Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boss Fight Studio : Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. ongoing discuss
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:51 pm 

The kits are a bit random, but maybe they are to get tooling in place for later waves or figures without needed a full kickstarter.

A fully painted factory Anubis figure would be something I'd definitely be interested in.

I really liked the look of the time travelling team that was touted as a kickstarter, but that hasn't been mentioned for a while.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 pm 
Plug
Plug

Doctor Robert Strange wrote:
Gaigaan-Dnok wrote:
If it were a matter of not knowing what will sell well, why not just take pre-orders? They've done them before...

The more I read the "There's absolutely NO WAY to know what's going to sell" argument, the less water it holds. There are a lot of ways to gauge interest before rolling them out.

Just seems like a lack of imagination, honestly, to say there's no other way.

Puzzling mis-step for a company usually on their game. Star quarterback's trying to take the field with a basketball :shifty:
Blind bags sell really well in the toy world. This is something Lego, Imaginext, and Playmobil are already doing very successfully. And those are just the similar body type plus accessories ones that come to mind, never mind every single other blind bagged toy out there. What you see as a mis-step, may be more of you not seeing the whole field.

I don't know, I come at it from the customizing and baseball card world where you resort to buying, selling, and trading to get stuff you want. There are no chase kits to worry about, so like that would be the way to go if you want to remove the chance factor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

I'd wager the idea behind this is to get more 'fun' stuff into our hands, without having to wait for a full-on series or wave or full figure builds., etc.,

I'd also bet that if they're selling complete box sets with one of each kit in it they *will* be successful with this endeavor --

I'd also bet that if they are doing blind bag sales there will be a LOT of after-market sales and trading going on. (note to pluv: get the marketplace ready...)

I never knew I wanted a crawdad army. Until now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:06 pm 

pluv wrote:
Doctor Robert Strange wrote:
Gaigaan-Dnok wrote:
If it were a matter of not knowing what will sell well, why not just take pre-orders? They've done them before...

The more I read the "There's absolutely NO WAY to know what's going to sell" argument, the less water it holds. There are a lot of ways to gauge interest before rolling them out.

Just seems like a lack of imagination, honestly, to say there's no other way.

Puzzling mis-step for a company usually on their game. Star quarterback's trying to take the field with a basketball :shifty:
Blind bags sell really well in the toy world. This is something Lego, Imaginext, and Playmobil are already doing very successfully. And those are just the similar body type plus accessories ones that come to mind, never mind every single other blind bagged toy out there. What you see as a mis-step, may be more of you not seeing the whole field.

I don't know, I come at it from the customizing and baseball card world where you resort to buying, selling, and trading to get stuff you want. There are no chase kits to worry about, so like that would be the way to go if you want to remove the chance factor.

Never doubted the cash grab.

It's not a financial mis-step, per se. Any dummy can walk through Toys R Us and see that blind bags are the hot trend. LEGO, Playmobil, Mattel, Hasbro-- they all do it. These kits could financially ensure that we see a lot more cool original stuff without waiting on whole new lines. That's not lost on me.

I'm well-versed in blind bags, since they're a pretty cheap way to pick up Megabloks fodder, and, overall, I have a negative opinion of them. Growing up with "What You See Is What You Get," I don't really see the appeal with lines I seriously collect for my collection.

For the stuff I really want, I end up resorting to eBay. I mean, cool if you're a scalper or 3rd party reseller capitolizing off something not meant for them, but for me as a customizer? Hard sell.

More than maybe a lot of customizers working here, I'm already using blind bags as my source for custom fodder. Sometimes it's all I grab. Any time I've gone for specific parts/figures, I'm let down. The random figures I do get usually rot in my fodder bin for years.

Bossfight still wins because I'm going to track down the kits I want, since those sculpts are ridiculously dope... with whatever's left over after I buy Diaclones...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:44 am 

The more I'm seeing of the fantasy figures coming together, the more I'm liking.

One thing, though - does the head sculpts for the knight look too modern? They just don't seem to fit with the suit of armor, period-wise.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:01 am 
King of Daikaiju

Morian Miner wrote:
One thing, though - does the head sculpts for the knight look too modern? They just don't seem to fit with the suit of armor, period-wise.
That's how I feel about the goggles on the cave faerie.
Seem out of place and ruin an otherwise stellar figure, for me.

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 pm 

Trading after has been huge in all honesty. The grab-bags by Boss Fight have been wildly successful, and they even threw Kickstarter exclusives in their bags. I've scored nearly every exclusive from a grab-bag. Trading after has been helping many realize customs or complete other traded figures, even named ones.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 pm 
HATES Mattel

The problem with after-trading is that it already seems apparent that some kits will be far more popular than others, and many of those will be wanted for armybuilding. That's gonna leave many unable to accomplish said armybuilding due to the high prices those kits will garner.

Another issue with them being blindbagged is that you'll have to order a kit, wait until it arrives to find out which one it is, then order the Blank you want to put that kit on; doubling your shipping costs and wait time before you can scratch your itch.

Thirdly, I read that the Rats kit will come with both heads and both fur collars - but only one pair of hands. Will this hold true as well for the Crustaceans? This essentially wastes half of every kit, imho.

I just dunno that the labor they're saving from not having to track individual kits is worth the large amount of extra effort and ire that's being put on we customers. I dunno the price of a single kit, but I'd be surprised if knowing at least which kit I was getting if not the color wouldn't easily be worth another dollar to make it worth their effort to sort and track. Unless they do each kit as a wholly-separate production line, they're already gonna need to sort each kit's bits out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 pm 
JC Podcaster

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Thirdly, I read that the Rats kit will come with both heads and both fur collars - but only one pair of hands. Will this hold true as well for the Crustaceans? This essentially wastes half of every kit, imho.

Here is a breakdown of everything each kit comes with:

Attachment:
17155688_1795558593803277_5453035777074826626_n.jpg
17155688_1795558593803277_5453035777074826626_n.jpg [ 144.45 KiB | Viewed 1657 times ]

As you can see, the rodents come with 2 sets of hands, but the Crustaceans do not.

EDIT: After speaking with Dave Proctor about adding a second set of claws to the Crustaceans, he informed me that none of the sets come with parts to make 2 complete figures. So the Boxers nor the Rodents come with 2 sets of hands, only one pair of hands per bagged set.

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Last edited by The Spectre on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 am 
Plug
Plug

Grab Bags from series 1 are up in their store - https://boss-fight-studio-the-store.mys ... r-grab-bag

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:49 am 

About how much stuff is in each grab bag?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 pm 

You know who ruled the" blind bag"? Brick Warriors. Their blind bags were clear. No need to guess what you're getting.

In the interest of the opinions shared, it looks like a forgone conclusion that the kits will be what most folks will go for to guarantee getting at least one of the ones they want, even if it is not on the color of choice.

I also wonder given how we are months away from S2 preorder, and how huge the S1 boxes of grab bag bits are, will they make larger grab bags in the scratch and dent to unload as much of the S1 stuff in preparation for S2? Though it would be a shame if the S2 run has fewer discards and things to be sent back, good for production of course, but just custom chance passing.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:18 pm 

The last of the Greek series figures are live in the Boss Fight store. Eos Warrior and a couple more Gorgons.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm 
JC Podcaster

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
The last of the Greek series figures are live in the Boss Fight store. Eos Warrior and a couple more Gorgons.

I ordered one each of the last 2 Gorgons!

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:20 pm 

Damn, I need more money.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 72  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])