Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Roboskull Mk II Kickstarter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 am 

Wish I had the money to give someone to grab me one. Gary was a great guy and I keep missing out on the memorial figs of him.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:44 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Response Needed — Get your reward for ROBOSKULL® MKII - Action Figure Vehicle

The body of that email contains a link to your survey- that link is THE WAY to access your survey. This email also states "Survey Deadline: 03/31/22". Based on backer feedback, we've now changed the survey deadline to 04/30/22. This April 30th date will be reflected if you receive reminder emails in the future. Additionally, in an effort to best serve our backers, we have added the Paypal payment option. Please note that if you choose to utilize Paypal, payment are processed immediately, instead of on the deadline date.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 pm 

Got my extra goodies. Now the waiting...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:53 pm 
HATES Mattel

Couldn't go as deep I wanted but I snagged one each of the MTF figures. I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:49 pm 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
If you missed the ROBOSKULL MKII Kickstarter, the pre-order store is now open for EVERYONE! You can pre-order a GYRE WOLF aka Gary "Goggles" "Gyre-Viper" "Sightline Head figure here, too! Thank you!
https://roboskull.backerkit.com/hosted_ ... k4s3Uyg1KA

That’s right, unlike most Kickstarters they are letting anybody who wants to jump in now to preorder anything on the menu before this stuff goes into production. I promise you this, in two years and change, when these start hitting people’s mailboxes and door steps, you’re going to wish you had jumped in now. And whenever these do hit online stores, they are going to cost you waaaay more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:19 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Is it just me or does the words "beautifully carded" not seem as a positive when it comes to $$$ figures?

For that price, I don't want to destroy the packaging just to get the figure out. Maybe if they had a clamshell and packaging that would allow you to open it without ripping/tearing/etc and then you could just put it all back together to display?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:55 pm 

i think the "carded" primo figures i have seen are a card that slides into a clam. i only had a few bfs gorgon and a single awok, but iirc they both were easy access/reapply carded.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:41 pm 

I just made my payment on this. It's the first time I've made add-ons to my original pledge. One day these will arrive and I'll have to convince my wife that I paid for them "over a year ago." Honestly, I don't have to convince her, she'll just go "Ugh" and roll her eyes that I bought more stuff I have no room for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:38 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
FOUR-INCH WOLF TROOPERS

Watch out Roboskullers- Marauder 4" WOLF TROOPERS coming at you!
Attachment:
EFDE4055-7EA8-496D-8305-28B04FFE9AF9.jpeg
EFDE4055-7EA8-496D-8305-28B04FFE9AF9.jpeg [ 280.24 KiB | Viewed 14920 times ]

We think you'll agree that the Wolf Trooper has turned out beautifully at the 4" Marauder/1:18 scale. After these photos were taken we made some final enhancements to the jet pack, and we're ready to call it finished!

ARTICULATION ENGINEERING REVIEW
Attachment:
6A7FDE03-6D27-42F5-AC78-20CFBA85CF48.jpeg
6A7FDE03-6D27-42F5-AC78-20CFBA85CF48.jpeg [ 125.1 KiB | Viewed 14920 times ]

Mark's ZBrush View | O-Ring Articulation Engineering Review

Skeletron’s Mark O’Byrne has been working closely with Dave Proctor of Spartan Toys and John Kukovich and Troy McKie at Grindstone Toys to ensure that our Retro Skeletron/Wolf Trooper is fully engineered and ready for tooling. This figure is the very first of many to utilize the new Grindstone figure buck, as this buck is also the basis for the upcoming CALLSIGN: LONGBOW and OPERATION: RECALL O-ring figure lines!
Attachment:
2BF9DB7E-D4F2-40D9-9B30-B03B76B0E6DA.jpeg
2BF9DB7E-D4F2-40D9-9B30-B03B76B0E6DA.jpeg [ 128.91 KiB | Viewed 14920 times ]

Mark's ZBrush View | Reinforced Crotch Shot

I GET TO DRIVE IT
"50 feet tall, aerodynamic, designed to bring terror to every square of the planet."

Wordburglar's I GET TO DRIVE IT digital download is now available! Check your inbox if you pre-ordered the ROBOSKULL MKII Vinyl Album in BackerKit. Wordburglar delved deep into Palitoy lore and created a kickass track that every old-school fan will enjoy. This song is Bob Brechin-approved! Huge thanks to the awesome team who made this happen! And check out this phenomenal new art by Brian Sauer:

Attachment:
8CBF4915-64B8-40B4-9417-3479D46302D9.jpeg
8CBF4915-64B8-40B4-9417-3479D46302D9.jpeg [ 281.88 KiB | Viewed 14920 times ]

Wordburglar's I GET TO DRIVE IT | Artwork by Brian Sauer
We continue to forge ahead and are making steady progress on all products. This fall will be an important time to move everything into the next stages, so stay tuned!

-SKELETRON

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:43 am 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Hello Roboskullers,

We've received in-hand First Shots of our Retro SKELETRON/Wolf Trooper Figure, and they look fantastic!
Attachment:
IMG_3072.jpeg
IMG_3072.jpeg [ 300.12 KiB | Viewed 13696 times ]

Photos courtesy of Dave Proctor

As expected, some small adjustments to the molds will need to be made and then we'll receive updated test shots prior to final production.

Progress is also being made on all other fronts, and tooling has commenced for our Marauder 4" Wolf Trooper/Blood Wolf/Red Weasel/Gyre Wolf figures!

The Roboskull™ MKII, Roboknight Heavy Metal Armor, and Elite Flight Stand currently reside with our experienced action figure vehicle partner in Hong Kong. We expect there will be just one additional review in the next few weeks before tooling commences for the Roboskull and accessories. Here's a peek at a couple of sculpting detail upgrades being incorporated into the production of the Roboskull MKII:
Attachment:
IMG_3073.jpeg
IMG_3073.jpeg [ 339.66 KiB | Viewed 13696 times ]

Our highly-detailed 6" Red Shadows™ figures continue to progress, and the technical articulation/engineering is being worked on for our completed 6" figure sculpts.

4" & 6" Skeletron™ figures are currently further behind the rest of the figures, though they may yet catch up with the Wolf Pack. The first draft of the TOTAL ROBOSKULL hardcover is complete, and will no doubt be ready for print as soon as we complete the final product photo shoot. Finally, for those of you who pre-ordered the Roboskull Vinyl album, it is in production and we expect it will be ready to ship with the next wave of toys. The final double-sided album cover is below- Happy Record Store Day!

Attachment:
IMG_3074.jpeg
IMG_3074.jpeg [ 112.61 KiB | Viewed 13696 times ]

IT'S RECORD STORE DAY!

So, where does all this put us on our delivery schedule? Even with continued progress on all products, we feel that the overall pace of progress is putting our late summer target at risk. We are continuing to push for late summer, and believe it is likely that we will split shipping into a wave of toys as we await the completion of the balance of products. We sincerely apologize for the additional time that is needed for us to complete this Kickstarter, and we GREATLY appreciate your patience and continued support! We will continue to keep you updated, and we are committed to delivering everything as quickly as possible, without compromising the quality we all expect.

THANK YOU!

-SKELETRON

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:36 am 
Plug
Plug

Some progress shots of the figures.

First up is the Marauder 4” trooper first shot.
Attachment:
IMG_3898.jpeg
IMG_3898.jpeg [ 369.39 KiB | Viewed 13494 times ]

Next up is the Grindstone (Callsign Longbow) retro 3 3/4” o-ring figure with a “power sword”.
Attachment:
IMG_3899.jpeg
IMG_3899.jpeg [ 193.82 KiB | Viewed 13494 times ]

And now powered up.
Attachment:
IMG_3900.jpeg
IMG_3900.jpeg [ 84.25 KiB | Viewed 13494 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:38 pm 
Plug
Plug

Quote:
Great news! Our trio of PHASE B action figures are currently on the water and making their way to our US fulfillment center. As soon as the cargo docks in New Jersey, we'll be deploying your rewards. Prepare to welcome 4" Marauder WOLF TROOPER, 4" Marauder GYRE WOLF, and 3.75" Grindstone Retro O-ring SKELETRON/WOLF TROOPER into your collection! If you've recently changed your shipping details, please send us a message with your updated address right away. A big thank you to everyone who has already sent us their updated information!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])