Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 pm 

I went all in and the did the pick 10 plus extra heads so if it do t make it I will be out of a lot.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:16 pm 

Good News/Bad News:
KS EF Update:

October Update

Posted by Bill Murphy
Oct 19, 2019

Hey everyone,
Finally the Eagle has landed, we have recovered our tooling and I can be a bit more open with what’s been going on behind the scenes.

To start meet Tiandeng Liu.

This is the factory manager for both our Eagle Force and Larry Hama figures and is the reason we do not have our toys. This post will echo the post of Spero Toy’s AWOK line who is also using Tiandeng Liu to produce their line of action figures.
Tiandeng Liu has not been able to deliver on his commitments for completing either of our Eagle Force or Larry Hama projects. He has been paid to finalize production but currently takes anywhere from 7 to 15 days just to reply to our messages, oftentimes leaving us in the dark as to what is going on. It's important to understand this was not always the case. Throughout most of the process he was very responsive, completed the initial run of the AWOK line on time, and revised our tooling (which he recognized as his mistake) so we could scale up our figures to be proper 1/18th size.

However, once we paid him for production this all changed. Over the last year he started to drop the ball again and again. After we got our new Project Manager (Chris Gawrych, who currently also handles development and production for Four Horsemen Studios) and his local team on the ground involved, it seemed to get worse. He became even more closed off, refused to communicate, and wouldn’t move the project forward to meet our agreed upon timelines. It even got to the point where Tiandeng Liu would be hard pressed to commit to any specific deadlines. Spero Toys (as well as few other companies we know about) began to have similar challenges.
Currently we are taking the stand that Tiandeng Liu is holding our project, funds and property hostage. He has admitted that he has not completed the manufacturing for all the parts needed to complete final assembly. This has been confirmed by Chris's team as they have visited the assembly factory several times and found many figures 1/2 completed while the factory waits for the remaining parts to be delivered by Tiandeng Liu so the project can be finalized.

Although Tiandeng Liu has recently apologized for the delays, he has not been able to provide any updated images or timelines, only a new proposed delivery date of late January 2020. This of course if unacceptable but we have had little recourse as he has refused to return any funds we have paid him or turn over our tooling to Chris and his new factory. Over the last 8 weeks we have been trying to negotiate with him, including Chris's team visiting him in person on a few occasions. Three weeks ago he finally agreed to hand over the tooling, however he missed the initial date that was agreed upon, so we had a new target date of last Friday to pick up the tooling. I’m happy to report, we now finally have our tooling in hand.

This is a huge win for us, as we’ve basically been in hostage negotiations for over 2 months. Until last night he held our biggest asset, the steel tooling. I’ve had to be very careful how we navigated this situation, including not being vocal online or to our backers, because at any point Tiandeng Liu could easily damage our tooling and we’d not be able to recover anything. Just so everyone understands, the steel tooling is our most expensive asset and also the most volatile. We have 9 steel tools and any one of them can easily be damaged, by even something as minor as a key scratch. Now that we have the tooling I can be more open about where we stand.

What does this mean for the future of these projects? Recovering the tooling is a major 1st step to finally completing this project. Now that we have secured the tooling the plan is for Chris's team to test the tooling, finalize any remaining pieces that need to be manufactured and supply those to the assembly factory for final assembly and delivery. This all needs to be analyzed and negotiated with the assembly factory and logistically will take some time to figure out. Chris will be flying to China in early November to oversee this process. We'll keep in lock step with updates when we have them.

I know this is not the news anyone wants to hear. It’s a cluster and I have tried night and day, every day for the last 3 years to avoid this nightmare, but sadly these are the types of situations that can happen when working in China. I have lost a significant amount of personal funds, outside of the funds we raised on Kickstarter, and my business and reputation have been ruined by Tiandeng Liu. It’s not lost on me that this situation has impacted others who want to use Kickstarter as a platform, and for all of that I am truly sorry.

Tiandeng Liu has our funds and all we can do is try to take ownership over this situation as best we can to finalize the manufacturing and get our figures completed by the end of the year. We are also considering contacting the local authorities to report Tiandeng Liu, but we have been advised that at this stage this might not have an impact and could cause further delays.

For those of you who are contemplating a kickstarter and working with China, let this be a strong lesson that it can be a nightmare. No matter how much blood, sweat and tears you put into dotting the “i”s and crossing the “t”s, the factory holds all the cards.

I know many of you are passionate about Eagle Force and would like to see the line continue. As my business and reputation has now been ruined thanks to Tiandeng Liu, I more than likely will close Fresh Monkey Fiction, so I have been negotiating to pass this property to other creators who are interested in expanding/revising the line once we have delivered on the commitment to this kickstarter. More to follow on that in 2020.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:25 pm 

At least it’s something

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:00 am 
HATES Mattel

Tiendang got rekt, son.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:33 pm 

You hate to see it .....

As someone who has gone through a similar situation but was fortunate enough to avoid losses at the last possible moment my heart goes out to the guy. Despite cutting ties the companies lack of professionalism and reliability caused blowback briefly.

This is why I bought my own equipment. It's not feasible for everyone and you sure as hell aren't going to get the same production run quantities but you avoid the headaches / heartaches that come with dealing with holding foreign companies accountable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm 

I wish I was able to make my own body parts, heads I can cast bit no luck on parts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Hey everyone

The new factory was able to test the tooling..see images.
Attachment:
892BE298-8724-4AFF-BD96-8B5DD858B275.png
892BE298-8724-4AFF-BD96-8B5DD858B275.png [ 1.6 MIB | Viewed 3996 times ]

Attachment:
D11A4628-5B78-48F3-9272-0D790AA8C4E2.png
D11A4628-5B78-48F3-9272-0D790AA8C4E2.png [ 814.34 KiB | Viewed 3996 times ]

Attachment:
55B8977A-C732-49C2-8411-F5EF72BE62C8.png
55B8977A-C732-49C2-8411-F5EF72BE62C8.png [ 698.53 KiB | Viewed 3996 times ]

We can confirm that these tools are the latest tools and match the test shots we recived last yet. There was some minor damage to the arm tools so those are getting fixed right now.

We are still waiting on a list of un-manufactured parts from Tiandeng Liu. We know that 90% of the parts have been manufactured and are at the assembly factory. Without this list we are unable to determine what additional parts need to be manufactured to finalize & completely deliver all needed parts to the assembly factory.

We contiune to reach out to Tiandeng Liu daily, but he does not respond. Chris our project manager will be in China next week and is sceduling time to meet with Tiandeng Liu and the assembly factory to see how we can get this project back on track. So expect more updates to follow.

Eagle Island play sets update.

Quick update from D&J Toys...[equipment delays]

Thanks

FMF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:56 am 
HATES Mattel

The hell kind of caliper is that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 pm 
Plug
Plug

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Industrial?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:41 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:

Height stand, used to measure from a flat granite block. Most are available to 18 inches before they get beefier to maintain perpendicularity.

https://www.starrett.com/category/1103

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Eagle Force update
Hey Everyone

I hope you all had a great start to the New Year. We are really looking forward to 2020, as we’ll be able to finally get Eagle Force complete and move on to future waves. Below is an update to our delivery timeline, update on Eagle Island and a few odds and ends.

Timeline

We just got our new detailed production schedule from the factory, it’s outlined below.

Jan 1- 31 - Revising samples to meet expectations
Feb 1-25 - Chinese New Year - Factory closed for holiday
Feb 28 - Deco samples ready for approval
March 15 - Sample revisions complete
March 16 - May 4 - Manufacturing
May 5 - Product inspection
May 15 - First shipment to US
June 9 - 20 - Delivery arrives in our warehouse, inspect delivery and sort for shipment
June 22 - Fulfillment begins
This is subject to change, but from talking to folks at The Four Horseman and Zica, who are currently using this factory, they said things can shift a week or 2 but they have always found the factory schedules to be pretty much on target. Our Project Manager Chris is on board to help us get to the finish line and we’ll of course continue to keep everyone updated as well go. If things shift around you’ll be the first to know.

I wish we could speed this up, but the new factory is basically revising a lot of what Tiandeng Liu did so we’ll have a quality product. We have over 25 figures in this assortment and they are 100% committed to making it right for our backers. They are excited to do more waves so they want to get us the best possible figures in hopes you’ll continue to back & collect the line as we move forward.

I know this has been a long road but thanks for sticking with us on this. I’m confident that we’ll deliver a great line of figures this year that will pave the way for future assortments.

Eagle Island Update

The Eagle Island Playsets have started to ship. If you ordered an Eagle Island playset, please be on the look out for an address confirmation email from D&J Toys. D&J Toys will not ship without confirming your address, so please keep an eye on your inbox. If you have any questions you can contact directly D&J Toys at <J_man_la@yahoo.com>

Odds and Ends

Some folks have asked about the future of Eagle Force Returns, Eagle Force Classic, Monster Force, Heroes vs Villains and Ninja Force. I have decided to keep Eagle Force under Fresh Monkey Fiction for 2020, this will take us through fulfillment and we’ll launch on new Kickstarter in Q4 2020 that combine all the Eagle Force lines into an overall assortment. Depending on how well fulfillment and post fulfillment sales go, we’ll offer some of the figures we’ve shown for wave 2 as pre-orders. Not much more to say around this at the moment, but I’ll start posting images of what’s to come on social media towards the summer, these will be labeled as concepts and we’ll be looking for your feedback as to what figures make it to future waves.

Also, as mentioned in previous updates, I have decided to license some of my 3D asset library and steel tooling to a couple other indy toy companies for a few different projects in 2020, one of which will be our Project Manager Chris’s new start up. This will not hold up production of Eagle Force or Hama figures, but will enable me to recoup some costs that I’ll need to finish this line since Tiandeng Liu did not refund any of the funds we paid to him. So you might see some familiar parts, like heads, bodies or accessories show up in other lines. These other companies will be using the same factory we are using, so the upside here is any new parts they do will be accessible and compatible with Eagle Force, so it’ll help bring more variety to the line as we move ahead in the back half of 2020.

Thanks again everyone, here’s to an awesome 2020!!

Fresh Monkey Fiction

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:53 pm 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Got a buch of images I wanted to share from the factory..they are creating new samples. I’m currently making notes on these now, but wanted to share.

Please note the tampos (camo patterns and logos) are not done and some of the joints are the wrong color, this is just the 1st step of the process as we work finalize the samples before we start produciton.

The new factory continues to deliver and meet their schedule, that said, they have to rework a lot because of the incompetence of TD. I know this has been a long wait but I’m confident we’ll get there now thanks to Chris and the new factory.

More to come as I get it in.

Thanks

FMF

Attachments:
320F9252-A7B8-42DE-BDB3-3D6C9648391D.jpeg
320F9252-A7B8-42DE-BDB3-3D6C9648391D.jpeg [ 262.62 KiB | Viewed 3656 times ]
260BE898-25FB-4EE9-B397-8B0914FFA527.jpeg
260BE898-25FB-4EE9-B397-8B0914FFA527.jpeg [ 128.4 KiB | Viewed 3656 times ]
923E0BB6-BC40-4BB3-9B01-B970C0B1AFE3.jpeg
923E0BB6-BC40-4BB3-9B01-B970C0B1AFE3.jpeg [ 150.74 KiB | Viewed 3656 times ]
0A7ABD54-EF86-46B1-83DA-045C40D74725.jpeg
0A7ABD54-EF86-46B1-83DA-045C40D74725.jpeg [ 148.03 KiB | Viewed 3656 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Hey everyone!

We finally got our samples in hand. We took some images that we wanted to share.

(*below are only 5 of the 13 pics included in the original message I thought would be the most interesting for customizing -pluv)
Attachment:
D03DD77A-05F9-457D-9AD4-255629DEBE46.jpeg
D03DD77A-05F9-457D-9AD4-255629DEBE46.jpeg [ 370.55 KiB | Viewed 3543 times ]

Attachment:
DD2039E6-C923-4858-84F2-26EDE3888C72.jpeg
DD2039E6-C923-4858-84F2-26EDE3888C72.jpeg [ 393.12 KiB | Viewed 3543 times ]

Attachment:
306E184B-8EEF-4FB0-9CFE-DA72A4728643.jpeg
306E184B-8EEF-4FB0-9CFE-DA72A4728643.jpeg [ 355.47 KiB | Viewed 3543 times ]

Attachment:
3E4236E3-586A-4A2F-BE25-D378CF037D7C.jpeg
3E4236E3-586A-4A2F-BE25-D378CF037D7C.jpeg [ 403.34 KiB | Viewed 3543 times ]

Attachment:
CB975023-610E-443D-8CFE-7E00560050BF.jpeg
CB975023-610E-443D-8CFE-7E00560050BF.jpeg [ 352.41 KiB | Viewed 3543 times ]

They came out great. We have a few minor paint touch ups that we need to do and we’ll ship them back to the factory so we can begin production.

The samples took much longer than we thought..I had many notes, so this did effect our timeline. It’s looking like we won’t have product in hand till August.

To make up for it the factory hoping to include an extra set of hands with each figure, as well as some "other stuff" that will remain a surprise until we ship. If we can pull off the "other stuff" I think you’ll be happy. None of this makes up for the delay but I’m excited that we are on track. We just got production samples of our Larry Hama figure (which uses the Eagle Force tools) so I’m confident that we’ll have a great set of figures when we’re done.

We also wanted to mention that Chris our Project Mgr, having funded his Space Force Kickstarter, has launched a follow up called American Presidents. You can find it on Kickstarter here.
Like Space Force these figures will be compatible with Eagle Force so if he funds we’ll have access to the parts to use with future Eagle Force waves.

Thanks again for sticking with us.

FMF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:15 pm 

January 1, 2021 Kickstarter Update - I’m just quoting the most relevant part, that figures are on the water. Looking like Feb-March for fulfillment pending customs, weather, apocalypse etc.

Quote:
I hope you all are safe and are having a great New Year. The shipment left the factory before Christmas and is on it's way to the US. This could take 4-6 weeks pending customs. With that said it's now time to get those addresses updated.

I got an email from Backerkit to check my address. Glad I did because this was funded so long ago that the address I used is for the office building my company moved out of last year.

Anyway, more details on the Kickstarter page and in your email inbox if you backed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:32 am 
Plug
Plug

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
January 1, 2021 Kickstarter Update - I’m just quoting the most relevant part, that figures are on the water. Looking like Feb-March for fulfillment pending customs, weather, apocalypse etc.

Quote:
I hope you all are safe and are having a great New Year. The shipment left the factory before Christmas and is on it's way to the US. This could take 4-6 weeks pending customs. With that said it's now time to get those addresses updated.

I got an email from Backerkit to check my address. Glad I did because this was funded so long ago that the address I used is for the office building my company moved out of last year.

Anyway, more details on the Kickstarter page and in your email inbox if you backed.
Same. I forgot they used a different backer program and that old address was from two moves ago. But hey, something is comeing someday possibly soon..ish.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])