Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: haslab Sky Striker
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:06 pm 

MJTanner wrote:
I see this come up a lot with the Rancor and the Skystriker... "this should have been at retail!"
And it is safe to say...

RETAIL. WAS. NOT. INTERESTED.

Not so sure retail wasn't interested, but then again can you blame any retailer for not being interested in anything Hasbro lately with the lack of and spotty distribution? If you say the distribution problems are the retailers fault, I would say Hasbro used to care. I don't see Mattel having that problem and they do much of the same retool/repaint.

momaw nadon

My Brawlingness
or to view and/or leave Brawlingness click feedback button below

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:23 pm 

momaw nadon wrote:
johnwayne wrote:

It's more than just a 30th Skystriker. It includes 5 figures with accessories and cloth parachutes that's a retail value of $50 alone, if you consider that they're limited exclusives you're looking at $150 in value for just the figures. Plus there's an additional vehicle that would probably retail for $25. That's $175 with out the two stretch figures, the updated skystriker, the extra decals, the extra bombs, or the exclusive stand. It's fair to call it expensive, it's not fair to say it isn't worth the price.

Not buy much and their claims to be more accurate F-14 is laughable. 5 figures that have no new tooling cost other than a new torso, as I see it. Not worth $50 in the least. Cloth chutes are nothing new, as we got them as accessories with figures in the last line. I don't doubt they would try and retail the service vehicle for $25 or more, as we all expect Hasbro to retool/repaint and then mark up. About the only thing you can count on with them. Plus you state yourself that $175, if you add in another $20 for the other figures, which again don't have any new tooling that is still under what they are asking the fans to pay. Though I don't want to get in a debate over anything, as we all have our opinions. I was just venting my concerns for the hobby we all love.

momaw nadon

All the figures are completely new tools. The plane is too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:59 pm 

Quote:
Not buy much and their claims to be more accurate F-14 is laughable. 5 figures that have no new tooling cost other than a new torso, as I see it. Not worth $50 in the least. Cloth chutes are nothing new, as we got them as accessories with figures in the last line. I don't doubt they would try and retail the service vehicle for $25 or more, as we all expect Hasbro to retool/repaint and then mark up. About the only thing you can count on with them. Plus you state yourself that $175, if you add in another $20 for the other figures, which again don't have any new tooling that is still under what they are asking the fans to pay. Though I don't want to get in a debate over anything, as we all have our opinions. I was just venting my concerns for the hobby we all love.

momaw nadon

Show me the 4 inch action figure line that has good articulation and good accessories that doesn't cost around $!0 a piece. And I stated that's $175 before adding in the cost of the Skystriker. There's no doubt that it's a lot of money. But, you can't say it isn't worth the cost. Also it's not a retail item, it's an exclusive. The last Club exclusive Skystriker was $150. I don't know what you want from Hasbro. Without Haslab and the mark up they wouldn't be making anything. Your option is the either expensive thing or nothing. I don't really want to debate this either. If this hobby dies it's not going to be because of Haslab. It'll be because the younger generations are not interested.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:08 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

momaw nadon wrote:
MJTanner wrote:
I see this come up a lot with the Rancor and the Skystriker... "this should have been at retail!"
And it is safe to say...

RETAIL. WAS. NOT. INTERESTED.

Not so sure retail wasn't interested, but then again can you blame any retailer for not being interested in anything Hasbro lately with the lack of and spotty distribution? If you say the distribution problems are the retailers fault, I would say Hasbro used to care. I don't see Mattel having that problem and they do much of the same retool/repaint.

momaw nadon

...If retail was interested...it would be at retail. That's kind of how it works.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:05 pm 
Plug
Plug

MJTanner wrote:
...If retail was interested...it would be at retail. That's kind of how it works.
Obviously I don't know what happened behind closed doors, but the Skystriker has always come off as engineered specifically for this hasLab project. I think they intended for it to be the Wow moment for a bigger retail launch. There are rumors that there are a lot more o-ring figures planned (but no word on where or when they'll be announced). 16,000 backers dropping cash on this isn't anything to sneeze at and if you're trying to show retialers there is still an audience for an o-ring retro line, you have the numbers to prove it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:25 am 
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast

heck the amount of money people are throwing to bootleg o ring figures on the black market seems like a pretty solid wake up call.

Team Red Lazer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:06 am 

I didn't support the Sky Striker and i've moved on from 1:18th for the most part but if i see a few specific O-ring characters on pegs.... i know i'm going to buy some. I consider myself out of Joe toys (i support comics and media only currently) but i'd buy some at non scalper prices. Nostalgia is real heh.

I'd prefer updated non 25th Joe product though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:45 am 

I think Lt. Wayne needs a proper Joe Codename.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:29 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Major Creator wrote:
I think Lt. Wayne needs a proper Joe Codename.

I get what you mean. I always wondered why there was never a backseater released for the Skystriker, so I made up my own.

David 'Rio' Gennaro, Radar Intercept Officer. :-)

I am not sure if I used the Lt Wayne Ruthel name for one of my other characters, but I believe I used the name from the Dragonfly for my Huey Doorgunner, Deuce.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:52 pm 

danielb wrote:
heck the amount of money people are throwing to bootleg o ring figures on the black market seems like a pretty solid wake up call.

Pretty much. We know Hasbro is well aware of bootleggers, even allowing the "Sightline" o-ring figure from Red Laser to be made and distributed as long as it was not sold. Regimes change, so I don't know the current teams familiarity. With a 2-3 year timeframe from concept to shelf, they probably saw the 2018-19 prices and thought "why aren't we getting a cut of that market? People are willing to pay that much for product with lesser quality, imagine what we could charge!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:01 am 

The time has come.....
to make sure all addresses are up to date by 12th of January 2023

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:35 am 

weird 3rd party seller ok but one can see how they will be packed

https://www.newegg.com/p/01N-0017-00294 ... 07HJRR6237

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:29 am 

people have been logging in to their FedEx accounts & seeing that they have tracking numbers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:28 pm 
Donor
Donor

Goldbug wrote:
people have been logging in to their FedEx accounts & seeing that they have tracking numbers

Ohhh, yep I've got one! I feel like time from label being created to it actually shipping took forever for the Razor Crest, so I'm not going to watch this too closely.

Still, it's coming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:16 pm 

Mine arrives today!

FB: @urbanrevtoys

#badguysneedgoodthreads
16 years in the Joecustom hustle!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])