Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:10 am 

Hey Guys...I got word from another board that there was some Eagle Force talk going on over here so I thought I'd pop in. I'm not gonna got back and reply to other threads, cause I don't want to fill the forums with a bunch of quotes, but I'd be happy to answer any questions folks have moving forward. I'm glad to see some folks dig what we are doing.

I do want to offer up some context for our approach to Eagle Force and why we took the specific direction we did. When we decided we wanted to bring back Eagle Force, we made a conscious choice to not reimagine the line as a lot of relaunches do today. I’ve seen this done a million times and it very rarely works. If I’m gonna be honest I find it quite boring cause all you end up doing is rehashing the same story over and over again.

We aged the characters in real time because I thought it would be more interesting to tell a story about a bunch of respected war veterans who are just as relevant today as they were 30 years ago. When you look through the eyes of a 70 year old Captain Eagle he has a much more interesting story to tell then a 30 year old Captain Eagle. I’m more interested in that aspect of the characters than rebooting a line for the sake of a reboot. These characters came from some where, they had lives before Eagle Force and after the fall of R.I.O.T., I think that is an important story to tell.

I can understand the idea of fans wanting these characters to be timeless and appeal directly to the nostalgia of gold uniforms, but to me Eagle Force is SO MUCH more than that, it’s about honoring and respecting your heroes and leaving a legacy that stands for something. That’s the Eagle Force of today.

We’re trying to appeal to everyone, by offering something new, like new characters with character bios, while also appealing to fans of the original line with versions of our heroes in their gold outfits. As the line continues you’ll see that trend continue for sure. I wish we could have offered up more of the original characters initially and not have them as stretch goals, but as we are a small toy company we had to plan things in a way that got us funded faster. I’m looking forward to getting to those stretch goal characters as much as anyone.

I’m sorry if it’s not your thing, or it’s not nostalgic enough but I hope I can win you over as time goes on. I think if you give us a chance you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what we have planned for the future.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:47 pm 
Mr. Patience

I frankly like the aged up figures as I was not into the little gold guys in the first place.
I do this with all of the customs I make of 1970's action figures. I even change their outfits to reflect a more modern approach.

I didn't go in on this one because I'm saving money to do Dime Novels and don't have a need for more military guys.
But... looking at their price to figure ratio may not support it after all. As for some of my customizer friends the Gold Spray Paint thing rubbed some of them the wrong way.

I liked the Captain Action KS and sponsored that one and hope to support that more when or if you do future waves.

I wish you luck on the final days of your event.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:06 am 

Thanks gijoey! It's great to hear feedback...Sounds like what we were hoping was a funny riff on the Gold figures ended up pissing off a few folks. That's too bad as this was not our intent.

I hope we can get you interested as we move forward, we have some great stuff planned for the line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:24 pm 
DarkJedi'd

gijoey wrote:
But... looking at their price to figure ratio may not support it after all. As for some of my customizer friends the Gold Spray Paint thing rubbed some of them the wrong way.

Wait, is this customizers upset at a little paint rub? :-D

Offering the paint as a goal came off as a little condescending, no matter what the intent was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:15 pm 

DarkJedi wrote:
gijoey wrote:

Offering the paint as a goal came off as a little condescending, no matter what the intent was.

I can see it both ways.

A very real issue with both email (and PMs) and the internet is that the medium does not communicate tone or facial expressions.
It is very easy for any reader to apply a filter and for the humor to not go through as expected or intended.

I am pretty torn with the multiple KS offerings.
All in, just before Christmas is a lot for me, and it is truly a gamble. While it has the potential of paying off large, it also has the potential to be a sunk cost with minimal return (that is the nature of KS).

With that in mind, I will probably support with a single figure pledge (arctic riot) on this KS, and a similar small pledge on the Legends of the west. Plus maybe some add ons.
I like the idea of supporting the efforts, but I really have no budget or overriding nostalgia drive for all in on either.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:38 pm 
Mr. Patience

DarkJedi wrote:
gijoey wrote:

Paint rub is the enemy of the customizer. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:58 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

My response to people upset at the gold spray paint joke...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:06 pm 

Unless there is a ton of money dropped in the next couple days I think the Modern Zapper may be it for the stretch goals.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:53 pm 

i just dont know. call me francis if you wish but i was just strolling through the pledge levels thinking of getting something and i saw the $50 spray paint pledge and it still rubs me wrong way. combined with the fact i think half of the most interesting figures are still locked while a bunch of boring generic army builders are available. and i dont even know if i want the gold figures now because what good is two lone dudes in gold outfits. and im trying to save up to go all in on the western KS, which im afraid isnt going to reach most of its goals either judging from how this one is doing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:09 pm 

Im all in, but I have no preference on the gold figures. If it doesnt get to the modern Cat im just gonna find pick out another body to puth that head on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:35 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I'm posting all over trying to bring awareness of the kickstarter. There are plenty of people who still haven't seen it. I'm not going to ask those who have decided against it to back it, so no need to post. This is more for people who are backing it or thinking about it. There's Justin Bell and myself involved in this one too beyond Bill Murphy. We've just been trying to do something cool and help build what Bill has tried to offer. Justin's writing with the story and file cards has really created something great. The additional items such as a new Eagle Island, the comm stations, and the gliders were the contributions I had hope to beef up things even more.

If you have interest, it's only 2 days left and now's the time to jump in! It's going to be some great figures and lots of other stuff to come. With GIJoe's lesser offering this year and unknown where next year will go, Eagle Force is a fun fill in. So just a little extra encouragement for those who have considered backing. Dime Novel Legends will carry into November 12th, so you'll have plenty of time to grab what you want here and still get some cowboys too!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 am 

I just bought a few Jman. I really want to see the build on these.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Dusty79 wrote:
I just bought a few Jman. I really want to see the build on these.

Awesome! I appreciate the support in it. I only play a very small part and Justin too, but we're a part of it still! It's a fun line and Justin has a ton of story left to tell. There's still a lot more figures to go. What doesn't get made now will have to be figured out how to fit in later. I'll keep doing some playsets and stuff. Just more fun while we're all still not too old to enjoy it, hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 pm 

I had a few of the old ones, but I always wished they were Joe size. Now they are. My only wish is that these had came out 30 years earlier, when my parents could have paid for them instead of me having to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:48 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

josh.kestner wrote:
I had a few of the old ones, but I always wished they were Joe size. Now they are. My only wish is that these had came out 30 years earlier, when my parents could have paid for them instead of me having to.

QFT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])