Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paperblox playsets
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:26 pm 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

Just came across this site selling something they are calling paperblox. Evidently you print them off and build playlets out of them. The space station looks interesting, but what caught my eye was the update on something called the GI Joe Military Command Base, should be worth checking it out.

http://www.sherryloutoys.com/

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Paperblox playsets
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 pm 

Someone had a site with similar things a few years ago. It was mostly backdrops for figures. They had a bunch for GIJoe. They were kind of neat but ultimately just took up a lot of space.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:29 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

FireFox91 wrote:
Someone had a site with similar things a few years ago. It was mostly backdrops for figures. They had a bunch for GIJoe. They were kind of neat but ultimately just took up a lot of space.

Don't know if you mean the stuff I do... :shifty:

But yeah there are a couple of sites like this one around. Several offer free downloads. The only downside is requiring a good inkjet printer and material better than paper to really get it looking amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:28 am 

FireFox91 wrote:

I think you mean Diodrama. I got a few from them. They were quite nice. I am pretty sure they went out of business. I still have 8 of them on file, if anyone is interested. Most would fit into an email attachment.

I bought the Sc-Fi Paperbox playset PDF. Maybe it was the way I printed them out, but they seem a bit small. Going to try it again using full page print.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:15 am 

J_Man wrote:
FireFox91 wrote:

Don't know if you mean the stuff I do... :shifty:

No, it was the print and do it yourself stuff. Diorama was the place I was thinking of. You print this stuff on card stock but ultimately it still collapses on itself and the ink colors fade after time. So it just takes up space.

Your stuff is solid material so it lasts. I have one of your Cobra Missile Bases. Still one of the cooler items in my collection. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am 

I think that the best way to print these kind of set would be on 14pt stock.
Then you'd get a pretty solid playset.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 am 

I got this program off ebay and currently building a three story command center using both the paperblox and foam board. The blox themselves are pretty sturdy and customizers can get that modular base with a little creativity.Yes card stock is the best way to build them. I will be on the lookout for the GI Joe Command Center that they mention on their website. I will either get off their site or if they offer it on ebay.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 pm 

Joeczar wrote:
Just came across this site selling something they are calling paperblox. Evidently you print them off and build playlets out of them. The space station looks interesting, but what caught my eye was the update on something called the GI Joe Military Command Base, should be worth checking it out.

http://www.sherryloutoys.com/

Thanks for posting this. I love the late 70's early 80's Sci-Fi look the Space Station has going on not to mention the use of Micronauts and Voltron pilots in some of the example pictures.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])