Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 82-94 ARAH Reissue question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:26 am 

Trent wrote:
Yes, they put out ARAH O-ring figures, with washes, and new paint apps, retooled comic style versions and 2 figure,6 figure or convention box sets, again with new apps.

Not once have Hasbro just simply reissued the same old vanilla flavor of ARAH figures. The same figures, weapons, packaging, style, artwork.

It's like they just HAD to ''fix it'' each and every time. Just how many times does Hasbro have to mess with something that does NOT need to be changed???

Even the reproduced vintage Star Wars figures are touched up. I guess I don't understand people wanting hasbro to reproduce exactly the same thing again even thought there's still thousands of the originals still available on ebay.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 am 

"It's like they just HAD to ''fix it'' each and every time. Just how many times does Hasbro have to mess with something that does NOT need to be changed???"

Here we agree, but the people in charge at Hasbro are not the same ones that were in charge in the 80's, and they think they know better what's "trendy" or "cool" and will sell better. Or they just want to put their own mark on the line.

It's the same sort of mentality that's destroyed my enjoyment of reading super-hero comics.

But then, I come from that rare school of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:47 pm 
Baron Shooty Von Shooterwelm
Baron Shooty Von Shooterwelm

Trent wrote:
Has anyone tried to (or is attempting to) get a license from Hasbro (US, Europe), or other companies (that still have the molds) such as Funskool or Takara and produce a series of reissued ARAH GI Joes?

Not retro, not variations of the O-ring design. Exactly what you got from 82 to 84. The same quality plastic, paint apps, the same everything. Just like what Takara did with G1 Transformers years ago.

Is it not possible to get a kickstarter going and make this happen? It's been a burning question that has had me dumbfounded for the last 20 years.

Is there a problem with licensing? A lack of demand? Since Hasbro seems determined on doing everything but reissues it seems an outside source is the only way to make this happen.

Last edited by RedClaw on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:33 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

RedClaw wrote:
Thanks for letting me rant crazily for what, an audience of 10 people on a forum these days.

eh, it's gotta be at least 11.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:11 pm 
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast

Team Red Lazer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:21 am 

In an industry where you can get reissues of Transformers, TMNT, Power Rangers and more, it is glaring that Hasbro has never produced faithful reissues, instead either repaints or franken-joes

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])