Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I'll end up getting them. I'm a sucker for these sort of figures. I keep saying I gotta stop due to no room left but then I always buckle and get more! These do look cool.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:30 pm 

J_Man wrote:
I'll end up getting them. I'm a sucker for these sort of figures. I keep saying I gotta stop due to no room left but then I always buckle and get more! These do look cool.

You have a whole other house for your toys!!! Quit complaining about not having room. ;-)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:45 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
J_Man wrote:

You have a whole other house for your toys!!! Quit complaining about not having room. ;-)

Yeah and it's full, haha. Ask ZombieGuide, he saw it. It's a little better than it was a year ago, but I still gotta move out all the old Marvel stuff and everything else that I no longer want.

Post subject: Re: UniMax's upcoming Crysis 2 line
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:04 pm 

I'm hoping these hit Target here in PA, like really soon, awesome pics AV and THANKS.

I am soooooo army building the mechs.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:55 am 

Oh the things one can do with those Cell Troopers...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm 
HATES Mattel

Picked up the Nanosuit 2.0 Jake "Nomad" Somethingsomethinglastname fig today. I was expecting to regret getting him, truth be told; and while I plan to parts him out for customs, I think he'll afford some really keen bits here and there. Since this is how I treat at least 80% of my stuff, please don't think I'm talking down about Nomad because of this.

While I think his proportions are kinda wonky (and even more so on Alcatraz, the Nanosuit 1.0 guy), he's otherwise a really nice fig. The only bad things I don't like are that his head is too small, and his abs and thighs too big. I gives him a really chunky look. It's this that causes me to want to parts him out, as the individual pieces of him are individually quite nice; they just don't come together in a heroic-proportioned fig as I'd prefer.

As to the good; his sculpting detail is *very* nicely done. Frankly, the CELL Trooper is somewhat softly molded, like ice cream that's been on the counter for a few minutes. But Nomad is sharper than a lot of the IM2 figs, which are pretty dang nice in their own right.

Nomad's built mostly like a Joe fig, differing only in the supra-bicep swivel and hinge elbow, the lack of a second knee joint, and the lack of the supra-ankle swivel. While I bet his torso internals are more like the IM2 figs, it adds up to more of a Joe fig homage due to the hips and 2-part, screw-together thighs.

He comes with a pistol, a quasi M-16, a new type of rifle, and a tripoded quasi M-60. There's better pistols in Joedom, but the other three weapons are pretty nice, esp the M-60 with the removable ammo box and the 2part tripod.

Here, look at some pics:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:34 pm 

I saw these all over the Chicagoland area. I was going to get one of the Trooper guys, thinking they were dirt cheap(cause of the older Army guys prices), but I put him back when I saw the $8 price tag. I wanted him for all his gear, so I can't afford to spend that much on some custom fodder. They do look nice and reminded me of a cross between old Joes and new Joes.

I'm not sure about the creepy alien things. But then again, I didn't look at them too much. If I get any late giftcards or something, maybe I'll get the trooper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 pm 
HATES Mattel

Screw the CELL trooper, frankly. Get a Shock Trooper if you just want that type of fig. A dollar cheaper and $10 cooler in every category. The humans are decent figs; but the aliens are the real stars of the line. If you don't want the aliens, then maybe one of the nanosuit guys might make ya happy; but the CELL is outclassed in every way by the Shock.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm 

Hmm...that tripod-mounted weapon looks like those automated guns in Aliens. I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing these in person so I can get a better gauge of their value as custom fodder.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 pm 

SteamPunk Michael wrote:
I saw these all over the Chicagoland area. I was going to get one of the Trooper guys, thinking they were dirt cheap(cause of the older Army guys prices), but I put him back when I saw the $8 price tag. I wanted him for all his gear, so I can't afford to spend that much on some custom fodder. They do look nice and reminded me of a cross between old Joes and new Joes.

I'm not sure about the creepy alien things. But then again, I didn't look at them too much. If I get any late giftcards or something, maybe I'll get the trooper.

I think and IMHO everything from these figures, especially the Human ones has great uses from them, the weapons will look great with Joes/Cobras and custom figures, i don't see any left overs, aside from the heads, but they are cool.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 pm 

Man, how cool would it be if these guys had the HALO license instead of Mcfarlane?!

I just picked the humans up today (not interested in the aliens) and they are 100% grade-A badass! And I love all the cool gear they come with. Wow, I'm impressed. Great job Unimax! The only nitpick I have is they all suffer from pinhead syndrome, but otherwise they look so cool.

So, how is everyone going to be using them? I can't see them as Joes, more like Cobras or Iron Grenadiers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:57 pm 

I'd like to just be able to buy them. Four Targets in my area and not one of them even has tags for these. And only two of those Targets have any of wave 3 of POC (none have Shock Troopers). Where exactly are these figures supposed to be located? Are they on an end cap? Are they near the Joes? And what's the DCPI?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:39 pm 
HATES Mattel

Can't tell you the DCPI as they're still not listed in the computer at the store I got mine from (got the $1 cheaper price of Joes, woot woot!), but they're in the main action figs aisle. Across from the IM2 section, between the Ben 10 and UniMax's Bravo Force stuff, on 2 upper pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:02 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yeah I got to hit a Target today and they didn't have these. I scored Star Wars Quinlan Vos finally, but not these. It looked like they had a section ready for them but i guess didn't get the stock yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:07 am 

Here's what a guy at HT posted as the DCPI # 087-06-1372 for the ones he bought.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])