Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody FOUND those Dollar General Joes yet?
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:03 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

When I get to talk to the person I know again more about it, I'll see what she knows. I know I had her run the numbers before these figures came out and the first time she didn't find anything. By the time she told me they were in the system, I had already found them in store. So that sort of tells you that information is slow and when it happens it's pretty well immediate.

I figure if stuff still shows up, there's probably nothing to worry about. I got a list of things to get for people and the store close to me has been restocking these every Friday. If they have them again this Friday, I don't see any reason not to think there won't be even more. Which of course I have a list long enough to cover a couple of weeks worth... still don't know why they won't get more than 1 case at a time.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:33 pm 

Okay, as of today, with a little help from a friend (who has a car), I was able to check every Dollar General store in Tucson -- the three that are listed on their Web Site and a fourth one that we discovered along the way (and you'd think it would've been on their Web Site -- how'd that happen?!)

And -- struck out thoroughly. NO Joes. Not even shelf space.

At this point, I'm asking for help. I'm interested in everybody except Duke, and wouldn't mind two of the Cobra Trooper. As a point of information, I'm always more concerned about the condition of the figure than the package, since I'll be opening them anyway. In other words, if the paint job is neater than the card, I pick the figure with the neater paint job. :)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. PM me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:16 am 

Check ALL over the store. I checked what I believed to be the only toy aisle, then found them tucked away on an end cap with some clearance toys. They're putting them whereever in some cases...keep walking around some. I almost gave up, but now Duke has shot dead my Cobra Trooper at least a dozen times on my desk.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 pm 

Macrossmaster wrote:
Check ALL over the store. I checked what I believed to be the only toy aisle, then found them tucked away on an end cap with some clearance toys. They're putting them whereever in some cases...keep walking around some. I almost gave up, but now Duke has shot dead my Cobra Trooper at least a dozen times on my desk.

Believe me, this was done. I had a friend with me and we gave all four stores very thorough searches, including the clearance area you mentioned. Still came up empty. :-(

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm 

DG recall Update:
After a busy week at the fire station, I finally got to go to the local DG myself. I spoke with Linda, the Manager, (my wife's friend is only an Asst Manager I found out) myself in regards to the recall that they received. They did receive a recall notice on a pallet that did contain GI Joe toys. HOWEVER, the recall was due to the pallet sustaining damage in transit, and several boxes of Joe toys were crushed, along with some Corps figures, large Power Rangers, and Batman figures. The recall was from their distribution warehouse, NOT Hasbro! The Joe toys were a few of the new sculpt o-ring figures, and the small Joe combat heroes. They were told not to put them on the shelf and return for replacements. There were NONE of the new Joe single cards in the recall! They unfortunately did not receive any more of the new figures in as of the last shipment delivery. I wanted to get this clarified for everyone that is still in search of these figures. KEEP LOOKING!! If anyone is able to, please forward this info to General'sJoes to update his site as well.
Thanks,
Rescuer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

Found them today in Des Moines. Picked up Shipwreck, Snake Eyes, and the Cobra Trooper. Never though I'd find them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:43 pm 

Have these just evaporated from every DG in the country? I'm still trying to find them. Any assistance is appreciated. :-( :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am 

GITrekker wrote:
Have these just evaporated from every DG in the country? I'm still trying to find them. Any assistance is appreciated. :-( :-)

The one DG told me they are in transit. The last truck didn't have them on board. Maybe this week? I think that may be the case for a lot of stores.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I found a few last week, but not a good restock. I've still got a list I'm working on filling that'll keep me checking for weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 am 

Found Cobra Commander and Shipwreck. Still looking. Probably buy any and all I can find even though I only need SE and SS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 am 

Goldbug wrote:
GITrekker wrote:

The one DG told me they are in transit. The last truck didn't have them on board. Maybe this week? I think that may be the case for a lot of stores.

That's the case with my closest store (I've missed them at most of the others) when I checked with the manager just last night.

She's gone from suck to blow!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:36 pm 

GITrekker wrote:

For now, it seems so. I've been to almost twenty DGs this week for work, and I found one Shipwreck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 pm 

Seems like they went from DG to Ebay. :shifty:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 am 

Any sightings of the repaints yet within the states? Are they going to be at DG too? or a different chain all together?

momaw nadon

My Brawlingness
or to view and/or leave Brawlingness click feedback button below

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am 
Plug
Plug

Redmao wrote:
Seems like they went from DG to Ebay. :shifty:
That is where I went to get mine. Sad, but checking out of the way DG's every week wasn't good for my health. Between Dollar General and Retaliation Figures, I did more toy runs in the last half of May then I've done in the past five years combined.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])