in stores for another 3 months? If so can you link to that image (unless you saw them in store)? To my knowledge the 8 new male figures haven't been released yet (and won't until Spring) and the only image of them that is available thus far is this one:

6 new figures are shown. 2 haven't been revealed. All 6 shown have full articulation (including ball jointed hips) .

I saw it in the store.
No none of the "new" male figures. It was a repack of Puma, one male figure with old waist articulation I forget which and the same figure that comes with King Kong. The one that is basically a statue. That is their new 3 pack configuration.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:52 am 

Hey guys

Firstly, Im sorry if I double posted about the new figures reveal, I had no idea samsallspark had posted it already.
Secondly, Myself and samsallspark are definitely not being paid by Lanard to post stuff!! LOL
I know samsallspark is a big Corps fan and I have quickly become one as well for a couple of reasons...

a) I can afford to buy them! lol (toys are very expensive in South Africa and considered a luxury purchase, plus GI Joe is nowhere to be seen in stores)
b) My kid loves them and they are hardy toys that stand up to a lot of play
c) The design team behind the Corps at the moment are passionate about the brand and are doing their best to improve the Corps both in articulation, offerings and even in story! And as a professional creative that resonates with me.

As we all know the Corps has always been considered a Joe "knock-off" and there hasn't really been a place for fans of the brand to really engage in a central location like a website or forum etc and most Corps fans have to piggyback on GI Joe forums.

So that's why I created the Corps Fans HQ forums and both samsallspark and I have managed to reach out to Lanard on occasion for info and such on the brand although most times they are quite tight lipped for logistical reasons and such. So you can understand the excitement when we do get info to reveal to the Corps community.

Anyhoo as for the new figures, the image on the forum is the only image released so far of the new guys in full prototype form. I am trying to get some close ups but I'd imagine that's something Lanard would want to reveal themselves. Also don't expect to see them until later this year.

As for "new" packs that are out now, those are still packs using the older figure styles and the new females and the godawful 3 POA figs. I hate those, which is a shame because the sculpting and characters are great!!

Does this clear things up?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am 

We have our first look at a full digital sculpt of new character Smoke. Im wondering when we will see an actual prototype or production figure...

http://thecorpsfanshq.proboards.com/thr ... rollTo=910

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 pm 

These are going to be awesome. What you want to make a bet that for quite a while we will have to buy at least 1 crappy figure with every good figure. LOL

They have stated a date for them to be on shelves possibly as early as July but definitely before Christmas. I assume that means they probably already have real prototypes.

Attachments:
16683901_1439872719397263_2900016525745503090_n.jpg
16683901_1439872719397263_2900016525745503090_n.jpg [ 62.49 KiB | Viewed 1462 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:14 pm 

Not sure how well they will be painted from the factory. However, it looks like some nice details there that can make these figures really pop as far as customizing goes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:21 pm 

how you like that Gameboy on his belt?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:46 pm 

I fear these new guys will suffer the same fate as most of the recent Corps figures where the back has no paint apps at all. :(

I think the painted prototypes are what we saw on that shelf display of figures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:52 pm 

If only they still had back screws.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 54  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])