Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Your top/bottom 3 Toy Fair announcements
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:17 pm 

So Toy Fair has brought us a bunch of goodies to ogle that are coming down the pipe for Joe this year.

The winners...

1. VAMP w/ Clutch

The VAMP is the most iconic and awesome of the Joe jeeps (the AWE Striker wins with steering, but loses the styling race to the Lambo Cheetah the VAMP is based on). Clutch is easily one of the most badass OG13. The two together are just great. $15 easily dropped. Plus, I love the boot holster Hasbro put on the new legs that Clutch and Steeler are sporting.

2. 1989 Snake Eyes
I know we've seen him before, but General Hawk's gallery shows just how awesome this sculpt is. Removable trench knives, removable night vision goggles, belt with a loop for his silenced Uzi, damn. What a powerhouse. The 89 Snake Eyes was easily one of the best figures of that year, and the remake is poised to be on the top of this year.

3. Weather Dominator multipack
Wow. Hatless Lady Jaye and a nice Destro repaint. Excellent. Throw in the Weather Dominator and a DVD and you're cooking with gas. Granted, this pack doesn't have the same wow factor as the MASS Device pack, but the new LJ is enough to make it edge that pack out in my book.

Honorable mention: MASS Device, new Trouble Bubble and Tele-Viper and BAT.

The losers...

1. 12" line
I'm not particularly interested in this scale, but these are really disappointing. I hope they don't wind up choking the shelves. With the movie coming soon, retailers aren't going to drop Joe because of one product sucking, but the 12" line seems almost like an afterthought. Really disappointing.

2. Major Bludd continues to disappoint.
I'm not sure how Hasbro could miss so hard on this one. As if people weren't pissed enough about Bludd decked out in Zartan's togs. Now we hear that his arm isn't articulated. I just don't understand why that decision would be made.

3. Duke's arms!
Clutch and Steeler look fantastic with new boots and a pistol strapped to one, but unfortunately, they still have Duke's arms. Rats! Those things can barely hold a pistol, let along a rifle. Luckily, it looks like Hasbro will fix Duke's pelvis for the TF Flint release. Nice. Now get to those arms, 'Bro.

Honorable mention: Where are the comic packs? Falcon V Nemesis? Serpentor still sucks.

Overall, a great Toy Fair. There's really no doubt that we're going to have the aisles stacked with Joe product this Christmas. Let's just hope the movie pushes the brand forward like Transformers instead of sucking the air out of the room.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Your top/bottom 3 Toy Fair announcements
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:38 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

It might be a little early to say. Not sure if more stuff will be shown or not, but going on what's there:

1) Cobra BAT - Really nice figure and it has lots of extras! Not only just a really well done figure but interchangable parts for battle damage!

2) Clone Trooper voice changer - It's just a neat addition to the Darth Vader that was out. Although I know it's aimed at kids, I hope they take the Darth Vader route and make it where it's not super small.

3) Wetsuit Baroness - It's a nice figure that will be used for more than just being Baroness. I can see many customs coming from this figure.

The G.I.Joe vehicle just don't make it on the list for me. They're nice and a great update, but they are still roughly the same thing I already have.

BOTTOM

1) DC's 3 3/4" figures - Well I'll probably get some of them, but I just don't understand Mattel having to mess things up all the time. There are new tooling ideas that have been invented but Mattel seems stuck in the 70s.

2) Cloverfield - While I did pre-order it for my wife and I do think it looks ok, it's not worth $100. They're making everyone pay for the license and they could have probably made more money with quantity sales if it were lower priced.

3) Lack of stuff - Yeah there's a lot being shown, but I'm sort of expecting more. Like where's the comic packs that BigBadToyStore has on pre-order? Is Sideshow there and ready to show their stuff? Why is Mattel dragging it's feet getting info out? Star Wars seems to have the biggest showing while others seem to be holding product back waiting for San Diego ComicCon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:51 pm 

Sideshow said that they will show stuff on the 17th at the end of their trailer...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm 
King of Daikaiju

3 Best:

1- Cloverfield: Very enthused about this. I love the sculpt. Looks very cool, and big. The price doesn't seem bad to me at all [but then with Godzilla and other Daikaiju stuff, I'm use to paying even more for much less than this.]

2- Transformers Universe: The new Classics figures are very nice. Galvatron was a nice surprise too. Never really cared for him, but that figure rocks so hard, it's a must buy, along with Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Octane.

3- AT-TE: Simply beautiful!

3 worst:

1- 12" GI Joe: Not impressed at all.

2- Star Wars Comic packs / Expanded universe: not a fan of this stuff at all. Add in the animated style Clone Wars figures too.

3- Transformers Universe: Couldn't stand the Heavy Duty or Blaster molds the first time around, loathe them now as well.

Top and bottom of just Joe stuff... that's tough.

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:47 pm 
Asado eater
Asado eater

Most impressed:

1- New Build n brawl
2- 3 3/4 hellboy
3- Gijoe new stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:16 pm 
Snake Staked

Hmm...

Good:
AT-TE
VAMP
SW Comic Packs

Not so good:
Lack of pics of new Joe stuff x3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm 

The pros from Dover wrote:
Hmm...
Not so good:
Lack of pics of new Joe stuff x3

Who's pics were you looking at that didn't have pics of the new Joe stuff????? There were LOTS of pics of the new Bat, cartoon pks, and a lot of the singles. Just depended on where you looked. :-P

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 am 

Top:

-Hellboy 3.75" figures
-25th B.A.T. (and other random new Joe stuff)
-TIE: 3.75" Indiana Jones toys, 3.75" DC line (interest definitely piqued, want more info and pics)

Bottom:

-No 3.75" Marvel figures at the show!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:17 am 

Did the Marvel line get confirmed, at least?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:22 pm 

the lack of 1/18 marvel figures is a big downer. I was really looking forward for some pictures...
The lack of articulations on the dc heroes 1/18 figures is a big downer too.
BUT

All the joes showed are incredible.

C'est d'enfer les mecs!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:28 pm 

dasaffe wrote:
Did the Marvel line get confirmed, at least?

as said in another thread

slim19722 wrote:
Someone over at TNI said they spoke with a Hasbro guy at TF and was told the 1/18 Marvel Lines wasn't happening this year, but they have the 1/18 Hulk Movie Line(I know it's reused Joes, but it's still 1/18), so I don't know.

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:08 pm 

1. The Weather Dominator is AWESOME. :-D Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat...I NEVER saw that one coming...good job Hasbro
2. The trouble bubble is back
3. A decent version of the RAM

Bottom
1. Not ANOTHER Snake eyes :cry:
2. Nothing else negative, except, it's gonna get expensive quick trying to finish off the 25th line

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:27 pm 
Snake Staked

Top 3:

1. GI Joe! Best GI Joe news ever.
2. Hulk. Reused GI Joe molds = TEH WIN!
3. Indiana Jones. Lots of foddery goodness.

Bottom 3:

1. DC 3 3/4" figures. How terribly disappointing :(
2. Star Wars. Except the comic packs, this line is pure crap.
3. Transformers. What happened to all the GOOD figures that were announced?

Overall pretty positive though. Even the bottom feeders have certain figures that i will buy :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:12 pm 
Snake Staked

my top/ bottom 3:

1) 1:18 scalle in full effect!
Is it me, or is it 1985 all over again!!!??? toys all in the same scale!!!! I guess the businss say the success with G.i.joe, now everyone wants a piece. Hopfully the "generic" 1:18 vehicles will make a comeback.

2) corrected vheicles!

They finally fixed the Vamp! Ram and armadillo!

3) getting good use out of molds

Hulk with G.I.Joes! only bad side of this is Im gonna have, like 50 hulks to get rid of...

the bad:

1) DC and Star wars line.

ok its 2008, can we fix the articulation, please?!

2) Marvel 1:18 pullout

I think theyre riding everything on the Hulk line, and if it flops,.. They'll probably abandon the 4 inch line.

3) WHERE'S BIG LOB!!!!!?????

- Aristotle."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 pm 
Plug
Plug

#1) Cartoon DVD packs with MASS Device and Weather Dominator. Hasbro just made a big fanVERY happy. I've only been campaigning for this for abut 20 years.

#2) DC universe 1/18 scale. Totally blindsided by this. Articulation could be better but getting it in the right scale is at least a step in the right direction. This line has enough potential that even haters will buy it.

#3) Hellboy and Heroes in 1/18 scale. With their lines set in 7 inch scale I can't wait for the smaller scale figures to hit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])