Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro IDW SDCC Set - Joes, MASK, Transformers, ROM....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 am 

Transformers Jetfire - I'm not sure I can resell him.

Action Man - His look is more "cartoony" than the rest of the set. I'm not sure he fits in.

MASK Matt Trakker - They are using different legs or feet. Looks nice. Hey look there is that :staticline: head the Club refused to do.

G.I. Joe Roadblock - Never cared for renegades in the first place. I guess I can update my diostory with him then get rid of him or use him as parts.

ROM Dire Wraith - I'm not familiar with them.

ROM - same ^

Micronauts - Vaguely remember them & wasn't into them when they came out.

Visionaries Leoric - ^ .... no holographic chest sticker?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:58 am 
HATES Mattel

Darko wrote:
See, this is what pisses me off about Hasbro: it's not that they can't make awesome toys, it's that they choose not to. Or they choose to release them only as nigh-impossible to get exclusives.

More to the point it's 2017 and they still don't use HTS to take preorders to guarantee every collector has a real chance to get what they want. Since SDCC tickets sell out *A YEAR* before these exclusives are announced, it's literally impossible for people that just want the exclusives to get them in the manner they're intended to be gotten. Hasbro makes these things solely for the publicity value and *not* to make their customers happy. Every damned year it's simply dick move after dick move.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 am 
Plug
Plug

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Darko wrote:
See, this is what pisses me off about Hasbro: it's not that they can't make awesome toys, it's that they choose not to. Or they choose to release them only as nigh-impossible to get exclusives.

More to the point it's 2017 and they still don't use HTS to take preorders to guarantee every collector has a real chance to get what they want. Since SDCC tickets sell out *A YEAR* before these exclusives are announced, it's literally impossible for people that just want the exclusives to get them in the manner they're intended to be gotten. Hasbro makes these things solely for the publicity value and *not* to make their customers happy. Every damned year it's simply dick move after dick move.
The Magic the Gathering stuff sells out in seconds. Other than that I've never had any trouble getting an SDCC Hasbro exclusive. I can't say that about the Club or every show exclusives from other toy companies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:45 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

So did they take all the Jetfires that didn't sell at retail and just repackage them in this set? I think everyone who could want a JF, has a JF, so that's an easy pass. The rest are interesting, but not interesting enough to get me to bite, I don't think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:04 am 
HATES Mattel

I've been reworking non-TitanMaster TFs to be TMs and I'm curious whether JF's head is scaled right for such a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:26 pm 

I swear, G.I.Joe has become the black sheep of Hasbro...until they want to do something quick with another property. I know this isn't retail, but just LOOK at all those Joe parts used for other things! I see parts from the 25th, Rise of Cobra, Retaliation, 30th, AND Roadblock completes Renegades! A fantastic set, but it's bittersweet with no retail stuff this year or next.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:02 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

AdrienVeidt wrote:
I've been reworking non-TitanMaster TFs to be TMs and I'm curious whether JF's head is scaled right for such a thing.

It's close enough. A TM on him will be just a bit small, but you could either do the helmet trick like Hasbro/Takara did, or just accept that a giant space jet robot with a human for a head will have a smallish head. Or you could cheat and get the KO OS TR figures with slightly larger heads and use one of those heads.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:58 pm 
HATES Mattel

I'm wondering if his head is big enough to use a MegaBlok dude as his TM once I paste the face onto his back and rip off his kneecaps. It would be a fun project, I bet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm 

Goldbug wrote:
Visionaries Leoric - ^ .... no holographic chest sticker? [/list]

Well, in fairness, let's be reasonable. They probably don't have that technology "in-house" anymore and it would've cost way too much to do it for such a limited run. I do get a kick out of the fact that the images on the chestplate and staff are clearly derived from the animated series, so I'll give them credit for that much continuity -- and I still want him.

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Hasbro makes these things solely for the publicity value and *not* to make their customers happy.

A friend of mine speculates that Hasbro doesn't really want to be a toy company anymore, at least not with their own stuff. They just want to market their in-house properties, and produce toys when there's something else to tie into (heaven forbid they should have to use their own imaginations). An item like this, as cool as it is, is a perfect example of this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:37 pm 

Separated at birth?

OB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 pm 

GITrekker wrote:
A friend of mine speculates that Hasbro doesn't really want to be a toy company anymore, at least not with their own stuff. They just want to market their in-house properties, and produce toys when there's something else to tie into (heaven forbid they should have to use their own imaginations). An item like this, as cool as it is, is a perfect example of this.

I suspect your friend is right. I wouldn't want to be in the business of manufacturing toys with the possibility of an affordable 3d printer being in most homes just around the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 am 
HATES Mattel

Wowboy wrote:
GITrekker wrote:

I suspect your friend is right. I wouldn't want to be in the business of manufacturing toys with the possibility of an affordable 3d printer being in most homes just around the corner.

That's not a speculation, that's an observation. Hasbro themselves have just about as much said straight out on a couple of instances.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wowboy wrote:
GITrekker wrote:

That's not a speculation, that's an observation. Hasbro themselves have just about as much said straight out on a couple of instances.

They already seem to be heading towards just becoming a licensing company.
Look at Jem & Magic the Gathering figures (http://kastorskorner.com/wp/funko-debut-magic-gathering-legacy-gen-con/) both Hasbro properties made by someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:26 am 

The recent Jem dolls were $200 collectibles and Magic the gathering is a Wizards of the Coast property which is owned by Hasbro. Owned, but not branded as a Hasbro product.
I wonder if Hasbro would ever licensed any of it's own properties for a new playline. Maybe nobody cares or they are just asking to much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:37 pm 

They should license GI Joe to Oreobuilder and Bucky for a full Resurgance line.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])