Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The GIJCC and Possible Suspicious Credit Card Activity
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 pm 
DarkJedi'd

joemichaels70 wrote:
Ooooo. The club should offer pre-paid credit cards. for sale. at the officer level. through their website.

:tictoc:

Can I pay for it with my credit card? :rolleyes:

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 pm 
Exploding Man Peter

The club's posted a statement tonight on this.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/ccinfo.cfm

Quote:
Tuesday 21 February 2012 | 10:26 PM

We do take information on all customers having an issue with their card so if you did have unauthorized charges on the card, please reply with the following information:

1. Please send the EXACT name of merchant as it is written on your statement for the fraudulent charges.
2. Amount and date of suspect charge.
3. Bank your card is drawn on and if it is a debit or credit card.
4. Device and browser (and version) you used for your last payment with us before you saw a fraudulent charge (ie, android phone, computer, iphone, browser and version).
5. Were you on a public computer? If private, is any wi-fi on the network password protected?
6. Were you on a public wi-fi network?
7. If you were at home or work, what internet provider did you use?
8. On your last transaction with us, did you receive any kind of error message (card declined, 404 error, programming type error). If you did receive an error, how many times did you resubmit your information?
9. Charges listed(name and date) on your credit card in last 6 months.
10. When have you used your card with us, date, item(s), amount in the last 6 months.

It is very difficult to track credit card fraud. With your help, we can see if there are any parallels between those reporting an issue.

In order to better protect yourself, here are some guidelines (most of you already know these but it always helps to be reminded):

Never log into a secure site from a public computer, public wi-fi, or through android/windows phones. Only use your mobile device on a mobile app for transactions, never a browser. Turn off your bluetooth and wi-fi to prevent people from hacking your credit card information from your phone/computer.

If you have a card that has an rfid chip, make sure your card is shielded when not in use.

Always make sure you are using a secure socket (https://) for any login that requires a password or a monetary transaction.

Never email your credit card information to anyone.

As should be common practice, on a regular basis, be sure to check your statements and make note of any suspicious activity on your card. If you see an unauthorized charge turn it in to your bank or card company, the charge will be reversed, they will issue a new card for you and the security system in place will have done its job.

Please also take the time to read the attached articles on CC security. We are very aware that security concerns have risen exponentially in the last couple years and we are doing our part to stay ahead of the curve. We value our members greatly and we don't want anyone to have any problems. Together we can combat these modern day issues that affect all of us.

Forbes article on security.

Consumer Reports article on security.

New York Times article on Mobile Apps phone security.

This was basically the same statement they gave the Transformer club members days ago. The club is sure getting to the bottom of this. :roll:

Considering they are way too many people who have had their credit card information stolen after playing for a Fun Publication service and club continues to blame the customer for this, the club will not receive my business any more. I can't trust them anymore. Putting your head in the sand and hoping for this blow over does not cut it.

This problem is clearly from their end. But they won't admit this, much like a person who causes a car accident.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 am 

Pete The Greek wrote:
The club's posted a statement tonight on this.
---

This was basically the same statement they gave the Transformer club members days ago. The club is sure getting to the bottom of this. :roll:

Considering they are way too many people who have had their credit card information stolen after playing for a Fun Publication service and club continues to blame the customer for this, the club will not receive my business any more. I can't trust them anymore. Putting your head in the sand and hoping for this blow over does not cut it.

This problem is clearly from their end. But they won't admit this, much like a person who causes a car accident.

Indeed it has to be their end if people with phone orders are getting hit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 am 

Someone should contact the Dallas media and have them look into it....

Quote:
All*
of your transactions are in a secure socket with the strongest encryption*(as of the 1980's just like our website)
available to any site on the web.

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 am 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

Goldbug wrote:

I missed this and am too busy to look it up -- where did you see that phone orders were getting hit?

i thought it was all website-based?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 am 

joemichaels70 wrote:
Goldbug wrote:

I missed this and am too busy to look it up -- where did you see that phone orders were getting hit?

i thought it was all website-based?

On http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/vi ... 1&start=12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 am 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

They really need to get out in front of this and address what is going on. For them to turn a blind eye and then expect people to shell out $300+ for con registrations in the next few weeks is a recipe for disaster. The ill will is really building, and when longtime members are saying they have doubts about renewing it needs to get taken seriously, not ignored.

Anybody seen what the mood is over on the Transformer sites?

Edit: Nevermind, the 130 page thread on TFW2005 got me all of the info I needed on this. wow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm 

Joeczar wrote:
They really need to get out in front of this and address what is going on. For them to turn a blind eye and then expect people to shell out $300+ for con registrations in the next few weeks is a recipe for disaster. The ill will is really building, and when longtime members are saying they have doubts about renewing it needs to get taken seriously, not ignored.

Anybody seen what the mood is over on the Transformer sites?

Edit: Nevermind, the 130 page thread on TFW2005 got me all of the info I needed on this. wow.

Yeah, they mad. I haven't been a victim of this, but it still bothers me a lot. Plenty of people on here have better functioning websites and stores, that can apparently be trusted more with information than a site that makes way, way more money out of this hobby than any of those individuals. How does that make any sense? They should be able to afford to upgrade and have things safe, secure, and even easy to use--none of which they cane apparently handle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm 

I just had to go through a fraud issue with my debit card (unrelated to the Club) and I'm not willing to risk it and go through all that hassle again. The Club will just have to do without my membership for the time being. I missed out on Dial-tone last year and missing out of Footloose this year won't be so bad. I'm not going to the convention but I'm not sure I want someone to risk their info to pick stuff up a box set for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 pm 
I'd buy that for a dollar!

The card I used to order a subscription when Big Lob was the free figure just got hit. It was $1600 at some auto parts store. It didn't make it through and the cc bank caught it because they tried to use an old expiration date the card had at one time. Which makes sense because I probably ordered the sub when that was the expiration date for the card.

This is why I never use the debit card tied to me checking for online purchases. At least a large charge on my cc won't bankrupt me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

That they're using info from that far back is more than a little worrisome to me. I haven't bought anything from the club since the Adventure Team sets and I was hoping I was in the clear. Guess I'll have to start watching my cards now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 pm 

Sounds almost like the club put the stuff on paper and they threw them away and someone came across the info and is selling the card #'s....or a inside job...

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 pm 

I'm pretty pissed about this. I use that card for several recurring charges like cell phone and cable every month in order to get the points. Now I have to update all of those accounts. Not cool.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

They're going to screw theirself out of business. If they keep playing like it's not their fault and end up in a lawsuit, I could see Hasbro yanking any association with them to save face. The best they can do now is come forward and tell people what happened so we can do what we need to do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 pm 

I think those who have been hit should also file a complaint with BBB.org.
http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/business- ... -15207875/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])