Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:37 am 

I got an email stating my items had shipped and included a link to my Backerkit account to get the tracking information. I suggest checking your Backerkit order. The tracking, when available, will be at the very top.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:43 pm 

Received my Kickstarter package today. I'm impressed. The presentation is great and the packaging is very collector friendly, though I really hate the cheap plastic baggies used for the accessories. The "bonus Thank You" figure is very nice and shows what the addition of paint to the base sculpts does to the finished figures.

I don't know how much of the production was done at the "bad" factory versus the new one. The figures themselves are very nice and I didn't have any stuck joints. I also like the tab/slot closures on the vests over the peg/holes that Marauder uses. The tabs are much easier to get to close though that might be due to the harder material used as well.

Lots of hands. Like a LOT of hands. Different grips, splayed hands, fists. Haven't tried swapping these but they appear to be the same as the Larry Hama figure and I didn't have much trouble with those.

The heads use the barbell in the head style similar to the Boss Fight figures. It will make swapping them with other figure types challenging but I don't mind it too much.

The paint appears to be thick in some spots but I think that is due to the very flat finish. These could definitely use a coat of a satin or matte clear coat but that's a personal aesthetic thing for me.

Overall I like them. I picked up 4 of the Eagle Force Arctic Troopers, a Riot Arctic Commando, Thule and Captain Eagle and some unmasked heads for the arctic troopers. I'm pleased with what I have and I may pick up a few more troopers to fill out my ranks a bit. And I need to track down the guy that comes with the bulldog. Don't know how I missed that guy in the Kickstarter. I need a bulldog in my collection.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:31 pm 

I got my order of 5 figures plus the gift in today. Had to heat up every figure to get them moving, which is fine. Not bothered at all by that. I’m glad they’re taller than the Captain Action figures.

I have to say though, while they turned out pretty nice, I’m definitely less excited by these now that it’s been so long. I didn’t have any nostalgia for the license to begin with. The biggest bummer for me is that because of the long production time for these, we lost out on the proposed Monster Force, and it seems like Zica can’t get the suited bodies rolling for some reason, which is what I was the most hyped for. I know we have MTF, but more civilian type figures of different styles and heights are always beneficial.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:04 am 
Plug
Plug

Am I the only one to have issues with the ankles being loose? I mean that's good if I am, because I can fix that. I just want to know if it is a problem I'd have to fix on all the other figures too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:04 pm 

pluv wrote:
Am I the only one to have issues with the ankles being loose? I mean that's good if I am, because I can fix that. I just want to know if it is a problem I'd have to fix on all the other figures too.

I haven’t had too much of a problem with the ankles, but I will say they are the loosest of all the joints on my figures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

I guess I'd be interested to see one in-hand. I may be one of the few on here with legit interest in the original line as a kid, and these steered far enough away to make me lukewarm. Then the delay. Then the size question (even the fixed ones seem small to me). But I like that some people I respect on here are fans of the finished product. I just have to admit that the pics I've seen so far are very underwhelming to me. Maybe just need to let some of y'all get warmed up and posing these bad boys to really show them off.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:47 pm 

MJTanner wrote:
Cut-Up wrote:
MJTanner wrote:
I'm very excited to finally get these just so it can be done with. I got the Firebug army-builder set to use as henchmen in Marvel displays... but I don't display my Marvel figures any more. I'll probably end up trading off most of them.

If it's cool with you, may I call dibs on one? ;-)

oh sure! I'm supposed to get them on Friday.

PM sent... a while ago... :shifty:

"Liable to crack a bad joke at any given time... even during combat. And though he's good at being sneaky with exceptional fighting skills, don't call Cut-Up a ninja - he believes the term 'lost meaning when it went mainstream' during the 90s."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:56 am 

Smalljoes.com has their Eagle Force exclusive figures in stock now. Eagle Force Trooper Wilderness Ops and R.I.O.T. Commando Desert Infantry Ops.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:24 pm 

i got my figures 3 or 4 weeks ago which was a surprise to me as i had pretty much long written them off and stopped paying attention. from what i remember there wasnt much going on in the scale at the time and i was pretty excited about Eagle Force because of that, as well as because i had always sort of liked them as a kid but never really bothered with them since they were in the wrong scale so i was excited to have them being made in a compatible size after all this time. but i had started losing interest pretty early on in the process as they were announcing that they werent just 1:18 versions of the figures but were instead modern versions of the characters meaning they were all old guys now and the outfits ad everything were completely different. they started talking story lines and making comics and so on and i dont care about any of that stuff i just collect figures not comics and all of that. and in the years since then i had really lost interest in the whole thing, but theyve shown up and they do look good and well done, but that said they still look sort of boring to me, the ones i got are mostly all the same sort of darkish green color and just all blend together. definitely the ones i like most are the two actual gold figures which were the only ones i really wanted in the first place even as ridiculous as the gold outfits may be. i mean the gold outfits is what they were. but honestly i dont even know what to do with them all now, it may be a long time before i ever actually get around to opening them, which is bad because if there are any problems with them i need to find them sooner than later. also i think another part of the problem may be that since the kickstarter they have announced a lot of much cooler things that havent materialized and now im just disappointed about that.
honestly the thing i dont want from Eagle Force or G.I. Joe or anyone else are semi realistic modern style military figures i just dont find it interesting. when all the figures are wearing stuff that looks like real modern military gear and they all look the same that is boring to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:39 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Now that the Kickstarter rewards have been shipped lets talk Eagle Force Wave 5 (Waves 1-4 were offered as part of the Kickstarter) and beyond.

As we have mentioned we’ll be launching a Kickstarter for Eagle Force Classics this summer, this is a HUGE project almost as big as the Eagle Force Returns Kickstarter. We’ll be revealing images of the figures as Joe Fest in June with a Kickstarter following soon after. Each figure is based on a classics character heavily inspired by their original classic gold outfit designs. General Mamba and R.I.O.T. will be represented as well. We have over 25+ figures planned including stretch goals. If we fund with ALL our stretch goals this project till take will take 18-24 months to produce and deliver, even with the new factory.

But what about Eagle Force Returns and it’s sub-lines, like Monster Force, Heroes vs Villains and Ninja Force?

Our plan is to continue the Eagle Force Returns line by offering a pre-order for 5 new figures each quarter. These will use existing parts with a few new pieces here and there and should take a much shorter time to produce. We’ll offer pre-orders for the figures in a 6 week window. Once that window is closed we’ll move into production which should take 5-7 months. We’ll be making these figures to order, with very limited stock available at a later date. Out of the 5 figures offered, 4 will be able to be purchased individually but the 5th figure will only be available if you buy the set during the pre-order. The 5th figure will not be an army builder, but will be exclusive to the set. Think of it like a build-a-figure that is offered by Hasbro or McFarlane.

Eagle Force Returns Wave 5 includes:

Agent Grimm - Grimm Reaper Leader
Major Draconis - R.I.O.T. Space Command
R.I.O.T. Commando (S.A.S) - Crimson Commando
Sandstorm (S.A.S) - Eagle Force Dessert Trooper
Silverback - Survival Expert (exclusive to Wave 5 set)
Some of these figures will be Eagle Force S.A.S. - which means Some Assembly Required (S.A.S.). They’ll include multiple heads and accessories that will allow you to configure them in a variety of ways, but will need a small bit of glue for final assembly and configuration. The images below are close to final but we’ll be making some adjustments before we offer them. Each figure will include original art by fan favorite G.I. Joe cover artist Jamie Sullivan or Eagle Force Returns artist Steven Butler.

Attachments:
silverback.png
silverback.png [ 182.09 KiB | Viewed 11527 times ]
sandstorm.png
sandstorm.png [ 241.94 KiB | Viewed 11527 times ]
riot sas.png
riot sas.png [ 219.19 KiB | Viewed 11527 times ]
major draconis.png
major draconis.png [ 226.37 KiB | Viewed 11527 times ]
grimm.png
grimm.png [ 163.55 KiB | Viewed 11527 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:58 pm 

uh oh! army john wick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm 

is anyone going to back them after what happened to their original KS???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:22 am 
Formerly Push You Down

Yes.

Their misfortune wasn't due to their mismanagement or malice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:24 am 

is there something lost in translation with the SAS designation? it says it stands for Some Assembly Required so shouldn't it be S.A.R.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:41 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
is there something lost in translation with the SAS designation? it says it stands for Some Assembly Required so shouldn't it be S.A.R.

Not only does THAT stand out, but what's up with "Sandstorm (S.A.S) - Eagle Force DESSERT Trooper"? At least he DOES look like a chocolate chip cookie considering the color scheme... lol! :lol: Wonder if his last name will be "Darude?" :shifty:

The "Nut Up or Shut Up" quote on Silverback's shirt is goofy, but will it actually make it to production?

Grimm might appeal to some folks, but since Marauder Task Force already has their own version of Mr. Reeves/"Theodore" I'm thinking this guy might end up being a "peg warmer."

Digging Major Draconis! :like: With all those different heads, that's definitely something I might put funding toward...

"Liable to crack a bad joke at any given time... even during combat. And though he's good at being sneaky with exceptional fighting skills, don't call Cut-Up a ninja - he believes the term 'lost meaning when it went mainstream' during the 90s."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])