Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ubiquitous Diorama kit
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 am 

Have any of you guys seen, heard of, or ordered one of these things? https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/65094

I saw them as a pre-order at BigBadToyStore and thought it might be fun to mess around with, but I wasn't expecting much. I got mine last week, and spent about eight straight hours sitting on the floor, putting it together and enjoying every second. It's honestly one of the best toy purchases I've ever made: the lighting elements really set it apart. I'm preparing for a much more involved photoshoot with it (and eagerly awaiting another set in the mail so I can expand mine), but I took a couple of quick photos with it tonight just in case someone's on the fence about buying it.

This hallway is pretty much my favorite thing ever:

I made this little display with the leftover pieces:

The lights change color at the push of a button: white, red, blue, purple, and a setting where each color gradually fades on and off.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Ubiquitous Diorama kit
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:02 pm 

Mine are coming today. I went with 2 of the regular sets, 1 of the sets with lights and 2 of the expansion sets. Pricey but these are exactly what I've been wanting in a ready to go display diorama.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 pm 

You'll be able to make some absolutely killer displays with that order. I was actually going to order the one without lights initially because I thought I wouldn't use them, but the second I plugged it in, I was so happy I got the lighted one. I've got a second one of them and the expansion pack coming this week. And the process of assembling them is a lot of fun: figuring out the logistics of the wire placement and such kept me busy for an entire night, in a good way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 am 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

I'm very tempted, but I really don't have a good space for them at the moment, and they ain't cheap. Loving what I'm seeing people do with them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:12 am 
Plug
Plug

It is on my birthday wish list. Lots of display/diorama offerings coming out, but the built in light features are what got my attention.

Also, don't think I didn't notice your customs you snuck into these shots. I took note. Always watching. :shifty:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am 

pluv wrote:
It is on my birthday wish list. Lots of display/diorama offerings coming out, but the built in light features are what got my attention.

Also, don't think I didn't notice your customs you snuck into these shots. I took note. Always watching. :shifty:

I hope that birthday wish comes true! The lights are so worth the extra $20 or whatever it is.

Believe it or not, I do still make customs. And now that I have a backdrop, maybe I'll actually get off my butt and take some photos of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:06 pm 

looking at it on the site. it would be nice if it had a picture showing all the parts it actually comes with and a figure for size reference.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])