Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter: LIVE
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:03 pm 

The final stats. Who knows if that 565 contains enough $100 plus pledges to unlock the Vigilante, but it's just that kind of thing that kept me out of this. It dropped almost $10,000 at the end so I'm guessing a lot of all-in guys dropped to posse level to keep the price per figure down. It Ended up with more pledges at the posse level than all-in.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter: LIVE
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:41 pm 

Morian Miner wrote:
I can't understand why, if they have to make them for the all-ins, they just didn't open up all the figures for backers to buy. The Vaquero is the other figure (besides the cavalrymen) I really want.

i am only assuming here. they ordered 2000 of the initial figures so they knew the exact price point to sell. those other figures they couldnt afford to order 2000 so they are custom ordering the amount they need for the all ins. the all ins already know the way things are going they arent getting a great price but they wanted to give them something to make the bad price less bad. if they sold those figures to everyone else then they would have to know how many of each figure and price every figure different because they are paying a different amount for each figure depending on quantity, and then people would [LASER BLAST] and complain about why is every figure a different price. dont know if i worded that write or if it makes any sense. but its my best guess why.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:45 pm 

Another question is, with one group of backers paying about $35 per figure and the rest paying about $25 per figure, for the same figures, what do they retail as?

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:32 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

If they retail for either of those prices I won't be getting any honestly. I just can't justify that for essentially fodder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:38 am 

From my understanding factories have minimum orders and if you order below that you still pay the same price as the minimum order. I put in for the Posse level and a set of guns, but I also had a lot of criticism for how this KS was handled and the weird stipulations for unlocking figures etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:05 pm 
HATES Mattel

Yeah, there's a certain amount of work that needs to be done to set-up and take down a production run, regardless of how long the machines run or how many products are made; which is a big factor in the minimum cost.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 am 

They have been posting a number of updates pretty regularly on the Facebook page. Just FYI.

Edit to add; They have launched their website:

https://www.chickenfriedtoys.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:00 am 

I hadn't even been thinking about this. I just treat my $100 or so dollars I pledged as if I took it out of my pocket and threw it in the trash. If they show up it will be a pleasant surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 pm 

Rand wrote:
I hadn't even been thinking about this. I just treat my $100 or so dollars I pledged as if I took it out of my pocket and threw it in the trash. If they show up it will be a pleasant surprise.

Backerkit is happening shortly, they were waiting for Zombie Labs KS to be done. No reason to think they won't deliver.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:52 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

My big issue with them is the attitude. I don't blame anyone for feeling like they threw money away. Their attitude is "Eff you we have your money." They actively begrudge updating people anywhere else but on their facebook page. It's horrible customer service.
We've been told about 3 times the "backerkits are coming" and then they don't come.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:29 am 

MJTanner wrote:
My big issue with them is the attitude. I don't blame anyone for feeling like they threw money away. Their attitude is "Eff you we have your money." They actively begrudge updating people anywhere else but on their facebook page. It's horrible customer service.
We've been told about 3 times the "backerkits are coming" and then they don't come.

Never saw that attitude, but then again, I only communicate with them through their Facebook page. They are sending out a test backerkit this week and if it all works for the 25 or so people who get it, then they'll open it up to everyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 am 
Plug
Plug

Spassvogel wrote:
MJTanner wrote:

Never saw that attitude, but then again, I only communicate with them through their Facebook page. They are sending out a test backerkit this week and if it all works for the 25 or so people who get it, then they'll open it up to everyone else.
They sent it out and have had heard back from a few of the sample people. So things are moving along.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am 
Plug
Plug

Update, survey has gone out to everyone who kickstarted, and the preorder page is live for those who missed out.

Alyosha wrote:
The day finally arrived. The Backerkit work is completed and all surveys have gone out for Dime Novel Legends. Now, to further work on series 2, and finalizing details for series 1 production.
If you missed the KS, you can preorder at this link:
https://chicken-fried-toys-dime-novel-l ... _preorders

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:33 pm 
HATES Mattel

I put mine in. I was only able to afford Bass at the time, so I added the Bartender and Vigilante.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Resurrection Monday...just in case anyone has missed it--

The figures are apparently arriving soon so it should be in the next month or two.
...where I'll promptly sell a few of them off since I no longer am that interested in a western line.
Apparently I was really into army-building the line and got 4 KP troopers.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])