Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Street Fighter Joes... a second wave?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:43 pm 

It's possible that that there might have been new molds for future waves of Street Fighter figures. But, that doesn't really jive with the movie line nor the Mortal Kombat movie line. Hasbro was pretty much rehashing what they could to squeeze dollars out of the molds. (The Slice body was used like 8 times in the lines.) The MK Movie line has a lot of the cancelled Ninja Commando molds for that reason. There were some unproduced MK toys (I think there's artwork of a Triple T with Kano figure out there.) so it's likely there were unreleased, planned figs in the SF lines, too.

Some could be interesting to see. But, I'd venture that unless the figures were planned for a 2nd series of G.I. Joe branded figures, that there wouldn't be anything other than recolored, existing parts in the unproduced items save maybe a new head or two.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 pm 

Yeah, KANO's tank

Wasn't movie Ryu unreleased but mostly a new mold?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:53 pm 

I know some packaged Movie Ryus are out there, but I can't remember if he was unreleased or just exceedingly rare. But yes, he was a new mold. But like most of the new mold SF movie figures, it was a severely crappy mold.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:26 pm 

I seem to recall having a conversation with someone from Hasbro, whereby the additional figures from the Street Fighter line, that did appear both on the Dragonfly package, and the Shadaloo HQ box (i.e. Cammy, T. Hawk, Dee-Jay, and Fei Long) were intended to appear as figures -- despite the fact that Fei Long didn't appear in the movie. But when the movie basically tanked, and the existing toys ended up clearanced (I remember the "All-Guile" assortment turning up at K*B at 2/$4.00 -- great custom fodder, anyway) that was the end of that. As to who would've been made out of whom, that's anybody's guess.

I saw a carded Ryu at a G.I. Joe Convention one time, so I assume they reached some level of production, but I don't recall seeing any during the K*B clearance. Weird-looking figure. New headsculpt, and I think they were trying to make his neck look more muscular, but unfortunately the end result looked more like he'd swallowed a tennis ball and it had gotten stuck.

I customized a Cammy out of a Ninja Force Scarlett myself once. My original plan was to do her braids by whacking the braids off of a couple of Vega figures, but I never quite got around to it.

And if you take a close look at that picture of Kano in that Mortal Kombat vehicle, the tiny portion of his outfit that is visible appears to be black. So that would've been an interesting costume color change that, to some degree anyway, would've been in keeping with the character's wardrobe change in the games.

Attachments:
IMGP9612.JPG
IMGP9612.JPG [ 103.82 KiB | Viewed 420 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:23 pm 

That's a pretty nice looking custom, lack of Cammybutt aside. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:42 pm 

Thanks, Siege. I was trying to get close to her movie likeness, or at least a cross between that and the video game, and just decided to use several shades of blue. Besides, that Ninja Force Scarlett figure was always a bit -- ahem -- wide in the thighs to accommodate the spring action mechanism, and I really didn't think the, as you put it, "Cammybutt" look would come across very well as such.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])