Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Modern Figures or Toylines that are surprisingly rare?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pm 
Plug
Plug

sgartz wrote:
-Chap Mei stuff can be hard to find on eBay. I don't know if it's just that people aren't saving these toys in the way that they have licensed stuff, but finding specific Chap Mei items is a challenge.
Oh hell yes! Military stuff is pretty easy to come by having been re-released ounder their numerous toylines and store exlcusive lines, but looking for their space, western, fantasy, or pirate items can be a chore, and finding a specific figure or accessory is near impossible.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:57 pm 

Yeah, the Egypt/Mummy stuff especially. Wanna say I saw ONE set at a big lots when I was traveling (too big to put in my luggage) and never saw any ever again.

And their playsets are SO good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:19 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
When was the last time you saw the Aliens set specifically ? I think as recently as the last 2 years 3 packs were available and yet they don't show up often at all in the usual places .

I saw them about 3 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:34 pm 

pluv wrote:
Oh hell yes! Military stuff is pretty easy to come by having been re-released ounder their numerous toylines and store exlcusive lines, but looking for their space, western, fantasy, or pirate items can be a chore, and finding a specific figure or accessory is near impossible.

Exactly: the amount of time I've spent searching futilely for those themed Chap Mei items is frankly depressing. And, on the rare occasion I find one, they're also weirdly expensive, considering how inexpensive they are on the shelves. I hunted for one of those skeleton-head treasure caves for years, and when I finally found one for sale, it was pricier than most vintage Joe stuff. I mean, yeah, I bought it, but I felt guilty about paying that much for it.

Chief wrote:
Yeah, the Egypt/Mummy stuff especially. Wanna say I saw ONE set at a big lots when I was traveling (too big to put in my luggage) and never saw any ever again.

And their playsets are SO good.

I've been looking for that tomb one forever. Whoever's designing their playsets really has a great feel for what goes into making a fun toy.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:35 am 

sgartz wrote:
-Chap Mei stuff can be hard to find on eBay. I don't know if it's just that people aren't saving these toys in the way that they have licensed stuff, but finding specific Chap Mei items is a challenge.

It’s especially hard to find any of the female figs, like the paramedic. I don’t think I’ve seen her in 3 or 4 years.

Suntzu wrote:
Hap-P-Kid (Happy Kid Toys) M.A.R.S. Alien sculpt.

Not only do they not come up often on Ebay but when they do they usually have been extremely over priced. They are almost mythological with regard to sightings in the wild. It's even more rare to come across a North American listing for the vehicles from this line (yes...it actually had vehicles). Considering they seem to have been released multiple times over the last decade (?), at easily accessible discount stores like Family Dollar no less, I'm surprised.

The robots / mechs / armored humans you can find in various packing but the Aliens , their variants and the vehicles from the line?

Good luck.

Heck, I love to find the mechs or robots when I have the money.

The one that is surprising me is the Corps bad guy Simon Crill aka Plague of the Marauders. I can get the rest of that team for less than just him.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:20 am 

The WWE and UFC build n brawl figures are tuff to get at a good price these days. Especially Brett Hart and Sgt Slaughter

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])