Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Monkey Fiction - Eagle Force
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:51 am 

Is there something wrong with me that I had no interest in this until I saw that stupid eagle? That's one cool bird.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:54 pm 

These are great,but I will admit that I was not a huge fan of the originals because of the size difference. However, they worked great with MASK. Now that they are Joe size they just can't arrive soon enough.....now if someone can bring back an updated Sgt. Rock line this size

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm 

I finally had a chance to read through the whole KS page, look at the pledge levels and think about what I want to do. These are great sculpts, I'm sure that they will be fantastic figures, but I have to say that I'm out.

I understand what they wanted to do by modernizing the look and story, but I was initially interested in this because of the nostalgia. Sadly, there is little to nothing in common with the vintage EF line except a few names.

The only figures that I would be interested in are the gold Captain Eagle, gold Cat (unfortunately an all-in exclusive) and Fireball. With their crazy shipping rate to Canada, the exchange rate (not their doing, but a reality all the same) and the high cost of the figures, I'm looking at about Can100$ for 2 figures. Sorry, but that will buy me a lot of Joes come November.

I was a hoping to build a vintage style 4" Eagle Force collection in modern format with this KS, but it looks like I'm going back to my initial plan of making my own with Joe parts, paint and brushes. Oh well.

OB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:47 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

OreoBuilder wrote:
I finally had a chance to read through the whole KS page, look at the pledge levels and think about what I want to do. These are great sculpts, I'm sure that they will be fantastic figures, but I have to say that I'm out.

I understand what they wanted to do by modernizing the look and story, but I was initially interested in this because of the nostalgia. Sadly, there is little to nothing in common with the vintage EF line except a few names.

The only figures that I would be interested in are the gold Captain Eagle, gold Cat (unfortunately an all-in exclusive) and Fireball. With their crazy shipping rate to Canada, the exchange rate (not their doing, but a reality all the same) and the high cost of the figures, I'm looking at about Can100$ for 2 figures. Sorry, but that will buy me a lot of Joes come November.

I was a hoping to build a vintage style 4" Eagle Force collection in modern format with this KS, but it looks like I'm going back to my initial plan of making my own with Joe parts, paint and brushes. Oh well.

OB

other than the Canuck rate exchange, this is pretty much my position as well. And I hate sounding old, but I would've had a hard time saying no to a line of modern articulated 1:18 scale figures that looked like the characters they are meant to portray (i.e. gold uniforms, the single most identifiable characteristic of the vintage line).

But so ends my rant. The public has spoken, and it would seem the public enjoys generic modern military designs more than me. I guess I just feel like that genre is already covered tenfold.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:01 pm 
HATES Mattel

I can grok that the 'future military' theme is getting tired out; but I'm simply unable to see the appeal of a line of guys in gold uniforms. If you're really nostalgiac for old school EF you'd be better off painting up MB CoDs, imho.

On the other hand, this line has something Joes have lost: a sense of direction and purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:03 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Yeah, I'm with those other two mooks about the appeal of these to me. Lines meant to have broad appeal, I have no problem with them doing new takes and interpretations on things. That's how you get market share. But lines that are meant to target my nostalgia, I want them to actually be recognizable by my nostalgia remembers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:56 pm 

The international shipping rate to the UK is making me have second thoughts on supporting this. Some nice figures but nothing I'd consider essential for my collection.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:51 pm 

this is what ive been saying all along. they just look like generic green army guys. I can understand a lot of people don't want gold soldiers, but that's the only thing that makes it eagle force. I'm not sure what I'm going to do because the two figures I want most are the gold guys, but one of them is an all in kickstarter exclusive and there are only 5 out of the 16 initial figures I have any interest in. the figure I'm third most interested in is a locked character, but he is literally the very last locked figure. so 2 of my most wanted 3 figures of the whole thing are 2 of the hardest ones to get. and I cant really afford to go all in on this thing especially when I'm not interested in 11 out of 16 figures in the first place. even if they all get unlocked I'm still only interested in 9 out of 25.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:13 pm 

I'm also out. Was really interested in this but I was hoping for the gold colored uniforms. I like the designs of a couple of figures, but not enough to back it. The price is also a factor.

Rock Sugar
Because Pop Rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:28 pm 
HATES Mattel

My understanding is that the gold repaints will be coming later, once the line is on its feet and running - except for Cat. So y'all can get what you want eventually, but I'd recommend pledging for Captain Eagle just in case. I'm sure there will be some All-Iners that will trade their Cats away, too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:50 pm 

If the other Cat gets unlocked I already have an alternate head for the gold one. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a General Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:08 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yep, the plan is to expand out the gold outfits. Trouble is as a non big boy company, money has to be built. The idea has been to modernize it all along but also bring in the gold outfits for people. This wouldn't be the only kickstarter, so as others come in, more gold outfits would be offered. Characters like the females have to be built up to for the mold costs. The unique characters like Harley. There's also a storyline and filecards written by Justin Bell to tell a story and the new outfits play into that.

With luck regardless of everything, if it makes it through, this is just the start. It'll be all about building a collection and having all sorts of cool figures in modern and vintage outfits. It's hard to see the bigger picture at the beginning, but there are many reasons for how things are being offered. That's the most I can say. Just hang in there if you have interest. Pledge for what you like and hook up with other people to get some of the more unobtainable items if you don't want to do an all in. Not trying to twist any arms, haha, just wanting to say that Some could regret skipping it on later offerings if you have any interest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:21 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Also from Bill Murphy on The Cat figure.

- The gold Cat figure will only be available for this Kickstarter. He is the exclusive figure. Yes, the stretch goals will be available as ADD ONs once they are unlocked...although we might not make them available until the BackerKit check out process once we are funded...we're still trying to figure that out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:39 pm 

to be honest the whole thing sort of pisses me off to a degree. because I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't like the gold figures and will want to sell their Cat figures. which will of course sell second hand at inflated prices that don't help out the kickstarter any. while also keeping people like me from wanting to pledge anything because I don't know what I'm going to have to pay later on to get one of the main figures I'm interested in second hand. I don't want to pledge for the characters I'm interested in if I cant get all the ones I'm interested in. and I remember some of those hacks kickstarter exclusives going for pretty high afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:53 pm 

newwavepop wrote:
to be honest the whole thing sort of pisses me off to a degree. because I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't like the gold figures and will want to sell their Cat figures. which will of course sell second hand at inflated prices that don't help out the kickstarter any. while also keeping people like me from wanting to pledge anything because I don't know what I'm going to have to pay later on to get one of the main figures I'm interested in second hand. I don't want to pledge for the characters I'm interested in if I cant get all the ones I'm interested in. and I remember some of those hacks kickstarter exclusives going for pretty high afterwards.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't want to pledge for a gold Captain Eagle if I can't get Cat. My collection will never be complete so why bother. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the structure of this Kickstarter. I was hoping that KS could be used by start ups to change the game and actually get figures that people want into their hands with minimum frustration. Instead, it's more of the same exclusive/hard to get/pay through the nose guano that the big companies have been pulling for years. Marauder and Boss Fight structured their KS campaigns with all fans in mind. Does not seem like Fresh Monkey did. Hopefully the Dime Novel KS realizes this or that may be another one that I'm going to skip.

OB

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])