Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:59 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Haha, yeah but even at that time there were limits. I don't think I'd be able to convince my mom to buy a $20 figure. Or in the Collector's Club case, $30 or more. I figure we all have a few more years to enjoy collecting before we hit our 60s and 70s. Then just getting the stuff out will be a pain in the butt and we'll likely be ready to get rid of it all. Or at least trim it down enough that it's not a hassle. This kickstarter craze won't last forever either so it's fun to get in on the ones we like now and have that memory years later. A moment in time I guess you could say.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:23 pm 

Only a few hours left.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:51 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yep it's coming down to the end. This is a pledge to be a part of it and get some cool figures or watch people who did posting their figures later down the road. It'll be too late in a couple hours!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... on-figures

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:06 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

Is the Gold Cat the only KS exclusive? And now it's available for anyone to pick up, you don't have to be 'all-in' ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:17 pm 

You don't have to be 'all in' to get Gold Cat. But I don't see him as a pre-order on BBTS. This Looks like the only chance to get him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:49 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

He's a kickstarter only, but no longer an all in. Modern Cat just got unlocked too. This won't be all. There will be more figures and more gold uniform figures. They are factory paint app figures. There will be head packs too for the gold figures to even expand out more. As molds are created, ore and more will get introduced.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:02 am 

It came out to $193,967 with 595 backers. Looking forward to the Backerkit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:35 am 
HATES Mattel

That's an average of $325.99; which I'm thinking is pretty dang good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:42 am 

I went ahead and did the all-in. I guess I'm the reverse of a lot of you, and don't care for the gold figures. I never actually knew about the original Eagle Force so don't have any nostalgic connection- I just got them to integrate into my Joeverse. I'm planning on putting them up in the marketplace eventually, but PM me if you're interested in the gold figures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:48 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

It did well and I really think there are going to be a lot of "I wish I knew this kickstarter was running" type of people when everyone starts posting their figures. "What's those from" will be posted all over the place. Doesn't matter how much the link got out there. Because of that, there will be value in having extra that you may not want. People will buy what they can even though they had the chance already to do so cheaper. It's the name of the beast I guess.

Even though I was only a small part of it, I still appreciate everyone that pitched in and shared the link. I can promise it will be more and this is just the start. It'll be a fun line to be a part of and collect.

Post subject: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:33 pm 

They are allowing santini and Ultima Thule as add ons in the backerkit. I see a lot of customizing potential in both of these figures.

That was the final nail in the coffin for my Dime Novels Legends pledge. I'm going to add at least one of both of these and I'm limiting spending with Christmas coming. I pulled my pledge at DNL and If the cowboys work out I'll buy a few later.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:32 pm 

The backerkit is gonna be open till march they said... Having that extra time told me where my money was going...gonna add several more

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 pm 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Reminder Backerkit closes in less than 2 weeks and what's going on behind the scenes?
Posted by Bill Murphy (Creator)
Hey everyone.
I've got a few images to show. The factory has started to prep the tooling for the figures. We prototyped some figures at the factory to test out a few things. I'm always hesitant to show images like this cause they are very early and extremely rough around the edges, but as this is a Kickstarter and we've come together as a community to bring Eagle Force back to action I wanted to share them.
Attachment:
IMG_6496.JPG
IMG_6496.JPG [ 85.29 KiB | Viewed 2501 times ]

Again these are very rough and there are many things we are adjusting but I always think it's fun to see some behind the scenes images.
Also Steven Butler is working hard on finalizing the packaging art..here are are couple of B&W images.
Attachment:
IMG_6498.JPG
IMG_6498.JPG [ 128.21 KiB | Viewed 2501 times ]

Plus Joe Harris has started working on the Eagle Island play sets..he's started printing the parts and will begin assembly soon.
Attachment:
IMG_6499.JPG
IMG_6499.JPG [ 146.11 KiB | Viewed 2501 times ]

Also I reminder that the Backerkit is closing on May 1st so please make sure you fill out and submit your BackerKit ASAP. If you have any questions please message me via Kickstarter and let me know.
Oh and we've started to show a few figures for our follow up Eagle Force line. Eagle Force: Heroes vs Villains and Monster Force. We'll be launching this Kickstarter in early 2018 as soon as the Eagle Force orders are filled. Check out the a few preview images.
Attachment:
IMG_6501.JPG
IMG_6501.JPG [ 148.58 KiB | Viewed 2501 times ]

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates!
https://www.facebook.com/eagleforcereturns
https://www.instagram.com/freshmonkeyfiction
Thanks everyone!
Bill and Craig!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:15 pm 
Plug
Plug

Tooling update, comics, posters, packaging and more
Posted by Bill Murphy (Creator)
Hey everyone,
Things have been progressing at the factory. We've gotten some images of the tooling I wanted to share.

Still a lot of final tweaks to be made to get the figures right, but very fun to see. We should have fully assemebled samples in hand in 2 weeks.
We're working on the card art for packaging. Per fan feedback these will be traditional card backs, but collector friendly, so you can remove your figure. Here are some images, BIG thanks to Jason Bienvenu for moving these forward. These are more conceptual and not final, but they are headed in the right direction for sure.

We've also started to run a 18 part Eagle Force weekly comic strip. It's posted on Facebook every Wednesday. Eagle Force Returns Volume 01" Shattered Piece" is written by Justin Bell and Illustrated by Ryan Lord. Here are the pages we've posted so far. Please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.

We're also working on a interconnected Eagle Force Universe poster series. Here is a very early preview.

Each poster covers a different era in the Eagle Force time line. For example:
Liberty League: A team of super powered humans that formed during the early days of World War II to help defend freedom and defeat C.L.A.W. (Crime, Lawlessness, Anarchy & Warfare) a global subversive organization dedicated to world domination.
Eagle Force '42: The original Eagle Force Team, formed by Sgt. Eagle to lead the global war effort and defeat the Axis Powers, including C.L.A.W.

Eagle Force '81: The Eagle Force team, lead by Sgt. Eagle's son, Captain Eagle to defeat General Mamba and R.I.O.T. (Roving International Organization of Tyranny).

Eagle Force Mega: In the early 90's Goldie Hawk reunites Eagle Force as a Top-Secret American strike force to fight the reborn evil of R.I.O.T. ( Robotic International Organization of Terror) in both outer and cyber space.

Eagle Force Monster Force: General Brown recruits Declan Van Helsing to uncover the secrets behind the super natural threat of the Forgotten King.

Eagle Force Returns: Captain Eagle comes out of retirement in 2015 to form a team of new recruits when R.I.O.T. reforms, now lead by the mysterious Ultima Thule.

Eagle Force Heroes vs Villains: Special Agent Vess recruits a team of heroes to fight evil on the streets across America.
Thanks for the support everyone! We're looking forward to getting these figures in your hands early next year.
Bill and Craig

We leave you with the Sgt. Bulldog entry, written by Justin Bell, from the upcoming Eagle Force Handbook.
Birthplace: Camden, Alabama
Military Specialty: Staff Sergeant
Ryan Bronski grew up in poverty, learning the hard way that nothing came easy and if you wanted to get ahead in life, you had to be willing to put in the work. His parents instilled an aggressive work ethic in the young man at an early age, encouraging him to get a paper route, bag groceries, and do other small jobs in order to earn his own money and pay his own way. By the time he was fourteen years old, he’d saved up enough money to get a new bike, but he continued saving until his sixteenth birthday and bought himself a beat up used Buick instead.

Bronski lived and died for that car, spending many hours fixing it himself, souping it up and taking his friends on countless joyrides through the rural back roads of his Alabama home. As he neared high school graduation, he spoke to his parents about where he wanted to go to college, and while his grades were good, they weren’t quite good enough, and once again, the Bronski family just couldn’t quite pay the bills. Disappointed, but not discouraged, Bronski elected instead to sign up for the United States Army, intending to use the G.I. Bill to pay for school and work his way into one of the many skilled factory jobs that littered the countryside around his home.

But something funny happened. He loved the Army and the Army loved him. His drive, determination, and discipline earned him a lot of respect among his peers, and his sense of not being afraid to get his hands dirty earned him the reputation of being a “doer” not a “teller”. Bronski formed quick bonds with most of those he ran into, and had the unique capacity to mold undisciplined soldiers into a team that would at the very least follow his lead.

After being promoted to Sergeant, Bronski ended up in Germany, first running into Sergeant Brown and heard about a group of troublemaking soldiers who frustrated their superior officers to the point that four of them were on the verge of involuntary discharge or other corrective action. Bronski asked that they be given one more chance, and Brown agreed, but on one condition - Bronski himself would have to take them under his wing.

He agreed, and the soon to be infamous Bulldog Brigade was born.

Shortly after forming this ragtag “Bulldog Brigade”, a terrorist attack rocked Berlin, and Bronski was forced to take his team into action. They succeeded where even the German KSK could not that day and immediately began developing the reputation of the Bulldog Brigade.

Soon earning the nickname Sergeant Bulldog, Bronski had a knack for finding the problem children and bonding with them, bringing them into his own personalized Bulldog Brigade, a slowly growing group of highly trained, but poorly disciplined soldiers. Under Bronski’s guidance, the Brigade was able to sharpen their discipline and even further enhance their training, growing into a truly formidable team of operatives.
It was also in Germany where Sergeant Bulldog met Churchill, an abandoned bulldog who he took under his wing, thinking that it was fate that brought the animal to him right as he was forming up this Bulldog Brigade.

Once their initial training in Germany was done, Sergeant Brown was so impressed by how well they worked as a team, he suggested they get sent to where the real problems were and a week later they were on a transport to Afghanistan, Churchill and all. Over the next several years, Sergeant Bulldog and his Bulldog Brigade performed many operations, covert and otherwise, executing them to near perfection with an unheard of success rate, capturing Taliban leaders, halting suicide bombers and effectively cleansing an entire region of the war-torn nation. Brown and Bronski formed a close friendship themselves, and although Brown had little love for some of the individual personalities that made up the Bulldog Brigade, he couldn’t argue with their results.

After two tours in the Middle East, Sergeant Bronski became a liaison working directly with the Army Rangers, and the entire Brigade essentially formed into a Ranger detachment, operating within the realm of Special Forces in various operations throughout the region. At this point the lack of discipline the Brigade had been known for was a long distance memory, and the team was seen as the tip of the spear of many deep recon and military operations behind enemy lines.

Three tours later, Sergeant Bulldog and his Brigade were sent back to the United States for some well-earned rest and relaxation just in time for R.I.O.T. to rear their ugly heads and turn the world on its ear. It didn’t take long for Sergeant Brown to reach out to Bronski and ask him to be his right hand man and to bring his unique team with him. Bronski agreed, but on one condition - Churchill had to come, too. Together, Brown and Bronski began the process of reforming the world renowned Eagle Force team.

Now, not only are the existing Bulldogs part of Eagle Force’s renowned field operations team, but Sergeant Bulldog himself has a hand in training and developing combat readiness protocols for the entire team, helping to build the backbone of Eagle Force’s ever-growing military operation in the face of worldwide terrorism.

Attachments:
IMG_7777.PNG
IMG_7777.PNG [ 200.61 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
IMG_7776.PNG
IMG_7776.PNG [ 731.86 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
IMG_7775.PNG
IMG_7775.PNG [ 636.47 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
IMG_7773.PNG
IMG_7773.PNG [ 505.33 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
IMG_7772.PNG
IMG_7772.PNG [ 566.72 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:19 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

So there's now a Renegade obsessed Sasquatch with a Browning.

I didn't know I needed that, but man did I.

Attachment:
Eagle-Force-Monster-Force-02.jpg
Eagle-Force-Monster-Force-02.jpg [ 89.2 KiB | Viewed 2354 times ]

http://www.freshmonkeyfiction.com/monster-force

MONSTER FORCE
CHATSWORTH

The “Venerable Tribe of the Mountain Folk,” as they call themselves, have lived in semi-secret seclusion ever since Europeans landed in America. The Appalachian tribes are now all but extinct, yet the tribe which makes its home in the Rockies still exists in limited numbers. The Bureau of Cryptid-Hominid Affairs (CBHA) puts their population at 48 remaining individuals.

Of those individuals, Chatsworth is the only one to have left his people to venture into modern America. As a Sasquatch, he tends to stand out. He might have been shot and killed in Colorado Springs, had he not spoke perfect English to the police who responded to his sighting. It turns out that Chatsworth had smuggled a television into his domicile when he was younger. He grew up on 80’s cartoons, and a steady diet of weekend adventure television, of which he credits the shows Highlander, and Renegade as his greatest influences.

When Gen. Brown discovered that a Sasquatch had come down out of the mountains, he made it a personal mission to visit and ascertain the creature’s intentions.

Chatsworth told the General that his dream was to become a bounty hunter like Lorenzo Lamas’ character on TV. Knowing a good opportunity when he saw it, Gen. Brown offered Chatsworth a place on the new team he was building.

The sheer strength that Chatsworth possesses makes him an incredible brawler and battering ram, but his love of firearms has turned him into an exceptional heavy gunner. He's able to easily lift the types of cannons typically mounted on Humvees and attack helicopters, making Chatsworth the last word in on-foot fire support.

Personality wise, Chatsworth has a big heart, and always looks to do the right thing. He loves playing with children, cares for several species of exotic birds, and has a weakness for doughnuts. He has little interest in politics, or even mission parameters, and mainly concerns himself with shooting the bad guys, laughing with his teammates, and singing karaoke.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])