Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: GI Joe Battleground mobile device game
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm 
Plug
Plug

Attachment:
GI JOE BATTLEGROUND _logo.jpg
GI JOE BATTLEGROUND _logo.jpg [ 29.62 KiB | Viewed 5152 times ]

DeNa Press Release wrote:
DeNA Extends Agreement with Hasbro to Develop G.I. JOE: BATTLEGROUND and
Dungeons & Dragons Arena of War

SAN FRANCISCO – May 23, 2013 – Following the successful initiative with Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) on the release of TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS, DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) announced today it is collaborating with Hasbro on two new free-to-play mobile games tied to the company’s popular intellectual properties G.I. JOE and the Wizards of the Coast LLC. brand Dungeons & Dragons.

In G.I. JOE: BATTLEGROUND players lead and assemble teams of iconic G.I. JOE heroes and COBRA villains to battle against each other. Arena of War puts players in the Forgotten Realms for a battle roleplaying game that combines questing, character leveling, and small team collaboration with the most engaging mobile game mechanics on the market, such as in-game events and massive multiplayer competitions. Both mobile games are being developed and published by DeNA and they will be available on the company’s Mobage™ mobile social games platform later this year for Android, iPhone and iPad devices.

“Dungeons & Dragons and G.I. JOE are legendary IPs that have permeated popular culture,” said Clive Downie, CEO for DeNA West. “Both properties offer our development teams unique opportunities to create fun, interactive entertainment experiences that we believe will appeal to the franchises’ dedicated fan bases as well as casual mobile game players.”

“DeNA brings an unprecedented amount of experience integrating social elements with immersive mobile gameplay, which is a natural fit for the expansion of the G.I. JOE and Dungeons & Dragons brands on mobile devices,” said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President of Digital Gaming at Hasbro.

To pre-register for G.I. JOE: BATTLEGROUND and receive a free exclusive in-game STORM SHADOW collectible character to join your team, please enter your email address on the game’s website: http://www.gijoebattleground.com

Upgrade your character with a free Ultra Rare Power when you pre-register for Arena of War. To earn this exclusive offer, and to be alerted via email as soon as the game is available for free download, please visit: http://www.dndarenaofwar.com

Assets are available to download via this link: https://www.yousendit.com/download/WFJY ... RTM0WjlVag

About DeNA
DeNA Co., Ltd. is a global leader in mobile Internet services focused on social games and e-commerce. DeNA operates the Mobage platform, which offers freemium mobile social games developed by DeNA and third-party developers on multiple user networks localized for the West, Japan, Greater China and Korea. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and development studios in 10 countries and regions. DeNA is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com

About Mobage
The Mobage social games network and platform hosts over 80 first-party and third-party games that are available on the Apple App Store™ and Google Play™. Mobage features chart-topping apps including Rage of Bahamut, Blood Brothers® and Ninja Royale®, casual games such as Zombie Farm® and Tiny Tower, licensed intellectual properties such as Marvel: War of Heroes, and core games such as HellFire and Warriors of Odin. Mobage also hosts mobile social games in other languages via separate regional networks. Mobage offers developers access to a suite of features to enhance their development environment, including a payment API, production and marketing support and analytics tools. To learn more about Mobage, visit: http://mobage.com. For developers interested in publishing opportunities on Mobage, please visit: https://developer.mobage.com

About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company dedicated to fulfilling the fundamental need for play for children and families through the creative expression of the Company’s world class brand portfolio, including TRANSFORMERS, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, MY LITTLE PONY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF and LITTLEST PET SHOP. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative play and entertainment experiences, in a variety of forms and formats, anytime and anywhere. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for more than 170 markets around the world, and for the U.S. on Hub Network, part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com.

About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards' players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, and KAIJUDO. Wizards is also a publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at http://www.wizards.com.

Mobage is a registered trademark of DeNA Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Apple, and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. All other marks and names are trademarks of their respective companies.

Attachment:
GI JOE BATTLEGROUND duke.jpg
GI JOE BATTLEGROUND duke.jpg [ 53.3 KiB | Viewed 5152 times ]
Attachment:
GI JOE BATTLEGROUND cobra_commander.jpg
GI JOE BATTLEGROUND cobra_commander.jpg [ 44.44 KiB | Viewed 5152 times ]

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: GI Joe Battleground mobile device game
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:06 pm 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

Did Cobra Commander lose some weight? His clothes are looking a wee bit baggy, especially the pants.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 pm 
Strong Fat Tongue

Signed up

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:15 pm 
General Pittance Contributor
General Pittance Contributor

oooooooh!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Signed up for it, and just got TF: Legends. I collect the TF toys, but don't keep up on TF news, so it was new to me! Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:44 pm 

Signed up.
I hope it'll work on my old 4GS...

Since they own both property, I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't released a line of GIJoe D20 RPG books, miniatures and tabletop war games. You'd think it would be obvious.

They could even do some cross branding and include a gaming miniature with the matching action figure. Why not even include a code to get the character in a virtual game as well.

Nah, too ambitious...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm 
Plug
Plug

Redmao wrote:
Signed up.
I hope it'll work on my old 4GS...

Since they own both property, I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't released a line of GIJoe D20 RPG books, miniatures and tabletop war games. You'd think it would be obvious.

They could even do some cross branding and include a gaming miniature with the matching action figure. Why not even include a code to get the character in a virtual game as well.

Nah, too ambitious...

When I originally saw the email, I thought that was what the announcement was going to be for.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:37 pm 

Sounds cool. I have been playing the Transformers game recently. It's fun but loses luster after a while. I imagine this will be the same. But it's free so I can't really complain.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 pm 

Signed up and downloaded the Transformers game. That's pretty cool, if anyone wants to add me search for toy-nutz

Rock Sugar
Because Pop Rocks!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:38 am 

Holy cow, finally... have to get this if its available for android...

several games are using the same concept lately... Transformers Legends, Marvel War of Heroes... Zynga's Ayakashi Ghost Guild, War of the Fallen...

definitely will try the joe game...

and oh, shameless plug, if somebody else wants to try playing Ayakashi Ghost Guild, please do PM me for the introduction code (I'd like to avoid posting it here). Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm 

Really not any useful info as to what the game will be like. But hell, it's free I suppose.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:00 pm 

Lance Sputnik wrote:
Really not any useful info as to what the game will be like. But hell, it's free I suppose.

Assuming since its also from Mobage, it would be much like Transformers Legends.

It's a virtual collectible card game. Cards are rated 1 star to 7 stars on their rarity (rarest ones can only be bought with real cash).

Basically its a mission-based menu, you use XP to finish each level, where you get a random common card every 3 turns. After you finish some levels, you get to "click fight" against a boss.

Players would get a free booster pack of cards every single day, so you'd get numerous doubles, which you use the money you gained on finishing the levels, to "combine" similar cards, to have them level up.

You'd also have Attack and Defense points, which you can use to fight card battles with fellow players.

Players' use up XP, ATK and DEF points, and then wait some time to play again. Usually its regaining +1XP/ATK/DEF per minute. As of now, I have to wait 2 full hours to get back my full XP/ATK/DEF powers back up.

Every other week or so, a special event will occur, that would enable you to get limited edition cards from the event.

The game is just mindless clicking of buttons, irregardless of level or difficulty of the stages... the only thing that's attracting me personally to these games is that:

(1) I absolutely love collecting collectible card games, even if this one's virtual, and would probably go zip when the next gaming technology comes around. :shifty:
(2) the art on the cards are so bad-ass.

Last edited by Mainframe on Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:07 pm 

Here are some screenshots from the Transformers Legends game (some care of tw2005):

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm 

Redmao wrote:

Nah, too ambitious...

not exactly too ambitious... these are already out in the market:

so it's not too far-fetched that Hasbro could do it too... all it takes it to include a gaming stand with 1:18 Joe toys.

Come to think of it, Hasbro, include a non-virtual collectible card on the 1:18 Joe toys too!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:20 am 

... It'll be a card game?!
There goes my interest then.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])