Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:10 pm 

see ive never been big on generic minions or pawns or whatever you want to call them. but on the captain action they just did it seemed like people were more excited of the 2 nameless lackeys than they were over the main characters so what can you say?
the character I'm most interested in is just some stretch goal that may never be reached. and from what ive seen so far I definitely wouldn't go all in. but at least I like a few of these main guys so far, I didn't do marauders at all because I'm just not into modern military style and so far that Eagle and Stryker are pretty close to the line for me. but still good so far.

I actually REALLY like the paint scheme past nastification has done on his customs over these figures.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:04 pm 
HATES Mattel

There's a huge difference between bad guy faceless minions and 'generic elite' good guy troopers. You pretty much always want the bad guys to out-number the good guys for maximal playstory drama, and I wonder how many are gonna use that Capt Action StrikeTrooper as a bad guy like I plan to do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:07 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Saw the figure in person at Wondercon this past weekend. Looked good. I may do the kickstarter in summer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:20 pm 
HATES Mattel

You were there in person but we get no pics? C'mon, man!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:59 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

oh It honestly didn't even occur to me. They just had the prototype in a display case, pretty much just what we've seen. They did have a nice display for those Secret Wars style figures, but I have 0% interest in them so I didn't look too hard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:50 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

I have to admit my excitement has waned. Such a crazy/cool/unique toy, and to get the standard modernized militarized treatment, makes me (personally) less interested.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:52 pm 
HATES Mattel

I'm basically looking at them as cheaper Club figures with all-new molds. Without compatible vehicles, I have no idea what one would actually do with figures in the original scale and format.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:33 pm 

drbindy wrote:
I have to admit my excitement has waned. Such a crazy/cool/unique toy, and to get the standard modernized militarized treatment, makes me (personally) less interested.

thank you, I thought I was the ONLY one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:17 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
I'm basically looking at them as cheaper Club figures with all-new molds. Without compatible vehicles, I have no idea what one would actually do with figures in the original scale and format.

oh man, no, I am excited about the idea of a 1:18 interpretation. I wouldn't want them in the old scale, nor made of diecast parts. lol.

But there was a flare to the old toys I was hoping could be captured in the new, in some undefined way. I'd almost go so far as to say that metallic gold paint would be more appealing than just boring generic military looks. And that's not something I ever expected to say. It's just missing something.

Of course price point matters. And I should just add the caveat in my sig that nearly all of my comments are made from a customizing perspective, not merely a collecting one.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 am 

drbindy wrote:
AdrienVeidt wrote:

oh man, no, I am excited about the idea of a 1:18 interpretation. I wouldn't want them in the old scale, nor made of diecast parts. lol.

But there was a flare to the old toys I was hoping could be captured in the new, in some undefined way. I'd almost go so far as to say that metallic gold paint would be more appealing than just boring generic military looks. And that's not something I ever expected to say. It's just missing something.

Of course price point matters. And I should just add the caveat in my sig that nearly all of my comments are made from a customizing perspective, not merely a collecting one.

And that's precisely where i have found myself with regard to 1:18th figures. Something is missing from most lines and i just cant put my finger on it. It could be , as i've said in the past, that they don't look like toys any more but small works of art. In and of itself though that characteristic shouldn't be a deal breaker so there has to be something else.

The gaudy gold paint might actually be what is required to make them stand out to me. Then again Fireball and the RIOT Commando look pretty far fetched so....

I want to love 1:18th again but i've been cherry picking monsters and mutants for a long time now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:37 pm 

Another villain revealed
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afis ... re-reveal/

I hope that this new assassin character is not a replacement for the original RIOT assassin, Savitar the ninja.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:29 pm 
HATES Mattel

Oh, Hornet looks friggin' great, easily my fave shown so far. I'm gonna need that whole set of FiguArts Bruce Lee heads shrunken down now, tho.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 pm 
Donor
Donor

Looks good! I'm really curious how the Kickstarter will be structured, and how many of these will be available in the first "wave".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

The Card Set has been fully funded for a while but there is a first figure offer at the 10K stretch goal mark. It's only like 700 bucks away as of this typing. I threw in with him to make an exclusive glider to go with the pilot. It's close to success. If this goes over well, there will be more in the figure kickstarter coming up. This is a cool lead in though cause it gives you all the "filecards" of the figures. Filecards are also written by someone we all know!

Check it out and if you haven't thrown some money in, please do. I dropped in enough for the figure. It's got 5 days left.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... escription

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:54 am 

I pledged. We're $548 away from making the RIOT stealth pilot happen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])