Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: UniMax's upcoming Crysis 2 line
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 pm 

I picked up the CELL Trooper today, and I am most impressed. Don't really know much about the concept, but the figure looked cool, and appears to be entirely in scale and reasonably similar in many design aspects to 25th-style G.I. Joes.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:59 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I saw the shelf tags for these today, but nonoe of them hanging on the pegs. They're slow to get the stock here. Lots of clearances but nothing really worth getting. Most of it is only at 30% off still. I'm keeping an eye on the Target exclusive pack with the 9 figures. There are a lot of them left and with luck they'll hang around long enough to get a good markdown.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
While I think his proportions are kinda wonky (and even more so on Alcatraz, the Nanosuit 1.0 guy), he's otherwise a really nice fig. The only bad things I don't like are that his head is too small, and his abs and thighs too big. I gives him a really chunky look. It's this that causes me to want to parts him out, as the individual pieces of him are individually quite nice; they just don't come together in a heroic-proportioned fig as I'd prefer.
That's pretty much how he's supposed to look. They seemed to have followed the character model rather closely.

On a side note, Nomad is wearing Nanosuit 1. Alcatraz is in Nanosuit 2, at least, according to what I've read.

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Nomad's built mostly like a Joe fig, differing only in the supra-bicep swivel and hinge elbow, the lack of a second knee joint, and the lack of the supra-ankle swivel. While I bet his torso internals are more like the IM2 figs, it adds up to more of a Joe fig homage due to the hips and 2-part, screw-together thighs.
Do the knees swivel? I'm curious.

~Nostalgia Critic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:59 am 
HATES Mattel

Plastic Yank wrote:
[They seemed to have followed the character model rather closely. Do the knees swivel? I'm curious.

Kudos to UniMax for authenticity, then; but "Boo, hiss" to Crysis for making him a fat bastard.

And no, no swivel joints anywhere in the leg.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 am 

These look kinda cool. Like Lord Zed in black or something.

eBay Auctions for GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, WWE, DC & Marvel figures

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 am 

PaidLoad wrote:
These look kinda cool. Like Lord Zed in black or something.

THANK YOU! I knew those Nanosuits reminded me of SOMEbody...!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 pm 
HATES Mattel

I was thinking Jason X in Space, myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Kudos to UniMax for authenticity, then; but "Boo, hiss" to Crysis for making him a fat bastard.
I kinda like the look; it's weird and eye-catching and not quite like anything else (nor is it a "fat bastard", at least compared to how bulked-out Nanosuit 2 and the USMC Nanosuits are). ;-)

AdrienVeidt wrote:
And no, no swivel joints anywhere in the leg.
Bleh. Oh well...

~Nostalgia Critic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:12 pm 

Well, here's a basic structural/articulation review of the CELL Soldier:

Head appears to be on a ball and socket joint. Movement is limited because it appears to be attached to a piece that also attaches to the backpack, but movement is at least intended.

Arms have good forward, backward, and outward movement. There's a swivel feature below the shoulder that works well with the design. Standard elbow articulation. Wrists rotate.

Mid-torso articulation which actually looks okay on this figure because of the design. It's a little loose, but I think this is largely due to the figure being rather top-heavy because of a fairly large, attached backpack.

Legs are extremely similar to G.I. Joe in basic design. He even has leg screws! very agreeable forward, backward, and outward movement. Standard knee movement. No double-joints anywhere on the figure, thank God. Ankles are also articulated.

Overall, I'm impressed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 pm 
JC Podcaster

I snagged the 3 aliens and really like them. I doubt I'll get the humans (wouldn't mind getting the sick tripod guns from them though...), but at least the line gave us some cool alien baddies :)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 pm 

GITrekker wrote:

Head appears to be on a ball and socket joint. Movement is limited because it appears to be attached to a piece that also attaches to the backpack, but movement is at least intended.

Arms have good forward, backward, and outward movement. There's a swivel feature below the shoulder that works well with the design. Standard elbow articulation. Wrists rotate.

Mid-torso articulation which actually looks okay on this figure because of the design. It's a little loose, but I think this is largely due to the figure being rather top-heavy because of a fairly large, attached backpack.

Legs are extremely similar to G.I. Joe in basic design. He even has leg screws! very agreeable forward, backward, and outward movement. Standard knee movement. No double-joints anywhere on the figure, thank God. Ankles are also articulated.

Overall, I'm impressed!

Now I really, really hope they turn up on the shelves down here in NZ.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 pm 

Yeah, these seem cool. I've seen them a few times on my east coast extravaganza in Tampa and Damascus. Couldn't justify spending any more money, though. If money wasn't an issue, woulda bought the entire line. They look very fun and cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:36 pm 

Well, I've managed to get Nomad and two of the aliens. I 've gotta say though, I do not like the arms on the aliens. Well, the Heavy's are fine since the guns actually at least point forward. The Grunt cannot be placed in anything resembling a decent shooting pose as a result of his odd arm design. I really wish they'd have just made the arms segmented like Bandai had done on their MSIA aquatic mechs. Nomad on the other hand I like I a lot. He can even hold those GI Joe FN-2000s and the TAR-21 in a convincing two-handed shooting pose.

I noticed though that the packages have a brand label on them called "Game Stars." I wonder if this means we may be seeing more game-based toys beyond just Crysis 2? I'd love a Modern Warfare line, or a Mass Effect line. Dare I say it, even a Metal Gear line.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 am 

DrSyn wrote:
GITrekker wrote:

Overall, I'm impressed!

Now I really, really hope they turn up on the shelves down here in NZ.

Heck, these guys aren't THAT heavy as far as shipping is concerned, I don't think. Someone should be able to supply you if they don't arrive locally.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:47 am 

Marasai wrote:
I noticed though that the packages have a brand label on them called "Game Stars." I wonder if this means we may be seeing more game-based toys beyond just Crysis 2? I'd love a Modern Warfare line, or a Mass Effect line. Dare I say it, even a Metal Gear line.

I could go to my grave, content if a company came to their senses and made 1/18 figures of videogame characters. Call of Duty is a no-brainer, MGS is just begging to be used. Endless possibilities. More parts for customs too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])