Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm 
LOVES Mattel

Wow, those monsters look like the diabolical love children of The Fallen and General Grievous.

Awesome.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: UniMax's upcoming Crysis 2 line
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 pm 

Goldbug wrote:
ogre_h wrote:
Ooh. I love Crysis!
Anyone know what the articluation is like on these guys?

Same as their Forces of Valor line I assumed.

Or you could, I don't know, look at the images?

Each human figure clearly has a neck joint of some sort, a waist joint- not an ab crunch, arms articulated like the Super Hero Showdown line, ball jointed hips with single jointed knees and ankle joints like PTE figures have.
The aliens all look to have fully joint legs with ball jointed hips (yay), but can't tell about the arms. Maybe bendy? Probably not. The humans look like they may use the long T-bar that their earlier Target line used. Hopefully these figures function better than those ones did though. Those figures sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

You're thinking of Bbi's Target line with the long T-Bar. These are the first figures from Unimax with Joe style hips. I like these, but unless I see them at local retail, I won't be picking them up, since any I bought would be for parts. So, I hope they find a retailer for them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 am 

Wow those look great. Problem is, I have sooo many toys that I really can't justify picking up "extras" from other lines to add diversity to my collection anymore, as cool as these look. If I see them, I will grab the robots, but Im not really interested in the first three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:56 pm 

Saw at HissTank, these have been found at Target for $7.99, didn't bother to look when I got POC wave 3 today.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:23 pm 

That was fast putting them out early, i didn't see anything new at 3 Different Target stores in 2 days of X-Mas shopping.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:32 am 

if these are out then, why hasn't anyone taken any pics of the figures yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:48 pm 
HATES Mattel

Found these at Target today, picked up four of the six in the line, leaving the Alcatraz and Nomad nanosuit guys behind because they were the least interesting to me and I hadda pick up some PoC wave 3 figs as well.

Brief thoughts: I'm happy I got them, I hope UniMax keeps getting properties like this and I hope they continue to improve their game.

Pics and more verbiage:
Yeah, yeah; I cut the top of his head off. Sue me. If you want professional type skills, boy are you in the wrong place. Anyway, this is the C.E.L.L. trooper, the basic grunt of the human side in the Crysis games. The CELL has good functional articulation, decent sculpting, and a nice wad of gear; but while he's not a horrible fig by any means and lots better than stuff currently on the market, he's an easy pass especially in light of the COBRA ShockViper also out there to get. He comes with a pistol, an SMG, a 2-piece tripod grenade launcher, an explosives package, and what I'm assuming is the detonator. He's got ball shoulders, hips, torso, and neck; hinge elbows, knees, and ankles; and swivel wrists. The backpack does *not* come off, and the head's a tad small for my tastes (altho I'm finding that true of most 18th lines in general, so YMMV). While I didn't get them to be able to confirm, the nanosuit guys look comparable in articulation and both come with a passel of weapons.

Here's Colonial Marine Duke with the 3 baddies, the Stalker, Grunt, and Heavy:

They all have pretty much the same articulation engineering, as seen here with the Stalker (I lost one of the tendrils already, stuffing him in my pocket to carry over to my pic-taking place). The Stalker and Grunt have ball shoulders with the Heavy having only swivels; and all have ball hips, with very wide ranges of movement. They all have hinge knees and toepad joints, no ankle joints. They all have swivel wrists and ball necks, with the Heavy technically having a ball right wrist, but the bulk of him doesn't allow lots of movement.

And a fun pic:

My biggest dis-satisfaction is the lack of torso joints on the baddies. If they'd have had them, I would be overjoyed to get multiples of them. As they don't, I foresee my getting a set of spare RevolTech joints to bash in there. Also, while I don't think we could seriously expect them to put bendie-wire tentacles in for the arms, I'll likely use the SM2 Doc Ock tentacles I've had sitting here doing nothing to give the Stalker and Grunt some better arms, and use some IM2 Mini-Monger arms for the Heavy. The purist in me wishes they'd have gotten ankle joints as well, but their legs are really very nicely articulated and can get by without them. The Heavy also comes with some thigh armor, but they fall off as easily as the Rhino's armor does and I don't feel the need to keep them as they bump up against the lower torso is some poses.

If you're gonna get just one to give them a taste, I'd recommend any of the aliens over the humans, and the Heavy over the other two baddies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:21 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

What did they set you back?

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:04 pm 
HATES Mattel

They weren't in the computer, so I got them at the same $6.99 I got the Joes for; but my understanding is that they're $7.99.

A couple other issues of note: the back tendrils are nice and rubbery, so your dumb kids won't put their eye out and more importatnly they won't break off easily. The Grunt also technically has a ball right wrist, but the bulk of it prevents anything more than a swivel motion.

Already got the Doc Ock tentacles bashed into the Stalker, and put a Mini-Monger ankle in for the abs. Gonna look for some way to add in some ankle hinges, and will probably paint the flesh tones black or some other nonhuman skin color.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:16 pm 

They where 7.99 here, I picked up Alcatraz and C.E.L.L. trooper. Really great figures, I like them. The Alcatraz nanosuit figure came with the lower torso on backwards so I had to fix that. Luckily I was able to rotate the upper torso and unscrew the legs and put them back on correctly. The weapons are awesome, and the ammo box on the grenade machine gun is removable. The shells are painted to look like brass as well.

The C.E.L.L. guy came with some kind of SAW and the grenade machine gun. The Nanosuit figure came with an AT missle that looks like an RPG 9? or a new panzerschreck, a battle rifle that looks like a futuristic M14, what looks like an XM8 and some type of magazine fed semi-auto shotgun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:58 am 

I like the looks of the Cell Trooper. I looked for them at the two nearest Targets today, but found nothing. For those that have it, is the alien Grunt at least able to get into something of a decent shooting pose with the way its arms are designed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 am 

yep saw them today 7.99 at target, I like the humanoid ones but didn't get any

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:19 am 
HATES Mattel

Marasai wrote:
For those that have it, is the alien Grunt at least able to get into something of a decent shooting pose with the way its arms are designed?

It has the same ball shoulders the Stalker has, so it can point the right hand gun straight forward; if that's what you're talking about. It's more of an old West gunslinger's pose than a straight-arm pointing pose, tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:27 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I like the Nomad ones. I thought I might get one to use as what the Neo-Vipers should have been. Heavily muscled and completely bad ass troops.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])