Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Gashapon / Gachapon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:40 pm 

Gashapon/Gachapon

I've recently fell in love with these candy machine toys and have found a fairly reliable online place to get some of them.I would love these thing to be as prevalent over here in the US as they are in Japan.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/553785/?p=1

Some work great with 1:18 figures and some are a little off the mark and some are just plain odd.

So here are some that I have gotten or want that work great in the world of 1:18. I will add some scale pictures a little later as well.

Working slot machines

Skeletons

Gremlins

Statues that can be used for treasure

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Gashapon / Gachapon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm 

I dig the art studio pieces. I was planning to recreate my art table in scale for my new site planned. The deities look awesome.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:23 pm 

Yeah, I'm a big fan of a bunch of stuff Epoch has done in the past couple of years. Desks, tables, lamps, chairs, luggage and so on. And the skeletons from Kaiyodo were a nice surprise.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:16 pm 

Scale image of the slot machines. They have a working handle that spins the images. It also gives you some coins and when it lines up with the one that 3 of the same images the coins fall out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:21 am 

Hard to tell the exact scale of these but if they are the right scale they would make great looking Samurai. The description says 40mm
auc-toysanta | Rakuten Global Market: Busho Kabuto Collection [All 6 type set(Full Complete)]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:58 am 
HATES Mattel

At 4cm, I would bet those are 12" scale. That's basically up to a Joe's thigh screw, and I bet they're talking about the common height of the helmets sans head crests.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:02 am 

Weight benches are now available

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?f=1&k=21446&l-id=gs_product_search&sid=auc-toysanta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm 

More KAIYODO Skeletons. These come with Jack-O-Lantern heads.

auc-toysanta | Rakuten Global Market: Capsule One Horror '''Dokuroman'''(Skull and Skeleton) PUMPKIN NIGHTMARE [All 6 type set(Full Complete)]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:15 pm 

Here is 1 skeleton (the set comes with 6) and all the accessories. The Jack-o-lanterns are all removable and fit over the skull like a helmet.

With a BFS blank for scale.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:16 pm 

Are the skeletons as good as the Boss Fight ones?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:10 am 

shishi wrote:
Are the skeletons as good as the Boss Fight ones?

I don't have any of the H.A.C.K.S. skeletons so can't speak on their merits, but did purchase two of the little buggers from the Devgru gashapon series a little more than 4 months ago. I've messed with them a bit in some dio-shots, and they're fairly cool! :-) The price difference alone was certainly appealing since it's easier to amass a small troop or two without breaking the bank. If ya order them from the Rakuten online shop, you could possibly pick up 5 or 6 for the price of one H.A.C.K.S. and that's including shipping & handling...

The Devgru ghoulies are decent enough to pose in most ways, but the hip bones don't allow for sideways "splits" if ya wanna do some kinda Jean-Claude Van Damme style jump kick action. The knees aren't double hinged (same goes for the elbows) like most of the newer 25th/50th/etc. Joe's these days, but they do twist around on ball joints fairly well, allowing for some dynamic poses. What impresses me a bit is the fact that these fellas have working shoulder blades, spinal columns, and neck bones! :-D

The plastic feels a bit weak, though, and caution should be used when twisting all the different appendages around. I'm sure a quick scraping off/scooping out some of the plastic from the joints/sockets might make things go smoother, but one shouldn't go too far... unless dismembered fodder bits is what you're going for. ;-) And carrying them around in your pocket does not seem like a good idea unless they're inside a sturdy carrying case (like for eyeglasses or business cards).

One of these days I'm gonna nab one of the Boss Fight designed guys to keep on-hand for everyday travel scenario photo-ops, I swear... :shifty:

"Liable to crack a bad joke at any given time... even during combat. And though he's good at being sneaky with exceptional fighting skills, don't call Cut-Up a ninja - he believes the term 'lost meaning when it went mainstream' during the 90s."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:53 am 

Thanks for the reply and the info.

I think I might get the Halloween set as it looks fun. Doesn't look like they have gripping hands like the Devgru set, but that doesn't seem to readily available.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:41 am 

shishi wrote:
Thanks for the reply and the info.

I think I might get the Halloween set as it looks fun. Doesn't look like they have gripping hands like the Devgru set, but that doesn't seem to readily available.

No problem, yo. : -) And forgot to mention, since you brought it up: my two figures only have clenched fists, so the gripping hands might be add on pieces that come in an accessories set along with the machine guns. :-/ Could be wrong and there's an actual change between the characters themselves, since there was an option of picking a guy based upon which helmet style you'd like... but someone else who has purchased different sets in the Devgru group may have a bit more insight to share than I do.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed picking up one of the pumpkin-headed sets, though, as they do look quite fun! :-D All those accessories are just about tempting me to buy a few more, that's a certain... lol!

"Liable to crack a bad joke at any given time... even during combat. And though he's good at being sneaky with exceptional fighting skills, don't call Cut-Up a ninja - he believes the term 'lost meaning when it went mainstream' during the 90s."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:44 pm 

I pulled the trigger on the set of 6 on eBay

http://m.ebay.com/itm/262627887385

I've got a Shadowman custom in the works at the minute and him facing off against the pumpkin headed skeletons might be fun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:21 am 

Got my set of these today - no, the skeletons are nowhere near BFS quality. However, I think the set of six cost me just a little bit more than one BFS figure. From that standpoint, these guys are a heck of a bargain. All the joints are press fit ball-and-socket, so they are pretty poseable. Wish the spine pieces weren't modeled so curved, but I can live with that. Already taken one of the pumpkins and given one of my old Microman blanks a new head.

From my point of view, if you can grab a set, buy them. Even just using the pieces as diorama fodder would make it worthwhile.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])