Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: MTF Vietnam Kickstarter!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:53 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Of the SURPRISE backerkit reveals--only got the red/white ladies.
I might...go back in and add the dark blue flight suits...just in case I want to redo my Dawn of the Dead customs.

The opted to not get the head packs even though they were tempting....but I literally have dozens and dozens of unused heads that I doubt I will go through even in the 2 years we'll be waiting to get these.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:36 pm 

Backerkit deadline moved to January 2, 2022 with the tease of more reveals.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:18 pm 

crap already filled mine out

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:47 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

josh.kestner wrote:
crap already filled mine out

You can edit it until the cut off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:17 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Hey Marauder Task Force Vietnam Backers!

We hope you are all having a great summer! Your Marauders have been very busy! Between regular Marauder website business, toy shows & convention and dealing with all our new projects, it has been hectic.

With the still on-going havoc from the international pandemic and those famous supply chain issues we had to make some tough business choices regarding Marauder projects and their priority. We made the painful decision to push off & stop work on ALL NON Vietnam projects (Ultra, Astronauts, Scuba, new Vals, Halo gear, etc) to direct all development & production resources to the massive MTF Vietnam project. We have proven manufacturing partners in place that have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects (MTF Troopers, Vals, Exo suits, K9s, WWII, etc.).

Marauder has successfully delivered several Kickstarter projects and the MTF Vietnam project will be no different. With the release date being so far out, we put our efforts toward the project and less to Kickstarter maintenance. Unfortunately, we assumed most folks who pledged to our Vietnam project had previously backed a Marauder project and had faith in the process. The Marauder Task Force Vietnam Kickstarter was very successful (thank you!) but still only generated about half what is required to produce the items. The need to self fund almost 50% of the project expenses were the same funding requirements we had for ALL of our previous Kickstarter projects, so we knew what to expect. We have heard from some backers that they are upset at our process. To that effect, if any supporter does not want to be part of the project, we will gladly send a refund AFTER the items are released (sorry, the 10% Kickstarter fees are not refundable). FYI - With the current runaway inflation & increased costs, the regular website prices for the items will be MUCH higher than the discounted Kickstarter prices.

As with all of our Marauder Kickstarters, we are committed to the project and are working to satisfy all of our backers. Marauder has been around since 2005, we ship several thousand regular website orders each month and have delivered multiple successful Kickstarters...we are in this for long term.

Thanks again for your patience and we'll work to direct more attention to the Kickstarter update process.

Thanks for your support!

Marauder-John & MGR Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:56 am 

:cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:20 am 
Plug
Plug

[quote"Marauder"]Hey Marauder Task Force Vietnam Backers!

We wish you all a wonderful Holiday season! As you know, we aggressively pushed for the Marauder Vietnam first figure wave release to ship by the end of this year. Unfortunately due to several unforeseen production issues it won't be possible. The large number of tools required, the huge number of items in the series and the complexity of the line have made the entire project quite challenging. The rapidly approaching Chinese New Year break will mean the first wave moves out to possibly late March/Early April avail. We understand and share in your disappointment at this news. We ask for your understanding and patience as we work to bring you the BEST Marauder Vietnam series possible. We are working to turn this temporary inconvenience in to a long term gain.

As mentioned earlier, the product flow will be broken out into several waves. We are covering all the shipping costs for multiple shipments. We planned for 1 (ONE) shipment and didn't even charge US backers for shipping. We are looking at a minimum 5 shipments or most likely more, with an average unplanned cost of around $15,000 for EACH shipment. We mention our added costs only to demonstrate our level of commitment to get you your items.

Preliminary breakdown of the first few wave of Marauder Vietnam figures:

Wave 1: Army Rifleman, Army Grenadier, VC Rifleman, VC RPG Soldier, Jungle Wolf Trooper

Wave 2: Green Beret, Green Beret Radio Man, Tunnel Rat, Drill Instructor, MP & K9, WW2 US Airborne

Wave 3: Mortar Man, Marine M60 Gunner, Montagnard Soldier, NVA Soldier, WW2 German Paratrooper

Wave 4: Marine Rifleman, Marine Sniper, Navy Seal Stoner Gunner, Navy Seal Shotgunner

As we get further along in wave completion we will lay out the rest of the figure wave releases. There is no time table set for when any Marauder Vietnam items, from any of the waves delivered to Kickstarter backers, will be on the website available to the general public. Making the items live on the site is NOT important, filling Kickstarter pre-orders is our only goal. The Marauder Vietnam series is our only concern and all other Marauder projects are on indefinite hold.

Here are design turns of the US Army Grenadier showing the special grenade pouches, bayonet & scabbard and the less obvious "rocker ankles" on the figure. [/quote]
Attachment:
greandier.jpg
greandier.jpg [ 196.35 KiB | Viewed 12907 times ]

Quote:
The Vietnam era fabric Poncho has generated the most interest and info requests of any of the upcoming accessories. Making an accurate 1:18 scale working cloth poncho is a tall order; but we appear to be on the right track! Here are images of the Poncho. The design, cut and drape of the Poncho makes it tough to believe it is on a 4 inch figure!

Attachment:
poncho.jpg
poncho.jpg [ 189.85 KiB | Viewed 12907 times ]

Quote:
We will continue to push to get the Marauder Vietnam items as quick as possible, while maintaining the detail and quality you have come to expect from a Marauder series. We deeply value your continued support and thank you for your tremendous patience as we work through this complex process.

Thanks again and have a Joyous Holiday Season!

Marauder John and MGR Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:54 pm 

I'm gonna be in my 60s before I can make a Magnum PI custom with their CIA guys...

It'll be worth it, though - MTF figs always are.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])