Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter: LIVE
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:35 pm 

anyone interested in splitting up a gimme two steps pledge? your going from $450 for an all in to about $267 each if you have 3 people. i think it only comes with one each of any blanks or accessory packs. but you just add another i think its $10 each for those if you want them.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:02 am 

newwavepop wrote:
anyone interested in splitting up a gimme two steps pledge? your going from $450 for an all in to about $267 each if you have 3 people. i think it only comes with one each of any blanks or accessory packs. but you just add another i think its $10 each for those if you want them.

I'm currently at the Posse stage, but I would be willing to throw in for that. Can you find one more?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:31 am 

im on board if anyone else is Spassvogel. havent found anyone yet. and its the last day. below is whats currently guaranteed in the gimme 2 steps level.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:27 am 

I think it's a no-brainer if we can find a third. I'll try to check this page regularly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:24 am 

I think it's weird they didn't also do something similar with the regular all-in to give that package the same per figure value as this $800 set. This looks as if they are even putting the screws to the all-in guys who were already committed and stretched for them to try to force them to spend more money. Those guys have to either overextend themselves or find people to tie themselves to financially online in order to get the same deal.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:42 am 

Glad I dropped out when I did.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:45 am 

Newwavepop and spassvogel - check you PMs

Check out the G.I.Joe Review Podcast <-- Episode #45 now available - reviewing Special Missions Issue #5!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:02 pm 

Hoping I'm not a jinx, since this is going to be my first Kickstarter backing.

Can you add to your order at the end? I wanted to add Wyatt to my order, but didn't see how to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:04 pm 

Morian Miner wrote:
Hoping I'm not a jinx, since this is going to be my first Kickstarter backing.

Can you add to your order at the end? I wanted to add Wyatt to my order, but didn't see how to do it.

Just manage your pledge and add his base cost to your total. Then you pick him later I'm the backerkit

Dusty79 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 pm 

spassvogel and sidewinder pms sent.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm 

Dusty79 wrote:
I think it's weird they didn't also do something similar with the regular all-in to give that package the same per figure value as this $800 set. This looks as if they are even putting the screws to the all-in guys who were already committed and stretched for them to try to force them to spend more money. Those guys have to either overextend themselves or find people to tie themselves to financially online in order to get the same deal.

I am not a fan of high pressure sales.
And I think that is something that has turned me off in that this is being handled on "their" end as a sale rather than the investment risk it is.
Another point that raise a bit of a red flag with me on risk, the mindset of the organizers as communicated through their updates and FB. That this is a sale of a product not an investment of a potential line to bring A new and undeveloped product to the market with associated risks.
I hope it works. Wave 2 would be awesome. But there are just too many little red flags for me to fully invest at the level they push for.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:16 pm 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

Tsunami wrote:
Another point that raise a bit of a red flag with me on risk, the mindset of the organizers as communicated through their updates and FB. That this is a sale of a product not an investment of a potential line to bring A new and undeveloped product to the market with associated risks.
I hope it works. Wave 2 would be awesome. But there are just too many little red flags for me to fully invest at the level they push for.

After seeing Corey Stinson's involvement, I felt better. He has been around forever, working with Yojoe.com, and also running Smalljoes.com for years.

I'm excited to see how this goes.

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:35 pm 

chad_ghost wrote:
Tsunami wrote:

After seeing Corey Stinson's involvement, I felt better. He has been around forever, working with Yojoe.com, and also running Smalljoes.com for years.

I'm excited to see how this goes.

Concur. I have been a long time small joes customer and have done many a trade with Corey back in the Lanard hey dey.
But agin, their front man and main communicator is their "voice" and that is where my red flags keep going up.

But Smalljoes involvement also somewhat reassures me of the after KS availability at retail.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 pm 

I can't understand why, if they have to make them for the all-ins, they just didn't open up all the figures for backers to buy. The Vaquero is the other figure (besides the cavalrymen) I really want.

Post subject: Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter: LIVE
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:55 pm 

Morian Miner wrote:
I can't understand why, if they have to make them for the all-ins, they just didn't open up all the figures for backers to buy. The Vaquero is the other figure (besides the cavalrymen) I really want.

Their whole approach from the get go has been force people all in. The whole make the best figure an all-in exclusive thing and there wasn't even the posse option at the start. It was 1 figure for $25 or $400 all-in. Then when they did relent and give the posse option after many requests, they said it was against their best interest. Then they made the $800 level the only way to get all the figures at $25 each. If I was an all-in backer at this point, I would drop and wait to buy the figures cheaper later. I was only willing to go in about $100 based on that guys reputation, but I dropped anyway. It will get funded and I'd rather not risk money on that when I can get them later.

Dusty79 wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])