Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Return of the Power Lords - Preorder Friday 09/08/17
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:51 pm 
HATES Mattel

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=3077

Quote:
“This Friday, September 8th at 3pm eastern standard time, a new pre-order comes to Store Horsemen, but this time we’re doing things a little differently. We’ve been trying to find the right timing and method to re-launch the Power Lords four inch scaled action figure line with new levels of articulation and detail, and if you’re willing to go on this little journey with us, we think the time is NOW!

This pre-order will be very similar to all of our previous pre-orders, with one significant difference. We’re going to use something similar to the “crowd funding” method of pre-ordering that’s been successful for us in the past through Kickstarter, and we’ll have a certain number of orders per character that we’ll need to hit in order to make this work. If we don’t meet our goal in the time that we have the pre-order running, all of the pre-orders will be cancelled, and none of your payments will be processed. We’d then just have to step back and try to figure out another alternative strategy in order to get Power Lords action figures into your hands.

One of the things that’s happened in recent weeks is that the factory has come back to us with revised prices for tooling and production, and we were shocked to find that they’re roughly double what we were quoted to begin with. We’re still working things out with the factory to see what can be done to bring those prices down to a more reasonable level, so we probably won’t be posting the prices of the figures until the sale actually launches on Friday afternoon. Multiple factors figure in to decide what we need to charge per figure, and the production and tooling charges are the largest portion of that. That factor more than anything else will decide what the final prices for the Power Lords action figures will need to be, but you can be sure that we’ll do everything within our power to keep those prices as low as possible, no matter what the final outcome from our current factory negotiations.
And yes, there will be a specially priced All-In set.

As a bit of a preview, below are the various characters that we’re going to be offering for pre-order, along with descriptions of their articulation and accessories.
-FOUR HORSEMEN-

POWER ARMOR ADAM POWER – Accessories: 2 Power blades, Ion Blaster gun, Power Staff. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, ball hinged wrists, ball and socket waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

POWER SOLDIER LIGHT GUARDIAN – Accessories: 2 Power blades, Ion Blaster gun, Power Staff. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, ball hinged wrists, ball and socket waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

POWER SOLDIER DARK GUARDIAN – Accessories: 2 Power blades, Ion Blaster gun, Power Staff. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, ball hinged wrists, ball and socket waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

POWER SOLDIER ASSASSIN – Accessories: 2 Power blades Ion Blaster gun, Power Staff. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, ball hinged wrists, ball and socket waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

SH’VIX (Gray armored alien soldier) – Accessories: 2 Power blades, Ion Blaster gun, Power Staff. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, ball hinged wrists, ball and socket waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

SYDOT – Accessories: Stellar seekers, Laser gun, Laser long rifle. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, hinged jaw, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, swivel waist, swivel tail, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

RANAN TACTICAL SOLDIER (Black suit Sydot type) – Accessories: Stellar seekers, Laser gun, Laser long rifle. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, swivel waist, swivel tail, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

ZERGOT (Green suit Sydot type) – Accessories: Stellar seekers, Laser gun, Laser long rifle. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, swivel waist, swivel tail, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

DR. WAYBAR (White Sydot type) – Accessories: Stellar seekers, Laser gun, Laser long rifle, baby Trigore specimen. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, swivel waist, swivel tail, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball hinged ankles with tilt.

RAYGOTH – Accessories: Lazer gun, Lazer staff, Lazer claw. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

FLOZARI SHOCK TROOPER (Black Raygoth type) – Accessories: Lazer gun,, 2 Lazer claws. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

THAYGOR (Orange Raygoth type) – Accessories: Lazer gun, 2 Lazer staffs. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

YARGOTH (Green Raygoth type) – Accessories: Lazer gun, Lazer staff, Lazer claw. Articulation: Ball and socket neck, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

DISGUYZOR – Accessories: Cosmic war club, Adomen extension piece, Knee extension pieces. Articulation: Rotating faces, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

DESCEPTOR (Bone color Disguyzor type) – Accessories: Cosmic war blade, Abdomen extension piece, Knee extension pieces. Articulation: Rotating faces, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

DEESEEVOR (Blue/Purple Disguyzor type) – Accessories: Cosmic war blade, Abdomen extension piece, Knee extension pieces. Articulation: Rotating faces, ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.

GGRORR (Red Disguyzor type) – Accessories: Cosmic war blade, Abdomen extension piece, Knee extension pieces. Articulation: Ball hinged shoulders, ball hinged elbows, cut wrists, cut waist, ball hinged hips, thigh swivels, ball hinged knees, ball and socket ankles.”

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Return of the Power Lords - Preorder Friday 09/08/17
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:28 am 
Plug
Plug

I do not like announcements without prices. I do not like them after costs go up. I do not like them as surprises. No, I do not like them, not one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 am 
HATES Mattel

I don't think the short announcement time will affect anybody much as the preorder period is basically their own 'in house' Kickstarter with an undefined run time. Nobody will miss out unless a particular figure doesn't fund in time, whenever they call it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm 
Plug
Plug

The pricing isn't bad. Pics of the figures helps too.
http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/

Quote:
This 4-inch scaled, highly articulated Power Lords action figure will come in a collector friendly blister-card with character specific packaging details and accessories. Final paints & certain details may vary slightly on final product from prototype image shown here. For a comprehensive list of accessories and articulation for each character, please go to SourceHorsemen.com

This Pre-Order will be available from Friday, Sept. 8th, 2017 at 3:00PM EST until Friday, Oct. 6th, 2017 at 3:00PM EST.

Payment for this pre-order will not be collected until the conclusion of the pre-order period, and only if the pre-order is successful. For the production process of this pre-order to proceed, we need to meet a minimum production number for this wave. If this minimum production number isn’t met, all pre-orders will be cancelled, and payment for those pre-orders will not be collected. An announcement of the success or failure of meeting our goal for this pre-order will be posted on the front page of SourceHorsemen.com after the pre-order has concluded.

Attachments:
delete 1.jpg
delete 1.jpg [ 46.35 KiB | Viewed 1652 times ]
delete 2.jpg
delete 2.jpg [ 71.36 KiB | Viewed 1652 times ]
delete 3.jpg
delete 3.jpg [ 51.54 KiB | Viewed 1652 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 pm 
HATES Mattel

Interesting that there's not a Lord Power figure this time around.

I don't like the Sydot mold overall so I can't see getting the All-In set, although I do think I'll get the Ranan Tactical Soldier variant. With all the others that's 13 figures total adding up to $286; which I should be able to swing no problem.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm 
HATES Mattel

So, any indications of how well it's going? Over/Under/At expectations? More All-Ins than Singles?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 am 
HATES Mattel

So, I watched some of the videos (with the sound muted as I'm at work): http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=3086

I'm getting the feeling this project is gonna fail and I'm gonna say it'll be due to their apathy. I didn't watch all of them as I have work to do but I watched up through Ggrorr. It's nice to see Disguyzor's 'Man-E-Faces' feature, but can we get some indications of the range of motion on the figures beyond Yargoth's neck ball? Not a single solitary limb looks to be moved to let us know how expressive and playable these things are, and I only saw Yargoth and the Power Troopers spun around so we can see the back side (and the Trooper's back pack is *really* lacking in details, guys).

Again, can we just get some photos of these figures in a variety of poses from multiple angles?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:08 am 
Plug
Plug

AdrienVeidt wrote:
So, I watched some of the videos (with the sound muted as I'm at work): http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=3086

I'm getting the feeling this project is gonna fail and I'm gonna say it'll be due to their apathy. I didn't watch all of them as I have work to do but I watched up through Ggrorr. It's nice to see Disguyzor's 'Man-E-Faces' feature, but can we get some indications of the range of motion on the figures beyond Yargoth's neck ball? Not a single solitary limb looks to be moved to let us know how expressive and playable these things are, and I only saw Yargoth and the Power Troopers spun around so we can see the back side (and the Trooper's back pack is *really* lacking in details, guys).

Again, can we just get some photos of these figures in a variety of poses from multiple angles?
I'm more worried about your previous post. There hasn't been any kind of update about which figures are likely to go forward or which ones need a little help. Nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 am 
HATES Mattel

Yeah, I get the overwhelming impression they're resentfully fulfilling a contractual obligation to try to bring these to market.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 am 

Halfway through, but the numbers aren't what they were hoping for.
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/powe ... way-point/
Quote:
From the Four Horsemen:

We’re just past the half-way point for the Power Lords pre-order currently going on on Store Horsemen, and we’re still farther from our goal than we’d like to be at this point.

Please keep in mind, that none of the payments for this Power Lords Store Horsemen pre-order will be collected until the end of the pre-order sale, and if we don’t meet the goal that we need to hit with this pre-order to meet factory production minimums, then the pre-order will be cancelled, and the credit card authorizations will be cancelled so that none of the money will be taken from your account.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:10 pm 

Then maybe they shouldn't have ignored the property for all those years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:37 am 
HATES Mattel

More to the point; maybe they shouldn't have wasted all that time doing nothing and bringing forth just a lackluster campaign.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 am 

This campaign is to gauge how much interest is left without investing too much.
By their comments, I'd say not so much.

The whole line was weirdly managed. They started with generic troopers then repaints of these troopers and it took a while before we got actual characters.
Then a long hiatus and now this campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:00 pm 
Plug
Plug

They added cheaper unpainted troop builders. $15 armored Power Soldiers that in no way look like heavy armored storm troopers.
http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.c ... p_201.html

http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.c ... p_202.html

and 6 packs
http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.c ... p_203.html
http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.c ... p_204.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm 

So these unpainted troopers come at the same price as the original trooper that launched the line.
Full circle!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])