Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Gary Head tribute figure.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

An important message from the great people at Joe Declassified

We have approximately 400 Sightlines to still give away! Don't bother paying on eBay.
We'll need to consult with the staff and those who invested in the project to determine how we'll get them out, but it will happen. Just have some patience, and save your money.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: The Gary Head tribute figure.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:58 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I really hope I can get one (or two) of these figures.

I didn't know Gary, only by his posts and his online presence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:58 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I really hope I can get one (or two) of these figures.

I didn't know Gary, only by his posts and his online presence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:45 pm 

ThMick wrote:
An important message from the great people at Joe Declassified

We have approximately 400 Sightlines to still give away! Don't bother paying on eBay.
We'll need to consult with the staff and those who invested in the project to determine how we'll get them out, but it will happen. Just have some patience, and save your money.

That is encouraging news.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 pm 
Plug
Plug

I'm pretty excited. They are going for $50-$100 dollars on ebay. While part of me is appalled at people profiting off of something that was given out as a freebie and tribute to the deceased, the other part of me can't help but grin that Goggles' figure is gaining such an elite status among fans as much as he did in the fan community.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 pm 

Pearl Jam killed the market for high priced concert bootlegs by flooding the market with their own professionally recorded and inexpensive concert recordings. I wonder how many figures it would take to kill the eBay market for this figure.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:17 pm 

Hearing this has lifted my spirits, to know I may still have a chance to own this awesome tribute to Gary Head...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 am 

I'd love to have one as well. A great tribute piece and a slick looking figure to boot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 am 
Plug
Plug

Dusty79 wrote:
Pearl Jam killed the market for high priced concert bootlegs by flooding the market with their own professionally recorded and inexpensive concert recordings. I wonder how many figures it would take to kill the eBay market for this figure.
400 would put a really big dent in the after market value.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 pm 

Dropping them all on ebay would certainly kill that secondary market value. However, DeClass doesn't want to sell them for any price. They are also not allowed to sell them. The only way they can put them out there without getting in to legal trouble is to give them away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:33 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

This is copied from Joe Declassified Facebook post

The Much-Anticipated Sightline Post:

As mentioned previously, Joe Declassified has approximately 400 Sightline figures to give away. This was almost wholly unanticipated. We expected most if not all of the figures to be given away at Joe Con, and the intention of the figure WAS to be a Joe Con exclusive. Since that didn't happen, we've been batting about solutions with a few primary goals in mind:

1. Get Sightline into the hands of as many kids as possible. Our mission is to promote the brand, and a huge part of this is to engage a new generation of collectors.

2. Distribute Sightline as fairly as possible. We realize that not everyone will be happy with our process no matter what we choose, but believe us when we say that we're going to do our level best.

3. Solve the logistical hurdle. As the G.I. Joe community's only not-for-profit, we're not exactly rolling in cash. Mailing out 400 individual figures, even at the most conservative average of $4 each, would cost us $1600. That's a price tag we cannot afford.

All that said, we have some priorities for distribution that need to be waded through before we begin to send out figures to the masses. Also, we have realities that you may not be aware of:

1. We cannot sell the figures. Our arrangement to use the Sightline name precludes us from selling them. Yes, having you "donate" directly for that purpose is still selling. We honor the spirit of our agreements, not just the letter. You may, of course, donate at any time, and in doing so support future projects, but it will have no impact on you receiving a Sightline figure or not.

2. We required financial backers in order to make this work. Some of them chipped in CONSIDERABLE amounts of money to make this project happen, and do not themselves have a figure.

SO.....our current distribution plan is:

1. We'll be sending out a figure at our cost to the remaining backers who do not have a figure (9 of them).

2. We'll be making a few available to our staff that participated in the planning process, who also have not yet received the figure they invested their effort into.

3. We will make figures available to Gary's close friends. We know who they are.

4. We plan to make a SIGNIFICANT amount available at shows later this year - Assembly Required, Toy de Jour's G.I. Joe day in Chicago, etc. This will allow us to hand many directly to children. Probably 1/2 the remaining figures will go out this way.

5. To those that have donated to Joe Declassified prior to 13 June 2017 - Many of you donated money over the last decade with no expectation of any direct return, so you will be eligible to receive a figure. We will contact YOU to determine if you wish to have a figure, but will need you to cover the shipping costs.

6. Contests! We're going to run several contests, to ensure that anyone who doesn't otherwise get a figure has a shot. Customs, art, writing, scavenger hunts, trivia, etc. If you're not good at one thing, we want to find something you can participate and compete in. We do plan to deliberately aim several of these at children. Winning the contests will make you eligible to receive the figure, but you'll need to cover shipping.

There are a couple ground rules to also be considered:

1. If you received a figure already, you are ineligible to receive another.

2. There is no "list" for you to get on. We appreciate the interest in this figure, but our inboxes have been flooded with PMs from fans asking for one and frankly, we won't be taking these requests into consideration as we continue to distribute our remaining figures. We appreciate your support and are impressed with your dedication to G.I. Joe, but your level of fan-hood will not be a deciding factor.

3. This process will likely take us MONTHS. Patience will be a virtue. Each step of the way, we will need to re-assess costs, processes, quantity remaining, and account for production errors. Please remember, this is all volunteer labor done by guys with day jobs.

We also plan to auction off several items in the immediate future to directly benefit the Capua/Head family. We have Jason Sobol's original Sightline art and Artist's proof, the hand painted Sightline prototype, and 2 Alyosha customs of the Goggled One himself that were donated to us for this purpose.

We'll keep you in the loop as we go

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:26 pm 

pluv wrote:
Dusty79 wrote:
400 would put a really big dent in the after market value.

That would be nice for something like this, but looking how they want to distribute them, there are going to continue to be people who aren't on "the list" who will want them and be willing to pay. And there will be those more than willing to sell. Sad, but part of life in the collecting world.

Now, that aside, what a nice figure, and what a cool way to honor someone's memory. My hat is off to folks who use their talents for good like this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:53 pm 

I really hope I can land one of these. It's fantastic to see him honored in both the modern and ARAH styles now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:53 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Are there different versions of the ARAH Sightline?

I've seen pics using what appears to be Cobra Soldier/Officer legs, while other pics show Airborne legs.

Was there an actual recipe for parts ever listed?

Even going by this link, the pics show two versions... http://generalsjoes.com/2017/07/02/joe- ... sel-194759

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:00 pm 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

DarkJedi wrote:
Are there different versions of the ARAH Sightline?

I've seen pics using what appears to be Cobra Soldier/Officer legs, while other pics show Airborne legs.

Was there an actual recipe for parts ever listed?

Even going by this link, the pics show two versions... http://generalsjoes.com/2017/07/02/joe- ... sel-194759

Well, I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but I am responsible for the design of this figure. :)

The pictures you have seen using the Cobra Soldier legs were from the paint master that I created. Due to some errors at the factory, this figure not only got different legs, but also different colored ones.

The artwork for the figure has Cobra Soldier legs, as I am also responsible for it and the trading card that came with the figure.

Here are the parts:
Head: Snake Eyes with helmet and visor
Torso and Arms: Flash
Waist: Cobra Solider
Legs: Airborne (originally Cobra Soldier)
Backpack: Duke (Steel Brigade)
Rifle: Recoil (Steel Brigade)

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])