Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gi Joe Hasbro Should Hasbro just treat it as what it is.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:54 pm 

Now that Joe is not on the toy aisles anymore. How or should it come back.

I think the days of it being a kids thing is gone. I now have 5 children 4 boys ages are. 15,15,13,10and 5.

None of which who played with toys on the scale of how I did or my friends did growing up. This might have to do something with my household being outdoor and sports based ( travel baseball , competitive cheerleading). But by all means no funds was spared when getting the toys. They were disinterested in them, when they were younger. My youngest one is into Nerfguns thanx to the YouTube videos.

At its current state it is only for grown collectors. I think that's the way it should be. But I still think we can support it it in retail. They should do polls and give us what we want. I think Hasbro being only a toy company can only see its success or failure on the toy aisle. Let's say they moved it off of the toy aisle. Maybe a display in the men's clothes. Or in the tool department.

I think if they went after the people who still and support and buy it. It would have more success. I think it has grown beyond just a toy now.

http://kullaird.mybrute.com

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Gi Joe Hasbro Should Hasbro just treat it as what it is
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:51 pm 

maybe they should sell the rights to marauder or boss fight. a company that knows their market and has the factories already. could you imagine retail joes from one of those companies? green shirts that come with 4 headsculpts, 5 weapons, and 25 pouches :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:07 am 

Dakullprt I'm curious ...do you think your boys would have been into GI Joe if they had seen videos about the line on youtube (or the / a cartoon on youtube )?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:31 am 
HATES Mattel

Tired old topic is tired; and pointless because nobody at Hasbro gives a rat-fark about GI Joe in any capacity except as a movie tie-in property.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 pm 

Maybe they could jump start the franchise with a new cartoon on Netflix like they're doing for Stretch Armstrong or what Dreamworks is doing with Voltron.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:39 pm 

Looking from the outside, Mattel seemed to have some success with their He-Man lines through online/subscription services. Yes, the club did this but the prices were high and the selections limited and sometimes not thrilling. If Hasbro were to create new figures AND VEHICLES for an online service, I think it could have a chance. It would cater to the adult collector because while there are some kids that like GIJoe, it's only because their parents influenced it. And once those kids start spending more time with other kids, they will likely shift their interest to what the other kids are interested it. It's simply what happens, kids want their own thing, not what their parents want. I have 2, saw it first hand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm 

not to be too "tin foil hat", but my experience has been when we go to war the toy isle gets more soldier toys. in our current "war" the war on terror it has been less. maybe it is not PC to have soldiers v. terrorist, or maybe the powers that be have had a toy isle stand down and now focus on video game "recruits". there are of course still small selection of "army" toys, more so at dollar stores (which is a whole nother conspiracy) I had a bunch of topps gulf war trading cards :) and not only gi joes but dozens of knock offs as well. all Rambo wanted was a sandwich, but he got his own army.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 am 
HATES Mattel

FireFox91 wrote:
Looking from the outside, Mattel seemed to have some success with their He-Man lines through online/subscription services. Yes, the club did this but the prices were high and the selections limited and sometimes not thrilling. If Hasbro were to create new figures AND VEHICLES for an online service, I think it could have a chance. It would cater to the adult collector because while there are some kids that like GIJoe, it's only because their parents influenced it. And once those kids start spending more time with other kids, they will likely shift their interest to what the other kids are interested it. It's simply what happens, kids want their own thing, not what their parents want. I have 2, saw it first hand.

Yeah, maybe after a solid *decade* Hasbro might start using HTS for something other than a dumping ground for leftover crap WalMart couldn't sell.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:42 pm 

Hasbro is never going to JUST make GIJoe an online collector exclusive line. They'll either sit on it until the next movie happens or they make a cartoon.

People say video games are killing the action figure market, but I don't think it is. I'm a contractor and every time I go into a household with children there are mountains of action figures everywhere. Kids like to have physical representations of characters they like.

If Hasbro were smart, they'd make a good GIJoe video game. Something between Call of Duty and Splatoon. If they could pull that off, kids would be screaming for new figures and vehicles. And let's be honest, that's who really needs to be demanding them for Hasbro to care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])