Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: FORTNITE 4inch figures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 pm 

Redmao wrote:
Do the figures come with a code to make the costume available in the actual game or did Jazware miss an opportunity here?

They don’t but I wish they did. I think that’s more in Epic than Jazwares though. I haven’t really played the game, but from what I’ve read some of the skins are exclusive to seasons, and if you missed out, that’s it. Plus, skins can be anywhere from $10-$20 it looks like, so they probably don’t want to be giving them away since that’s how they make their money.

All of that is kind of a bummer because I’m really enjoying these figures and it’s makes me want to start playing the game, and especially makes me wish I could’ve gotten some of these characters.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:55 pm 

BeRealNickNaro wrote:

All of that is kind of a bummer because I’m really enjoying these figures and it’s makes me want to start playing the game, and especially makes me wish I could’ve gotten some of these characters.

I haven't been playing that long, and don't want to ask my son and have him start snooping in the forum and find out about Christmas....but I have seen them bring back old skins on occasion. But don't know how regular.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:22 pm 

Morian Miner wrote:
BeRealNickNaro wrote:

I haven't been playing that long, and don't want to ask my son and have him start snooping in the forum and find out about Christmas....but I have seen them bring back old skins on occasion. But don't know how regular.

Good to know. I’ll keep an eye out. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 am 
HATES Mattel

Picked up Carbide yday to start enjoying this line, woot!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm 
HATES Mattel

And now I've nabbed Teknique, RustLord, and the 4pack (although it won't get opened until I get home). If JW keep this up this line will last at least another year, maybe two before the game's eventually-fading popularity kills it.

Also, a child's pinata that spills out assault weapons is the most American product ever!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am 
HATES Mattel

So, Teknique... I cut/pasted her breather in place on her face and I'm gonna scrounge up some goggles to put over her cartoony eyes. Those touches, some weathering and a slathering of DullCote, along with a swappable bare-faced head should all go a nice way to 'realify' her to working nicely with the rest of my 18ths.

I'm thinking she's gonna be a sort of mutant 'Illustrated Man' update such that anything she draws she can render in 3D as a real 'living' object to the extent of her willpower and overall health/energy. Unfortunately, she can't enlarge/ensmallen them from the size they are when drawn, so she runs the streets with an auto-filling paint roller drawing graphitti and bringing it to 'life'. Constructs generally last a few minutes but there have been much longer-lasting examples. I imagine them working in combat like holodeck forcefield characters with the safeties off if that's how Tek is directing them. The more she has running the less specific-action control she has and the more they act like their 'natural' personality.

I'm thinking to get a bunch of nice cartoony-style monsters and whatnot to be her library of graphitti constructs. As usual, expressive articulation is a priority over looks. The recent Tom & Jerry I saw might be good. Those Bendy and the Ink Machine figures I've seen at WM might work well, too. Anybody got other suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Also, a child's pinata that spills out assault weapons is the most American product ever!

Merry Christmas!

I had ordered a set of the chinese bootleg "Fortnite cake-toppers" a few week ago and those arrived over the weekend. The heads and some of the hands are salvageable. The small pinata in the set is AWESOME. It's painted but it was cast in purple translucent plastic and some of that is quite visible (same on some of the figures --like the teddy bear girl.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:47 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

It's amazing how well these are selling out. They are really well done figures. I picked up a couple. Even Amazon has gone from having stock to showing preorder for a January delivery. I know the game is popular, but it's nice to see 4" scale figures selling like this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:25 am 

Surprisingly, I saw the 4 pack ($70 Cdn) along the big building boxset ($85 Cdn) and Omega ($40 Cdn) at a local Walmart.
I don't know if it's because the peg warmers from the other toy lines took too much space, but they were in the clearance toy aisle, but were at full price.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 am 
HATES Mattel

The 4pack is the best value at $10/figure and I'll likely grab a 2nd for customs. Still haven't seen the 2pack, nor picked up Bandolier and Drift. Bandolier is a dishwater-dull character design to me that's far better expressed in any number of HeavyDuty variants; and Drift's big coat makes me leery of reduced playability so I'm passing on him so far. I was mildly surprised to see Omega and Carbide are the same figure, but not disappointed since it's such a nice buck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

AdrienVeidt wrote:
The 4pack is the best value at $10/figure and I'll likely grab a 2nd for customs. Still haven't seen the 2pack, nor picked up Bandolier and Drift. Bandolier is a dishwater-dull character design to me that's far better expressed in any number of HeavyDuty variants; and Drift's big coat makes me leery of reduced playability so I'm passing on him so far. I was mildly surprised to see Omega and Carbide are the same figure, but not disappointed since it's such a nice buck.

Not sure if it makes a difference for you, but I think the Drift coat is completely removable and the figure has some similar sculpting underneath (no plain torso) so you can display without the coat and he won't look like he's missing something.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:26 pm 
HATES Mattel

So, what's a good resource to figure out what to expect in Series 2? What's cool in the game to dream of getting eventually? I figure the Skull guy McF did is a cinch in this line, and that should be cool. I'd easily get 5 of them to be a gang, easy.

What about this robot guy? The werewolf guy and Hot Tomato chick in the background? The slutty Red Riding Hood and elf witch chicks on the right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:30 pm 
DarkJedi'd

AdrienVeidt wrote:

I want the cowgirl chick, definitely, as she would fit very well into a Dreadnok idea I've had.

I picked up the graffiti girl (Tek-something) and Raptor at Target last night. Liked the design for th two females from the four pack and the Jonesy one from the building set.

Don't know enough about the game to know any other characters, but there are possibilities. Someone had set a Wreck-It-Ralph Sgt Calhoun(?) figure in the planogram of the Fortnite figures and I noticed they were similar scales. Might have to grab some Calhouns if they drop in price.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:15 am 

The cowgirl imho is a shoe-in at some point - you still see plenty playing with that skin. Problem is there are three versions of her I would want to see - the base version in the wife-beater, the one pictured above, and the one in the duster.

I laugh at how much you see the skins of the figures being released showing up in games, more than when I started playing.

There's a cartoony biplane in the game now. That would be cool to get. Or the atv with plow that would make a good 'nock vehicle.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:20 am 

Oh man, I need dat bear head. Kuma from Afro Samurai in Joe scale would be great.

(11:52:13) Python_Viper: yeah, the first day i met BA in person, I slept with him that night

(15:38:26) Tex: jesus deadpool gots some nice junk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])