Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter: LIVE
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:51 am 

josh.kestner wrote:
when you look the actual figures seem to only be a mixture of two sets of feet, three sets of legs, two torsos, and maybe two different arm sets.

thats what i thought when i looked at the hellscreamers, its like 50 repaints of the same body. i think there is a second torso and a second pair of upper arms and thats it. the heads and helmets are different, but otherwise its the exact same body over and over.

guess im part of the problem, its a shame the way 4" seems to be dying out and the big companies are trying to force collectors into the 6" scale and we have such a hard time funding and agreeing on these kickstarters that are sort of our last gasps in this scale..

i got curious and looked at a bunch of the kickstarters.

______________backers_____closing pledges
boss fight________1,198______$412,155
i am elemental_____2,520_____ $162,906
MTF_____________1,195_____ $244,155
valkyries__________814______ $190,238
skeleton warriors___878_______$50,140
legend of cthulu____1,178______$131,814

adventure people___212_______$32,311
eagle force________480_______$170,000

the amount of backers has dropped alot in the last few. personally the western one though not doing great is my favorite of the bunch in alot of ways. its something that hasnt been done in a good long while, i was so excited about it. the negativity has been depressing.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:40 am 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

There is a lot of negativity, but I feel that if you like the product, support it; if not, then don't. I would hate to see this fail because people don't like that the people in charge. One's ability to blow smoke does not mean success no more than someone who might handle his words carefully will be unsuccessful.

I have not pledged because it isn't something that I am interested in; with that said, I will help out on the final day with a figure just to help the cause. A lot of the time the people running this Kickstarters started where we are, customizing with a love for action figures. That IS something that I can get behind.

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:46 am 

newwavepop wrote:

the amount of backers has dropped alot in the last few.

I think there are a variety of reasons for this.

People are now more aware of how long it takes to get the items that they have "invested" in. It's also clearer that items will be available after the kickstarter has produced the goods. Knowing that BFS and Marauders will have decent stock levels after the goods are ready mean that perhaps people are less inclined to pay upfront for figures which may include ones that they don't actually want, especially if the retail cost isn't that much more than the kickstarter "price". Plus people may be looking at how they can integrate different lines together.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:54 am 
Plug
Plug

You forgot some.
Fwoosh's Articulated Icons (6" Ninjas) - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... a-action-f
1,241 backers pledged $343,894

Four Horsemen Gothitropolis Raven - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... r-horsemen
1,510 backers pledged $303,666

Four Horsemen Mythic Legions (6" Fantasy line) - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... rsemen-stu
1,166 backers pledged $452,528

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:27 pm 

pluv wrote:
You forgot some.
Fwoosh's Articulated Icons (6" Ninjas) - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... a-action-f

Four Horsemen Gothitropolis Raven - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... r-horsemen

Four Horsemen Mythic Legions (6" Fantasy line) - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... rsemen-stu

sorry Pluv. i have no interest in anything other than the 4" scale. been collecting it exclusively for like 26 years not counting the playing years. part of what i said was how sad i am that the big companies are forcing 6" on us and 4" seems likes its fading, and those of us that like 4" cant even get on board alot of the kickstarters for various reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:32 pm 

chad_ghost wrote:
There is a lot of negativity, but I feel that if you like the product, support it; if not, then don't. I would hate to see this fail because people don't like that the people in charge. One's ability to blow smoke does not mean success no more than someone who might handle his words carefully will be unsuccessful.

I have not pledged because it isn't something that I am interested in; with that said, I will help out on the final day with a figure just to help the cause. A lot of the time the people running this Kickstarters started where we are, customizing with a love for action figures. That IS something that I can get behind.

i agree with that Chad, some good points.

shishi wrote:
I think there are a variety of reasons for this.

People are now more aware of how long it takes to get the items that they have "invested" in. It's also clearer that items will be available after the kickstarter has produced the goods. Knowing that BFS and Marauders will have decent stock levels after the goods are ready mean that perhaps people are less inclined to pay upfront for figures which may include ones that they don't actually want, especially if the retail cost isn't that much more than the kickstarter "price". Plus people may be looking at how they can integrate different lines together.

you are probably correct Shishi. of course that goes back to the old debate that there would be more for them to chose from if they joined the kickstarter and helped unlock more items.

ive sen it with the kickstarters ive pledged to though. it seems like the second people start getting the figures a bunch of people come out and say i totally didnt know i missed out on the kickstarter. also there will be people selling their extra stuff on ebay and people are paying more for it than if they had just pledged for it. makes no sense to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 pm 

newwavepop wrote:
ive sen it with the kickstarters ive pledged to though. it seems like the second people start getting the figures a bunch of people come out and say i totally didnt know i missed out on the kickstarter. also there will be people selling their extra stuff on ebay and people are paying more for it than if they had just pledged for it. makes no sense to me.

There's lots of sensible reasons. Interests change. People might not have been interested when the Kickstarter was running, but then something gets them excited later. Someone could not give a damn about this now and then catch a cowboy movie in a few months that makes them wish they'd backed. Or, conversely, I backed the first MTF Kickstarter and by the time I got the figures I really didn't care about GI Joe or GI Joe-lite anymore, so I have an excess of them. I backed for a lot less on the Valkyries because of that.

Kickstarter is also not a guaranteed deal. You can dump a bunch of money into a Kickstarter and see no return. This is a fundraiser, not a pre-order. People don't trust Alyosha. He's burned people plenty of times before. There's a lot of people who aren't going to back him on something because there's no guarantee of receiving product in return. But they might buy one or two of the figures from a reliable retailer later if they're available and have actually been produced.

There's no guarantee of quality. I could back some things now based on renders and maybe a test shot or two. Doesn't mean the final product will turn out the same. Lots of people will pay a few dollars more to have a guarantee of quality after release. Let someone else be the guinea pig, wait for some in-hand reviews, then buy if you like what you see. It's worth a little bit later to know you're not getting crap.

There's at least 3 reasons for not backing this or any Kickstarter and adopting late.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:55 pm 

On the 6" campaigns pluv listed, have there been more than that in 6" scale that didn't do so well? Those are pretty good numbers.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:22 pm 
Donor
Donor

. People don't trust Alyosha. He's burned people plenty of times before. There's a lot of people who aren't going to back him on something because there's no guarantee of receiving product in return.

Is alyosha behind the western figures or the hellscreamers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey visit my Blog and my 1:18 scale wargame :http://gijac.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:39 pm 

G.I.JAC wrote:

Western

Dusty79 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:22 pm 
Donor
Donor

Dusty79 wrote:
G.I.JAC wrote:

Western

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey visit my Blog and my 1:18 scale wargame :http://gijac.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:28 pm 
HATES Mattel

newwavepop wrote:

the amount of backers has dropped alot in the last few.

pluv wrote:
You forgot some.

*sigh* The currently-running Unrustable Bastards campaign deserves to be mentioned, for the purposes of NWP's point, more than those 6" lines do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 am 

Gimme 2 steps now includes 33 figures...3x the "All In" brings the PPF to around $24, it may be a little late in the game to organize group purchases, but that's not a bad deal at all. I personally have split my pledges up, to help get the BLV unlocked, but this is a great option, for anyone caught up on the price point per figure, being too high.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:45 pm 

Fritzkrieg wrote:
Gimme 2 steps now includes 33 figures...3x the "All In" brings the PPF to around $24, it may be a little late in the game to organize group purchases, but that's not a bad deal at all. I personally have split my pledges up, to help get the BLV unlocked, but this is a great option, for anyone caught up on the price point per figure, being too high.

That is a good deal for someone wanting to drop nearly a grand.

I personally don't want to have to organize 3-4 people to pool money together in order to get a better per figure price on a kickstarter.

Dusty79 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:25 pm 

Well, I decided to go in only at the single figure pledge.

I really love the concept, but I am weighing risk. I would rather risk higher prices if they make it to retail or on he after market than risk a hundred or more up front.

I really like them and fervently hope they make it to wave 2. But my acceptance of risk is at the $33 level at this point in time

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])