Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Renegades TV Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:59 pm 

I just watched an episode of Renegades. I can't for the life of me understand how that show doesn't survive. It's right up there with Transformers:Prime which I also think is extremely well done and entertaining. There were so many more characters from that show I would have loved to see as figures. Not to mention the vehicles. I guess these kids today just don't appreciate GI Joe enough.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Renegades TV Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 pm 

Welcome to the club, brother. Lamentations begin at seven.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 pm 
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast

It didn't survive do to hasbro not wanting two different Joe properties out at the same time if I recall correctly. Which would then show that hasbro assumes fans of its show would confuse the show and the movie and somehow become unsatisfied with GI Joe and thus not buy their toys and what have you.

Sort of like how people that buy sigma six wouldn't if 3 3/4 joes existed.

it makes no sense at all. especially when you look at the epic blunder the joe sequel launch has been. If Renegades season 2 was on air during these months hasbro could probably justify having joes on shelves at this time, which would most likely have meant getting some of that sweet 30th and renegades stuff shown at last years con.

but yeah, it was a great show. here's hoping someone had the foresight to keep those animators and voice actors in their Rolodex. I assume hasbro top brass use Rolodexes since all of their ideas are fairly antiquated.

Team Red Lazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:37 pm 

danielb wrote:
but yeah, it was a great show. here's hoping someone had the foresight to keep those animators and voice actors in their Rolodex. I assume hasbro top brass use Rolodexes since all of their ideas are fairly antiquated.

Haha, I hope they bring it back too. If it wasn't because of poor ratings or toy sales and was as you said, maybe there is hope down the line. It translates into toys so much better than the movies do as well.

Dusty79 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm 
LOVES Mattel

What poor toy sales could there have been? The show ran its course before any toys hit the shelves!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 pm 

They should have made a Renegades Baroness for this line.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 pm 
LOVES Mattel

JBYRDD wrote:
They should have made a Renegades Baroness for this line.

At the very LEAST, to round out the core cast, Baroness, Roadblock and Bio-Vipers.
And vehicles. Especially the Coyote.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:41 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

I recently watched Ren, Reso, Sig6 and Sunbow all within a weekend (not all Sunbow mind you). And each brings their own kind of awesome and not as awesome to the table, but for the most part, they're all good. The characters are all recognizable, and each series tells the Joe story in it's own way. I won't say DiC is bad, but it was dumbed down a bit from the Sunbow series, but still not horrible and introduced us to a whole new cast of characters.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 pm 
LOVES Mattel

I liked the DiC episode where Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes team up to stop Night Creeper Leader from using an ultimate sword of ultimate power. Sunbow didn't have ninja-centric episodes like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm 
Snake Staked

I don't think it's a problem with Hasbro not wanting two Joe properties on the shelves at once as it is retailers. Retailers don't have much faith in GIJoe as it is. Do you really expect them to give equal space to two separate lines? Hasbro's not stupid. If they could sell twice as much product, they would. At the same time thought, they don't want to have to split their focus between it and the movie either. Whether the movie were delayed or not, Renegades product would undoubtedly have ended at the same time the 30th line did. Remember though that the delay of the movie was not Hasbro's plan. They were caught off guard just as much as us. There really wasn't anything they could do. Paramount just screwed them there. The fate of the Renegades show doesn't really have much to do with the toys though. Hasbro just didn't expect it to be as popular as it was. They gave up on the show before it even aired which was poor judgement on their part. I think the delay in getting toys based on it into the line was a mistake too. Having the show air and the figures on the shelves at the same time might have helped inject some more life into the line. I get what they were wanting to do, but I think it was still a mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 pm 

Pyre wrote:
I don't think it's a problem with Hasbro not wanting two Joe properties on the shelves at once as it is retailers. Retailers don't have much faith in GIJoe as it is. Do you really expect them to give equal space to two separate lines? Hasbro's not stupid. If they could sell twice as much product, they would. At the same time thought, they don't want to have to split their focus between it and the movie either. Whether the movie were delayed or not, Renegades product would undoubtedly have ended at the same time the 30th line did. Remember though that the delay of the movie was not Hasbro's plan. They were caught off guard just as much as us. There really wasn't anything they could do. Paramount just screwed them there. The fate of the Renegades show doesn't really have much to do with the toys though. Hasbro just didn't expect it to be as popular as it was. They gave up on the show before it even aired which was poor judgement on their part. I think the delay in getting toys based on it into the line was a mistake too. Having the show air and the figures on the shelves at the same time might have helped inject some more life into the line. I get what they were wanting to do, but I think it was still a mistake.

You make very good points. I hope after the movie toyline has run its course they decide to go back to Renegades and make another season. Probably wishful thinking.

Dusty79 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 am 

dude, you contradict yourself,

as is, i recall Hasbro saying something about this at some point, and it was posted pretty much everywhere on joe boards, I am sure it is still on here somewhere. someone with more time on their hands can feel free to go look it up. However since all statements about such things come from PR people the chances of it being a completely legit answer would be suspect either way.

as for hasbro being caught off guard by paramount, boo hoo. If you want to win a fight you plan, and you have back ups to those plans. How often have we seen hasbro product wind up at a discount chain store? Joe or otherwise it happens all the time. or how about all those marvel figures that suffered from poor distribution suddenly winding up in the walmart black friday packs? There is product out there, and really even if there isn't how hard would it be to take a poll and release maybe ten highly sought after figures all made form tooling they have during the down time? The day I am sad because a poor little corporation can't get their "LASER BLAST" together is a day that will never exist. The major toy companies are bleeding fans as fast as comics did in the late 90s. Kids are being relied on to carry lines, and it doesn't seem to be happening. Appease fanboys, don't talk down them, don;t throw bs at them, and they'd have a much easier time. Provide product, and they will buy it. even over priced product.

Team Red Lazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm 

danielb wrote:
dude, you contradict yourself,

as is, i recall Hasbro saying something about this at some point, and it was posted pretty much everywhere on joe boards, I am sure it is still on here somewhere. someone with more time on their hands can feel free to go look it up. However since all statements about such things come from PR people the chances of it being a completely legit answer would be suspect either way.

as for hasbro being caught off guard by paramount, boo hoo. If you want to win a fight you plan, and you have back ups to those plans. How often have we seen hasbro product wind up at a discount chain store? Joe or otherwise it happens all the time. or how about all those marvel figures that suffered from poor distribution suddenly winding up in the walmart black friday packs? There is product out there, and really even if there isn't how hard would it be to take a poll and release maybe ten highly sought after figures all made form tooling they have during the down time? The day I am sad because a poor little corporation can't get their _____ together is a day that will never exist. The major toy companies are bleeding fans as fast as comics did in the late 90s. Kids are being relied on to carry lines, and it doesn't seem to be happening. Appease fanboys, don't talk down them, don;t throw bs at them, and they'd have a much easier time. Provide product, and they will buy it. even over priced product.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm 
Snake Staked

Your understanding of toy production is sorely limited but obviously any attempts to correct that aren't going to make a difference to you anyway. I'm not going to get into an argument with you so you can stop trying to bait me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm 
Snake Staked

Dusty79 wrote:
You make very good points. I hope after the movie toyline has run its course they decide to go back to Renegades and make another season. Probably wishful thinking.

Unfortunately, you're right. We've already heard that Renegades is over and done with.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])