Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 6" Classified Cobra Commander and Retro line news
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:37 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Price is 12.99 for the single figures.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:46 pm 

Morian Miner wrote:
It's the little things that come across as laziness that really irks me...

You want to use the retro art - fine. But make the damn figure match. Or, fix the artwork - I'm sure Hasbro has someone who knows how to use Photoshop. Either give Snake Eyes the V1 head or change the picture to his visor. Same with Storm Shadow. When the image first came up, I was excited about Snake because the original head is my favorite. Then, seeing the figure was a letdown. For Storm Shadow, I actually like that sculpt. But, its the principle that bugs me.

I didn't find the preorder on the Walmart web site - what is the price point for these guys?

That's what gets me... It also looks like the Hiss Driver and Crankcase are new builds maybe, yet the single carded figures look pretty straight repacks.

Weird choices.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:15 pm 

They are all 25th/30th/50th tooling. SE and SS are straightup repaints of the "ultimate" figures and Baroness is the TRU 2-pack put out recently. HISS Driver and Crankcase are Franken-Joes with some parts swapping from across the range. Oh and they are supposed to use Hasbro's "face printing" technology which works incredibly well on the Star Wars Black series, yet three of the 5 figures shown are wearing masks/helmets. The face printing tech is great but ya kinda need a face for it to really work.

I'm honestly not disappointed at all with these offerings. They give folks who missed out an opportunity to have them in their collection, they are mostly the best versions of the figures and they have cool packaging art. I just don't need them.

Did anyone else watch the live reveal this morning? I about broke my eyes from rolling them so much at the designer and his comments. Saying the figures matched the card art? He must not have been able to see very well over that handlebar mustache (which is epic btw). And the packages having "score cards" on the back? Wow. I have no idea who the guy is but he didn't seem to have much knowledge of the G.I. Joe line beyond a list of talking points. And that is probably the biggest disappointment of all. At least the guy on the 6" line sounds like he knows his stuff and is something of a fan. Not that you need to be a fan to work on this property but you should know the history and basics of the brand you are working on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:43 pm 

Is that Crankcase helmet a new helmet? From the glamour shot, it doesn't look like other helmets from before. And, have to say, it looks pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:01 pm 

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
They are all 25th/30th/50th tooling. SE and SS are straightup repaints of the "ultimate" figures and Baroness is the TRU 2-pack put out recently. HISS Driver and Crankcase are Franken-Joes with some parts swapping from across the range.

Right, which makes it seem really weird they'd do new part combos for the ones that already had releases that match their card art, but not bother with giving Storm Shadow bare arms or the right head (or hell, an alternate head) for Snake Eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:52 pm 

Very disappointed to see they are not O-ring figures. If they do show up it will be a lot of money just for custom fodder.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:12 am 

Pretty much what I expected.
It is odd about Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow. It makes me wonder if they cut his goggle-head from the set. They should have left out a sword & sheath instead.
I am ecstatic about the vehicle drivers though. Now I'm wondering how wave 2 will look.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am 

The Pursuit of Cobra Snake Eyes came with the V1 head, so to use the original art but to only include the v2 visor head is weird.
As for Storm Shadow, why not just use Ultimate Storm Shadow as he matched the original art better than the Renegade Storm Shadow.

My wallet is glad as I already have those figures, but I'm curious to see where the line will go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:46 am 

While Hasbro is being lazy with the retro line, it seems they are actually working on the classified line.
New figures were revealed https://toynewsi.com/9-36775

• Cobra Trooper
• Baroness with bike
• Beachhead with kickass removable beret
• Roadblock repaint with a new head sculpt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:48 am 

And they all sold out within literally seconds...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am 

Yeah, I'm done with collecting if online preorders are the new normal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:44 am 
Hi, beav. Playing cards?
Hi, beav. Playing cards?

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
And they all sold out within literally seconds...

You can find them to preorder on eBay from a scalper near you!

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.44.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.44.01 AM.png [ 348.16 KiB | Viewed 1233 times ]

Ignore the man behind the curtain...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:14 am 

they keep speckling on accessories i'd like to have like the SE weapon stand and now that silver cobra.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am 

Wal-Mart did their Star Wars Black Series preorders last week in a way that took the bots out of the equation. They listed the figures simply as "Star Wars Black Series Figure" with no description or picture, only the release date. I wanted 2 of each of the new Clone Wars figures and they had 4 new listings matching the release date so I took a gamble and bought them blind. Got lucky that the ones I ordered were the right ones but it took actually looking at the item listing and not just the title to figure it out. AND they released additional quantities as each sold out throughout the morning until eventually selling out completely. So their entire stock wasn't loaded up front. As much as I hate Wal-Mart (and I do) they figured out a method that for the most part beat the bot scalpers.

The Retro Joe line stuff from them was listed the same way when the Star Wars stuff went live but since the Joe line didn't go live until an hour later they had already updated the listings I believe with names and pictures. But I wasn't interested so I didn't even try for that stuff.

I'm bummed I'm not guaranteed any of the Target Classified exclusives but I'll get them eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:55 pm 

The cover for the GI Joe Operation blackout console video game has popped on Instagram.
Seems like the characters will follow the Classified designs.

Speaking of Instagram, people keep posting pictures of the Classified guns next to Nerf Guns and the similarities are uncanny. Oh Hasbro...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])