Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The GIJCC and Possible Suspicious Credit Card Activity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 am 

The Club website was down this evening

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 am 

J_Man wrote:
They're going to screw theirself out of business. If they keep playing like it's not their fault and end up in a lawsuit, I could see Hasbro yanking any association with them to save face. The best they can do now is come forward and tell people what happened so we can do what we need to do.

Not to defend them at all because that's not my job, but what if they don't know what happened? Given how tech-tarded they appear to be, it is entirely possible they have no idea how this happened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:48 am 

Top Dollar wrote:
The card I used to order a subscription when Big Lob was the free figure just got hit. It was $1600 at some auto parts store. It didn't make it through and the cc bank caught it because they tried to use an old expiration date the card had at one time. Which makes sense because I probably ordered the sub when that was the expiration date for the card.

This is why I never use the debit card tied to me checking for online purchases. At least a large charge on my cc won't bankrupt me.

How did you even find that out? My last purchase was from back then, too, and I used a card that has expired. I don't think I'd ever find out from my bank, and that worries me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 am 
I'd buy that for a dollar!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

ajaman wrote:
Top Dollar wrote:
The card I used to order a subscription when Big Lob was the free figure just got hit. It was $1600 at some auto parts store. It didn't make it through and the cc bank caught it because they tried to use an old expiration date the card had at one time. Which makes sense because I probably ordered the sub when that was the expiration date for the card.

This is why I never use the debit card tied to me checking for online purchases. At least a large charge on my cc won't bankrupt me.

How did you even find that out? My last purchase was from back then, too, and I used a card that has expired. I don't think I'd ever find out from my bank, and that worries me.

My credit card company had shut the card down so to speak and tried to call me. I hadn't had a chance to talk to them yet but my wife called them when she tried to use it because it was declined. The cc company informed her they would issue a new card number and exp. date but the old one was compromised.

The card I used back then still had the same number, just a different expiration date. If I were you, l would just make sure the account is closed for that particular card or let the bank/lender know what happened. I only use this one card for purchases so fortunately this will be the only one I have to deal with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:06 pm 

Mysterious Stranger wrote:

Not to defend them at all because that's not my job, but what if they don't know what happened? Given how tech-tarded they appear to be, it is entirely possible they have no idea how this happened.

This may be the truth, but fact is that it's been a week or even 2 since this first surfaced, and yet they kept taking orders like nothing was wrong - and that info no doubt went straight to the hackers.

Rule #1 of being compromised. As soon as you catch wind of it - SHUT THE SYSTEM DOWN.

That's what the CC companies do, and that's why MC should have done. They've done so now (2 weeks later) but the fact that they were aware of the problem for so long yet did not shut the system down (plugging the whole) opens them up to a negligence suit.

*edit* Actually it seems this started with the TF Club members back in the last week of JANUARY. That means they continued to run "business as usual" for almost a FULL MONTH before taking the systems offline.

Bad news.

G.I. Joe is a superior film to Transformers in every way. It is, hands down, the most action packed movie of the summer. Any kid who hates the movie should be taken out back and beaten with a two by four because I can't imagine any kid not liking this

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 pm 
Snake Staked

Their website and store system is so antiquated it's no surprise that it was hacked. The only surprise is that it didn't happen earlier. I think it's high time they either get with the program and update their system or hire someone who knows what the hell they're doing to do it for them.

Post subject: The GIJCC and Possible Suspicious Credit Card Activity
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:00 am 
Hi, beav. Playing cards?
Hi, beav. Playing cards?

I'd suggest a letter-writing campaign to Hasbro stating it is unacceptable for one of their officially recognised clubs to have this issue and to respond to it in such a lackadaisical manner.

Ignore the man behind the curtain...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 pm 

beav wrote:
I'd suggest a letter-writing campaign to Hasbro stating it is unacceptable for one of their officially recognised clubs to have this issue and to respond to it in such a lackadaisical manner.

This...

I agree 100% with this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm 

I think letters should be written to Hasbro as well. I think I saw somewhere on a TF board that someone had already drawn one up.

G.I. Joe is a superior film to Transformers in every way. It is, hands down, the most action packed movie of the summer. Any kid who hates the movie should be taken out back and beaten with a two by four because I can't imagine any kid not liking this

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:31 pm 
Plug
Plug

...or add Hasbro as a party to the class action law suit. That might get their attention. :shifty:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm 

On their facebook page:

Quote:
Has the credit card problem been the REAL reason the FSS hasn't started?

G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Yes.

So wait - that means they've know about this issue for FAR longer than originally thought.

They are just going from bad to worse with this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm 
General Pittance Contributor
General Pittance Contributor

After all this credit payment mess, that FSS dead before it arrives, no one is going to trust it's safe to subscribe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:16 pm 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

Saw this on the TFW2005 Board:

Quote:
i had fraudulent charges on my card too...

its sad and funny when the credit card representative says:

"Is this the transformers club problem?"

It's pathetic and hilarious all at the same time, it's patherious.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

so, i used my card to re-up my membership recently (like 2/2) and haven't been hit yet... (hear that, karma?)

but i feel like i need to change my card anyway .... is it just a bomb waiting to go off?

suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm 

joemichaels70 wrote:
so, i used my card to re-up my membership recently (like 2/2) and haven't been hit yet... (hear that, karma?)

but i feel like i need to change my card anyway .... is it just a bomb waiting to go off?

suggestions?

proactive > reactive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])