Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Power Rangers 4'' figure question ...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:01 am 

I'm not very familiar with Power Rangers toys so i hope someone that is can help me out here.

Was there a 4 to 4.5'' retail line (i.e. not a high end collectors line) of Power Rangers that had swivel biceps or hinge & swivel elbows in the last ...16 years?

I vaguely seeing a power ranger figure that was blue and had ..."chain mail armor" or something similar (scales?). The only reason i recall this figure on the pegs was because i believe he had a swivel bicep and ball hips (or hinge & swivel hips) and that struck me as different and unique for Power Rangers figures at the time.

I'd love for someone to clear this up for me as , maybe , it only had ball hips and i wished it had swivel biceps.

Also...good God...15 years flew by.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Power Rangers 4'' figure question ...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:42 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Yes. I picked up Pink and Yellow Rangers for custom fodder. Ball hips and shoulders, elbow articulation, swivel wrists--but I don't remember a bicep swivel.

Is this the figure?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154661288178?h ... R_TEvNfZYQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:44 am 

MJTanner wrote:
Yes. I picked up Pink and Yellow Rangers for custom fodder. Ball hips and shoulders, elbow articulation, swivel wrists--but I don't remember a bicep swivel.

Is this the figure?

Thanks for the input. I searched for figures from around that time period and came across a variant of the figure you linked to so, despite not being positive, I think that's the only one it could be. And as you've noted...it has "everything" but the bicep swivel. I could see myself thinking " ..so close but not quite." back then which is why I ultimately didn't buy it .

I didn't buy it and add the articulation myself because I've never been extremely interested in Power Rangers but Bandai missed an opportunity to bring me into the fold back then lol. Here I am considering customizing it now...

It's a good looking toy clearly designed and aimed at the non collector market. Similar to the new Marvel Epic Heroes figures.

I may have to pick up that blue ranger almost 20 years later. Hopefully the late tax isn't too severe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:10 am 

In typical Bandai America fashion, the 4" rangers had everything but the arm swivel. They only made 3 or 4 teams before the line was canned.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])