Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toy Fair 2008
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:31 pm 

Wow...I'm really impressed. Clutch is great. I wasn't sure what they'd do for a 25th version of him, but I really like it. The Steeler looks nice, too. The VAMP and RAM are excellent; I love the level of detail on both of them. The DVD packs are an interesting concept, and while I'm not exactly crazy about the figures in them, I'll still pick them up.

Hasbro, nicely done!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:30 pm 
Donor
Donor

Red Sox wrote:
Regarding Slaughter: Isn't it more than just a naming thing? I mean it's also his likeness that Jakks/WWE hold the toy rights to correct? If that is true, then that would be akin to Jakks making a guy that looked exactly like Cobra Commander and then just naming him Serpent Commander or something. It just doesn't seem like it would fly to me, but hey what do I know? :shifty:

I think rights work in different scales. So a 1:18 scale Slaughter should be different than a 1:4 etc etc. At least thats how it works with Star Wars (why they cant sell packs of lego minifigs) But with the Club doing Roddy Piper last year I think Jakks and Hasbro might have some rights worked out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:15 am 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

Const wrote:
Isn't it supposed to be homage to the original figure? Didn't Bludd have a "special" arm as protective gear for that handheld rocket launcher he carried? In '83 Hasbro was ADDING articulation to the figures' arms, no reason to cheap out in only one of their figures. I'm pretty sure they intended to have 25th Bludd have no elbow movement as a nod to the original. And this has NOTHING to do with them cheaping out on an entirely new sculpt or at least the more compatible Flash torso and Red Star's boots.

I'm sure that was it, but by that reasoning all the OG 13 should have had swivel necks, not ball jointed, and straight arms. The point of the 25th Ann stuff in my eyes is to take the great designs of the characters, and apply modern sculpting and articulation to them. A non poseable arm is not an homage I appreciate, Pocket Patrol on Snowjob and Flash's Hasbro logo belt buckle are good, reduced articulation in a line known for it, not so much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:33 am 
Official JoeCustoms.com Canadian

Except that the OG 13 had swivel necks because that's how all the toys were designed at that point. Bludd had no elbow articulation to make him stand out. That being said, if they make a 25th Deep Six, I'd prefer they sacrifice homage in favour of articulation, even if it can't bob in the water.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:46 am 
Donor
Donor

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizardun ... sbro15.jpg -- OK, does this come with Balle Luge Guy? :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:48 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Maybe that POS Bludd will come out before the G.I.Joe convention. We can turn him into a real Major Bludd figure and bring him to the con. If we show Hasbro what we feel he should have looked like and ask them why they did the one they have, maybe we'll get an answer as to why they fumbled the ball so bad on this figure. They may have missed the the mark a little on other figures, but this one is like a beginner customizer's work. Worse even, a beginner that has all the resources he needs to make the best figure possible but they made this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:08 pm 
Plays a cop
Plays a cop

Midgarn wrote:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfmarvelhasbro15.jpg -- OK, does this come with Balle Luge Guy? :)

I wonder if The Hulk can parallel park, and if he uses hand signals.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:08 pm 

The Flight Pod would be cool, but it's got that crappy figure clip in it. That ruins an otherwise cool toy. The RAM and the VAMP are really nice. Assuming they actually fit the vintage figures, then both could be welcome additions to my collection. Aside from that, nothing else of real interest....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 pm 
Hi, beav. Playing cards?
Hi, beav. Playing cards?

Midgarn wrote:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfmarvelhasbro15.jpg -- OK, does this come with Balle Luge Guy? :)

Hey Hawk... wanna try a new hobby? :shifty:

Ignore the man behind the curtain...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:51 pm 
Donor
Donor

The DTC HISS isnt getting released, were actually getting the Original HISS in classic colors

Quote:
Following up from our coverage of the Hasbro showroom the other day at the New York Toy Fair, we went back to G.I.Joe Brand Manager, Neal Hoffman for clarification on a couple things. First there was a question as to which version of the Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank we would be getting in the upcoming G.I. JOE vs. COBRA Vehicle Assortment. Would it be some type of re-release of the DTC (Direct-To-Consumer) H.I.S.S. that was released a few years ago, or would it be an updated version of the original RAH (Real American Hero) tank? Here is what Neal had to say:

The HISS will be a RAH tank and we may look at the DTC for later use.
Credit TNI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 pm 

HypnoHustler wrote:
Const wrote:
Didn't Bludd have a "special" arm as protective gear for that handheld rocket launcher he carried?

I'm sure that was it, but by that reasoning all the OG 13 should have had swivel necks, not ball jointed, and straight arms. The point of the 25th Ann stuff in my eyes is to take the great designs of the characters, and apply modern sculpting and articulation to them. A non poseable arm is not an homage I appreciate, Pocket Patrol on Snowjob and Flash's Hasbro logo belt buckle are good, reduced articulation in a line known for it, not so much.

No no, not an homage to the actual '83 figure, with the same construction limitations of early 80s. That would negate the reason of the 25th line's existence. My point is that the v1 Bludd, as a character, had a non-moveable elbow because of protective padding/gear for his portable launcher. I think that was their reasoning for making him so, back in '83. They had just moved to swivel arms, why make a step back for ONE figure's ONE arm? Not that I agree to having him have a non-movable hand for that reason or that I view him as such (especially since it was not so in the comic), I just think that's why they did it. And from my understanding it was a long-standing issue between fans, to the point that many thought it was a fake hand (till DD came along and cut his hand anyway, ending the debate :-D ). To me it was not an issue, as it had never occurred to me the elbow didn't move, since I never had a v1 Bludd :shifty:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:46 pm 

From TNI:

Quote:
We also asked Neal for the status of the "G.I. JOE the Movie (1980s)" set that was originally listed to be released in the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3-3/4-inch Entertainment Battle Packs. Here is what he had to say:

The movie pack was changed to a "BEST OF" pack.

As to what actual figures will make it into this "BEST OF" set, I guess we will just have to wait and find out.

If, after twenty-one damn years of wanting a Pythona figure, you dangled the possibility in front of me just to yank it away, my rage will know no bounds, Hasbro.

Last edited by Darko on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 pm 

Eleven?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:36 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

I do have a question for Justin, since he saw these in person:

The diver Baroness, her torso, arms, and legs are Scarlett, with new head, hands, and feet, correct? That's what it looks like, but I haven't seen any good pictures of the legs to tell for sure. If so, that gives me an idea or two...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm 

http://www.generalsjoes.com/images/ToyFair_08/pages/battle_mass1_JPG.htm
How about that one?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])