Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: FORTNITE 4inch figures
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:46 am 

We told you last week how Jazwares plans on releasing a new line of 4" action figures based on the popular Fortnite video game. Well now we have some new details to share with you.
https://toynewsi.com/238-32230

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: FORTNITE 4inch figures
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:04 pm 
Plug
Plug

Articulated wrists and ankles. I'm down for these.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:52 am 
HATES Mattel

Yeah, I either need assurance that JazWares is gonna get these to B&M retail or I need BBTS to gimme a case. You have some magic about to happen if you don't screw it up somehow, JW.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:10 pm 

Nice looking figures.
Are these the characters that you play in the game?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Yeah, I either need assurance that JazWares is gonna get these to B&M retail or I need BBTS to gimme a case. You have some magic about to happen if you don't screw it up somehow, JW.

Wal-Mart has them, but they're not putting them out as they're street dated for 12/1, but a guy over at Toyark has from his "Wal-Mart hook up". Same with Target. I'm more interested in that modular playset.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:40 pm 
HATES Mattel

I think the 'playset' is just connecting up a bunch of the figure stands like K'nex panels or whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 pm 

Grabbed Omega from Target, whose arm snapped off soon as I tried to move it. But despite that, Omega would make a nice army builder if his price drops from $20 a pop. The figure has full articulation. Also picked up the Turbo builder's from Game stop.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:20 am 

So I had a bit of an ordeal at my local target this morning but I was able to get some of the figures
And I think these are great figures they feel sturdy, They are like corps figures with Joe articulation , the hands are kind of big so far very few joe weapons have been able to fit in their hands

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:26 am 

Great looking figures, but $20 each? Ouch. Maybe it's me who's out of it, but even the "super" articulated SW figures don't cost that much neither do the recent Jurassic World figures.
If this is how they intend to make kids drop their controllers to return to action figures, then they completely miss their target.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 am 

$20 is for the deluxe singles, $13 for the regular singles. Still too much, but I will be buying some - my boy has sucked me into playing that stupid game. I'm waiting for the cowgirl from the current game to be made - as many of her as you see running around the battlefield, I'm expecting her in later series. Or I will customize my own with Marauder parts if Chicken Fried Toys even releases their cowboy hats.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:01 pm 

Apparently this one was $20 instead of $13. Didn't realize that until I got home and checked the receipt. He's ok - but on the small side and definitely not worth the price. Might pick up the female if I see her. The 4-pack would be decent fodder if cheaper. Easy pass, though. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:16 am 

Wasn't planning on doing Christmas shopping today, but a dead car battery helped "put me in the mood". Found some of the regular singles and the four pack. I did buy a Teknique figure for me to open. Also, had also turned the Llama pinata set into an advent calendar for my son. Quick assessment of the two figures I opened and the weapons that I got to see while filling the advent calendar:

BigDayOne made a good comparison- they have a Chap Mei feel because of the oversized weapons and thick body parts. However, that's kinda how they look in the game to me, so they feel "right" (playing the game, the characters do have some weird hands). The weapons, though, seem to be a pretty solid plastic - not the flimsy crap that Hasbro seems to prefer now days. Paint ops on the eyes are my biggest issue - all the Raptor figures I went through to find the most decent one looked like they were receiving an unexpected prostate exam. For Teknique, I'd say it was 50/50 for figures with decent eyes compared to others with eye issues.

I didn't open the multipack, but it did look slightly better than what it did on Amazon. I bought it, considering the Target I found it at was totally cleaned out. I figure I can look at it some more and decide if its worth keeping. I get the feeling these will stay at the overpriced point until Christmas but, by later in the New Year, they'll be a better fodder price.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:02 am 
HATES Mattel

Chief wrote:
Apparently this one was $20 instead of $13. Didn't realize that until I got home and checked the receipt. He's ok - but on the small side and definitely not worth the price. Might pick up the female if I see her. The 4-pack would be decent fodder if cheaper. Easy pass, though. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Based on being on the small side, or is there more? I've seen Omega apparently has some over-heating in the shoulders causing some stiffness and apparently breakage; but he's the only one I've heard any issues with.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

I picked up Tecknique? The spray paint girl. Its a fun figure. They seems almost like blend of the Joe Style and the new Disney figures....a little cartoony but not egregious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:22 pm 

Do the figures come with a code to make the costume available in the actual game or did Jazware miss an opportunity here?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])