Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Red Laser Viper ARAH custom casts coming
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:44 pm 

I'm hoping for something like Iron Grenadiers for the next repros. Speaking of, IG colored Vipers would be absolutely fantastic.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:42 pm 

Siege wrote:
I'm hoping for something like Iron Grenadiers for the next repros. Speaking of, IG colored Vipers would be absolutely fantastic.

IG colored Vipers -- I like the way you think. :-D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:46 pm 

sbarrett4 wrote:
I got a set of each from eBay last week and they arrived on Saturday (I was out of town). Excellent quality as you would expect.

The bodies/helmets are mostly painted, it seems like they were molded in a flesh tone aside from the boots. Helmets are slightly rubbery which is good. The Eel flippers and airhose are also rubbery, again seems good.

sbarrett4, does this include the Desert-Vipers? I have a few of "Red Laser's" previous works -- mostly B.A.T.s -- and they seemed to be molded in the proper colors, not painted. I don't really have a problem with painted figures as long as they're neatly painted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:36 pm 

GITrekker wrote:
sbarrett4 wrote:
I got a set of each from eBay last week and they arrived on Saturday (I was out of town). Excellent quality as you would expect.

The bodies/helmets are mostly painted, it seems like they were molded in a flesh tone aside from the boots. Helmets are slightly rubbery which is good. The Eel flippers and airhose are also rubbery, again seems good.

sbarrett4, does this include the Desert-Vipers? I have a few of "Red Laser's" previous works -- mostly B.A.T.s -- and they seemed to be molded in the proper colors, not painted. I don't really have a problem with painted figures as long as they're neatly painted.

Yes, both Desert and Navy have painted legs. The paint jobs are fine, just a bit glossy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 am 

I would love it if they did up a Red Shadows version of the Viper.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 pm 

Are the hands made of the more flexible plastic material or the classic hard abs ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:55 am 

Suntzu wrote:
Are the hands made of the more flexible plastic material or the classic hard abs ?

Hands are hard plastic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:08 pm 

Siege wrote:

IGs please.

I'll take
Fire Grenadiers (red)
Marine Grenadiers (gray)

And wouldn't object to:
Sand Grenadiers
Ice Grenadiers
Space Grenadiers
Baroness' Grenadiers (in cobra blue)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:40 pm 

What other Vipers would you all like to see? I'm hoping for the aforementioned Iron Vipers and others I've mentioned, but I'd also like to see Stinger Driver Vipers. Would be pretty neat seeing some white/black/red Vipers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 pm 

ThrowAwayToyZ wrote:
Siege wrote:

IGs please.

I'll take
Fire Grenadiers (red)
Marine Grenadiers (gray)

And wouldn't object to:
Sand Grenadiers
Ice Grenadiers
Space Grenadiers
Baroness' Grenadiers (in cobra blue)

I hope somebody from Red Laser Viper is reading this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 pm 

sbarrett4 wrote:
GITrekker wrote:
sbarrett4 wrote:

Yes, both Desert and Navy have painted legs. The paint jobs are fine, just a bit glossy.

Slightly glossy painted legs wouldn't bother me. I'd just hope the entire figure wouldn't be like that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 pm 

I got a box of the new Red Laser Vipers in yesterday. I would agree the paint is a little glossy. Also, there are a few imperfections when painting the skin tones. Otherwise the figures are really great! Paint on the rest of the body is spot on, logo is clean and tight, helmet fits well. And none of that rubbery plastic. They are built like true vintage Joes.

You guys likely already saw several of his BAT variations. But I fell in love with the Transformer crossover BATs. They are just perfect. He made some even better by having a variant chest sticker that represents Shockwave and Soundwave. Those are my favorites.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:49 pm 

Red Laser's got a new color scheme up: Officers! They look fantastic. This is totally up my alley and I'd be grabbing them instantly if uh, my car didn't get totaled the other day...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Laser-RedLa ... SwnHZYX2P8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:43 am 

Firefox, thanks for the review!

Siege, thanks for the link -- and very sorry to hear about your car. Hope you're okay.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:08 pm 

GITrekker wrote:
Siege, thanks for the link -- and very sorry to hear about your car. Hope you're okay.

I'm fine, nobody was hurt thankfully, and I wasn't at fault. Amusingly it's kinda due to something Joe related. I was hitting up a comic store for a pre-Christmas sale. Last time I was there they had a good price on the Danger at the Docks set, and for 20% off it would've been a steal, but it seemed like it sold earlier that day. Accident happened on my way home. Chances are the whole thing would've been avoided had I not spent a half hour wandering around the store for something else to get, only to come up with nothing. Ah well....

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: I asked Red Laser if he plans to do Stinger Drivers and jungle camouflage soon, and he said that one is coming very soon and the other later down the road. Exciting!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])