Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Repurposing Figures
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:00 pm 

Repurposed figures, we all use them. I'm talking about figures that you use with little to no modifications as a character different than who they were originally supposed to be.

For example:

I'm using Destro v10 as Alexander McCullen.
ROC Paris Pursuit Baroness is my go to Chameleon.
Prior to losing my collection a few years ago, I had gotten 4-5 of the JvC Tigerstorm Copter Recondo that I used as the Terrordrome Support troops that were seen in the opening segment of the GI Joe movie.
And of course almost everyone uses Pilot Scarlett as Glenda.

What are a few of yours?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Repurposing Figures
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:03 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

I used to do this as a kid.... but not so much now...I'll always mod a figure at least a little.

Shockwave was my Snake-Eyes until I got 89 Snake-Eyes about a year later. I didn't get into Joe until late '86...so I missed the first two Snake-Eyes figures.
I had a v1.Storm Shadow that I got in a trade that I used as Billy from the comics after I got Storm Shadow v2.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:18 am 

That's the whole purpose of Marauder Taskforce.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:04 am 
DarkJedi'd

I wrote up something and when I went to post it, my computer shut down, losing it.

I use the iconic versions of the characters as the primary uniform, and future versions are repurposed.

I use Ace v1 for 99% of his 'appearances', but could see him in a generic flightsuit with a bomber jacket for non-duty times. Snake-Eyes v2, Storm Shadow v2, Roadblock v2 (new design), and Hawk (v2 General) are also used. Another suitable uniform for Hawk would be the mission briefing one with different colored top and pants.

All JOEs have their Dress uniforms for formal occasions.

LNF Tripwire I use for Rainbow, my CBRN Trooper. Gray Ace I use for Mooch and Boneyard, in the original Night Boomer. Grand Slam (silver pads), tan Clutch, tan Grunt, and the non-green Big Bens are used for other characters. All other Ace figures are reused for other JOE pilots, because Ace can't fly in a F-16, pilot a Battle Copter, or fly an A-10. So, new pilots, including the Guile one.

Most JOEs would have their first appearance uniform as primary uniform, only with environmental changes (winter coats over uniforms, or diving wet-suits).

Brazil Mission Mainframe is used as Rashid.

Deep-Six is always in the big diving suit, unless he has on a 'deck crew' uniform as shown in the comics. Any other version of him (old style diving suit) are other JOE Divers.

Dusty v3, any of the General Hawk flying suits, or any sub team appearance (Sonics, Eco-Warriors, etc) are turned into new characters with different heads.

Sonic Psyche-Out I use as Cobra Snakebytes (similar electrical shunts implanted like the Star-Viper). They are 'wired' into computer hardware.

Claymore runs Tiger Force and includes new characters, with parts swapped around to match better. Funskool Skydiver is renamed Monarch and operates a Tiger Force themed Glider (Tiger Moth). Tiger Force Jinx becomes Tiger Lily. I would put TF Dial-Tone lowers with TF Stalker uppers for a new character. Same with TF Flint uppers and TF Roadblock lowers, TF Duke uppers with TF Lifeline lowers, TF FLint lowers with TF Roadblock uppers, and TF Dusty uppers with TF Bazooka lowers. TF Beachhead becomes Sabretooth.

I don't have a use for Night Force or Slaughter's Marauders as of yet, but again would be new characters.

Any of the Cutter figures that are a complete new design are turned into Navy JOEs.

The Rock 'n Roll 'Benchpress' figure is now turned into 'Benchmark', and is a liaison from the Forestry Department Smokejumpers.

Sure Fire is the green one. The blue/black one becomes the standard uniform for more DEF JOEs.

Thunderwing's body becomes the standard uniform of JOEs Armor troops and are assigned to the Thunderclap, Slugger, MOBAT, or Mauler.

Sonic Law becomes Manx, another original character of mine.

Sky Patrol Airborne gets renamed.

Mercer v2 is another character.

Both Bazooka and Hardball have their torsos replaced with Repeater's to give them some gear and protection.

Later year Countdowns, Sci-Fis, Ozone's 2 & 3 become the uniforms of the Defiant and Crusader shuttle crews

Firefly v1 is the main design, unless he is in cold weather gear, etc. The Comic Pack version with the new head and brighter colors are used as the Demo-Vipers, a squad of Cobra Troops hand-picked by Firefly.

The Battle Corps version of Firefly are turned into other snake named Cobra agents, like Green Mamba or something like that.

All Battle Corps figures are renamed and reused.

Later Snow Storms are used as spacesuits.

Stars and Stripes set become new characters.

I'm sure there are other ones I'm blanking on now...

Somewhere I have a list of the break down of every single Viper design and Alley-Viper design.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:55 am 

I used Ace as Captain Future and the Hiss driver as Spider-man a lot as a kid. Not at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:04 pm 

Another one I remember is I had seven of the DG/FD Snake Eyes that I used as my O Invisors.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])