Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Corps figures have hit retail (All new figures)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

No new 2-packs around here, but I did see some new vehicles. Well, newly deco'd anyway.

And here's a close-up of the new Plague guy . . .

Same body as the Nick Fury looking guy.

The standard Corps helicopter has a new deco as well, but it's nothing special and I've never liked the copter, so I didn't take any pics of it. Nothing new on any of the package backs either.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I thought that tank was a hovercraft for a second. It looked like the tracks were a solid skirt instead of tracks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 pm 

Now if only my walmart would get these in....I see a LOT of Custom potential there!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 pm 
LOVES Mattel

Ooooh, I like those new vehicle decos.

Too bad that stuff will never show up in my area.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 pm 
Snake Milker

Redmao wrote:
Yellow ninjas?
Any pictures out there?

On the first page, Jman's pics, I am referring to the Yellow and black guy in the corner, blonde, with the goggles. On the package, he, the samurai and the guy with the goofy Rayden head are all some new martial arts unit. i will try to get pics, but someone will probably find them before I do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:23 pm 

Am I alone in wanting to troopbuild the vehicles (The New Villians are just Screaming Red Shadows)!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 pm 

*sigh* That is the same tank they had when I was a kid. I think it's time to retire that thing and make a new one. Whatever happened to their old patrol boat/hovercraft thing? I think it was Corps (may have been Remco, possibly?), but it was a pretty nicely sized vehicle, with a nice, realistic gray color scheme. It was such a good substitute for our wrecked Whale. They need to put that thing back out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:15 pm 

Marasai wrote:
*sigh* That is the same tank they had when I was a kid. I think it's time to retire that thing and make a new one. Whatever happened to their old patrol boat/hovercraft thing? I think it was Corps (may have been Remco, possibly?), but it was a pretty nicely sized vehicle, with a nice, realistic gray color scheme. It was such a good substitute for our wrecked Whale. They need to put that thing back out.

There was a patrol boat, a huey cobra style chopper and a few other vehicles that haven't been seen for a few years, but give them time, SYFY announced that a Corps movie will be featured on SYFY, (Funny how we got a Joe film and now they're doing a direct to t.v. movie). Lanard has always been an interesting joelike company, but one things for sure, they know how to reuse a mold and make it look fresh and cool. (The Tank and Boat will expand my Red Shadows Motor Pool).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:58 pm 

samsallspark wrote:

Here's a Tower assortment (notice that there are slight changes in contents) including a sound weapon.

I got similar set to this one two years ago. no tower, but it had the shark and tethered mine....which is what I wanted. the mine is awesome......I plan to do a small dio (maybe with a J-man background) of either Eels emplacing it, or Torp deactivating it. course I have to order the background first......

Back on subject, i picked up a two pack today....they had all three of the new two packs, but I only got one. all the faces are detailed, nicely sculpted with great apps.....but they look somewhat...stretched? if that is the right word (why the long face?) and they all seem to have somewhat "smug/quirky" facial expressions to me.

Am I the only one that thinks this? of course, now that I am thinking about it, maybe this is lanard typical lately...

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 pm 

Tsunami wrote:
samsallspark wrote:

Here's a Tower assortment (notice that there are slight changes in contents) including a sound weapon.

I got similar set to this one two years ago. no tower, but it had the shark and tethered mine....which is what I wanted. the mine is awesome......I plan to do a small dio (maybe with a J-man background) of either Eels emplacing it, or Torp deactivating it. course I have to order the background first......

Back on subject, i picked up a two pack today....they had all three of the new two packs, but I only got one. all the faces are detailed, nicely sculpted with great apps.....but they look somewhat...stretched? if that is the right word (why the long face?) and they all seem to have somewhat "smug/quirky" facial expressions to me.

Am I the only one that thinks this? of course, now that I am thinking about it, maybe this is lanard typical lately...

If you haven't opened them can you snap a pic of the new 2 packs?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:18 pm 

samsallspark wrote:
If you haven't opened them can you snap a pic of the new 2 packs?

Too late.
I am actually disappointed in these. their sculpting (legs particularly) seem odd or cramped. the "working holster is fail too...reminiscent of the early T-crothch Joes in 2001 or so. As much as I was excited, now I am not. Still for 3 bucks I have two new heads that will go on bodies this weekend...maybe even on a rebel pilot body? the blades will be perfect for a Razor Claw custom.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 am 

For those who had anything bad to say about the new tank......it could have been way worse....remember this?

So yes, Lanard has come a long way, since the neon....(IMO).

Attachments:
imgCAYL2PC9.jpg
imgCAYL2PC9.jpg [ 24.32 KiB | Viewed 34639 times ]
imgCA4J50DI.jpg
imgCA4J50DI.jpg [ 23.77 KiB | Viewed 34639 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:30 pm 
Snake Staked

samsallspark wrote:
For those who had anything bad to say about the new tank......it could have been way worse....remember this?

So yes, Lanard has come a long way, since the neon....(IMO).

actually I LOVE that tank. In fact, it's the only version of that tank that I adore. Why? Well, the paintjob is awesome but most importantly, this is the only version that I know of that comes with all its accessories. The new ones are missing pretty much everything. I'd love to get my hands on one of those but I'm sure it would be ultra expensive.

https://www.facebook.com/hamhattan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:36 am 

I've been hearing that more single boxed figures with gear have been spotted, has anyone here found anything else?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:26 pm 

i just saw those shinobi ninjas at meijer today for the first time and was sooo impressed with them. i dont collect corps figures but i did buy one of the tower sets recently just for the tower and barbed wire stuff and am very pleased with the price and quality of the display/dio items. the leg artic is what gets me though cus as we all know they used to be pretty much exactly the same as o ring joes. i was so tempted to buy the set just for the ninjas especially the one with the "bloodrayne" style arm blades that is slick. the 3 reasons i didnt buy them is first because of the leg artic as i mentioned i have ideas on how to swap the legs but do i really want to....also because of the extra figs that i had less interest in...lastly is money....i have money and could have bought them but today is my bachelor party and every ten bucks counts when ur drunk and putting money in naked girls undies.........hehe....play with joe knock offs or play with jiggly girlies........hmmmm tough choice but sorry joes.....not even if u were real joes with good artic lol......but i will probly pick up the shinobi set asap.......after the wedding coming up next week just gotta get through the expensive stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])